WTB - High relief coins (of any variety/size)

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by Newtown, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Newtown

Newtown Member

Interested to buy some additional high relief coins. potentially interested in any variety or size. Would prefer capsule only, rather than paying for proof versions with box/coa. But would consider boxed versions for the right price.

I'm relatively new to the forum, and have limited feedback at this stage. For any purchase with an established member I would make the transaction straightforward and hassle free, with cleared payment however you prefer prior to you sending.

raven likes this.
  2. malachii

malachii Well-Known Member

If you get into the Melbourne CBD drop in (605/227 Collins St). I can probably do you some new ones at a good price with a little bit of prior notice.

malachii

3. Newtown

Newtown Member

Thanks Malachii, have pm'd.

4. Newtown

Newtown Member

Bump. Not a lot of success so far. Anyone have any high relief coins on offer?

5. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

E4AE4378-EB21-4530-8D1B-D100D0B46F5D.jpeg B53B80E0-5D92-47FD-B21E-B77C61073E3B.jpeg
    2oz silver

6. DavidRich

DavidRich Member

7. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

4122A976-CF13-44AF-AB93-237B5DBA26CF.jpeg 2oz sif
    no coa
    capsule damaged
    issue 199$
    my price 140

8. Newtown

Newtown Member

9. Newtown

Newtown Member

Thanks Beyond, not keen on the mystical stuff though. Anything else?

10. Scottspurs

Scottspurs Active Member

What are you keen on? Might be easier, and less of a time waste for members .

11. Scottspurs

Scottspurs Active Member

That wasn't meant to come across as blunt as it reads. Haha. Sorry

12. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Might help also putting up your price range to also save some unnecessary to and fro via pms please

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Scottspurs likes this.
  13. Newtown

Newtown Member

I had assumed in good faith that my intent was clear enough in that my primarily objective is high relief coins. Type of coin is secondary. Sure, I'm not keen on the mystical stuff. Beyond just happened to coincidentally raise within the thread one of very few types I don't like. I have already purchased a number of coins from him, and we have continued conversing since, so I would like to believe that he doesn't think I am wasting his time. I could probably add American Eagles to coins I'm generally not interested in. However most anything else that I'm aware of, in high relief, is of interest. I think a small exclusion list is more effective in this case than listing out every type that I would consider, and basically excluding coins that I'm not even aware of that would be of interest. I have purchased many coins recently from forum members that I was completely unaware of until I asked what they had available for sale.

I have noticed that I can't amend my original post, but can clarify here:

Interested in high relief coins, of most varieties and sizes, excluding mystical coins and American Eagles. Oh, and the Rolf Harris Kangaroo if that ever came in high relief......

14. Newtown

Newtown Member

I have not had a specific price range, and simply posted a WTB add expressing interest, as do most. As noted in the original post I am interested in "any variety or size". Difficult to set a useful range with a multitude of variables - coins of differing value, and also sizes of 1, 2, 5 ounces etc. I did state that I "Would prefer capsule only, rather than paying for proof versions with box/coa", and had assumed again in good faith that my intent from this would be clear to established members. ie: I'm not looking to pay say $80 for a 1 oz kook/koala etc with a box/cert and a $100 rrp, but rather am looking for something with much less premium. Maybe this isn't clear enough though.

For reference, I took a glance through WTB adds over the last few pages from established members, and with the exception of a few spot price requests, not one proposed a price range. Many instead asked for PM of a prospective sellers best prices. But I am conscious that my range of interest in this add is wider than most.

If it assists, after giving it further thought, and taking differing coin sizes into account, what I can clarify is that I would not be interested in paying more than 3x spot price for any high relief coin, and ideally less. Hope that satisfies your request.

15. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well to clarify for other potential sellers so no one wastes their time you werent interested in paying 2.3x spot either...and that was for gilded ones.

serial likes this.
  16. Newtown

Newtown Member

Do you think such a comment lacking context is really helpful to anyone? I refused your offer for a number of reasons, price being one part only of the overall decision. I would potentially pay up to 3 times spot for one coin, and quite a bit less for another. It's the reason why I noted "and ideally less". Every sale is different, and I'm sure this concept is well understood amongst people who are buying with more than just spot price stacking in mind. I'm not sure why you seem to feel I have a higher burden to disclose detailed pricing in a WTB add, when no one else on the forum does so. Given you chose to raise your specific circumstances, I would mention that you could very easily have had the decency to PM me, given we were already conversing, if you were not happy about the disclosure in my add, and the now apparent burden on your time. You did not, and instead decided to forcibly air your grievance to a wider audience in my WTB add.

Can we move on, and get back to my WTB add?

17. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Relax, chill, chat..

I like many Chinese medals & have a few Perth Mint High Relief, notthe kind of thing you casually stack but.

D538FC5B-88C4-4E63-8940-589D1E8EBDA8.jpeg 4283F93E-81C6-4DC1-B440-E07B2B193451.jpeg B24B1598-0D28-4E1C-9157-EF0C9D9D3FBA.jpeg

18. Newtown

Newtown Member

Thanks STC, sounds good to me. Will pm.