WTS - 2009 1kg Silver Kookaburra Coin (Auction)

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by willrocks, Mar 11, 2020.

1. VANGBAC

VANGBAC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Same here bought a bar just before the drop not a problem. Honor the bid or leave the Forum. My 2 cents.

Belvedere, hotchef, 316ag and 5 others like this.
  2. MoreSilver

MoreSilver Member

lol... so what if spot falls?
    what goes up will come down and
    what goes down with come up

That is the function of the markets... if someone is so precious to think they can always buy at the bottom and sell at the top and got some seriously overpriced tickets on themselves

funnily enough... some have bough at low prices only to find they are in a falling market and they couldn't sell that particular item for 8 months+ for a monetary profit. Thems the breaks.

conclusion...
    put your bid in if you are a man knowing that spot may go against you, otherwise don't bid until you can eat some concrete princess and harden the fire truck up IMHO :eek:

I mean can you imagine telling your partner you were the highest bidder and you retracted a bid because spot went against you and how much respect does she have for you afterwards?

Try retracting your bid at a house auction hahahahahhaha

As for people going 'oh dang it.. I did a silly thing by following suit and being the second person to retract when I should have stood my ground.' If you look at the terms and conditions for the auctioning of houses or cars you will indeed find, if you are outbid... you have nothing to answer for after that, your contract for that bid price is now void. Otherwise the seller could force you to pay for the house as well as the auction winner... farcical!!
    Once outbid.. there is no contract at your bid price.
    Well it takes courage and guts to come out in public and say things like that knowing that you might get mud slung at you as an easy target having done the same thing as the highest bidder. He showed courage to stand and face the fire, fortitude in knowing he was doing the right thing to apologise even though he very probably would get mud slung at him and guts to know that to apologise was the right thing to do to let everyone know... "oh goodness, I've learned my lesson!" even when he is in the position of having nothing to answer for.

I'm sure we all know we make mistakes, and we all know we need a second chance here and there.
    For Jonasdundee to come out like that rather than hiding away... I give you a like and I'd be happy to deal with you, regular trade or auction, and I'd be happy to write so in the trading feedback.

Good on you Jonas ... that is the stuff that forges character. If you have children I hope you find an opportunity to tell them about what you did here one day.

Not sure why I feel so strongly about this today ladies and gents, maybe my age, maybe other things.. not sure... but said it.. life is a funny thing :)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Jonasdundee and 316ag like this.
  3. VANGBAC

VANGBAC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Seems To me the person who started all this by retracting "joelcorp" by name has walked without a scratch strange.

Boyscout, AussieJim, XB and 3 others like this.