WOW! What just happened?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by MelbBrad, May 1, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Someone better tell the buyers on E-bay the bubble has burst then, Bunch of Pamp Oz's all around the $55-6 mark with 45 odd minutes to go.

For my 2 grams worth this is manipulation with the added advantage of OOooooH look at that shiny thing over there? It's a pothole in the road expertly dug to flatten a few tires.

The rest of the vehicle does not have a scratch tho and will be back on the HIGHWAY heading north soon. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlNo1NjAEQ[/youtube]

2. wannabesilver

wannabesilver New Member

If silver and gold were actual money how would you value it? In my estimation scarcity and abundance mean the same thing. Value is only perception. When and if fiat crashes it will be back to work I promise you. Work has existed much longer than any exchange. Work is the only value and work will remain the only true value. Whether you have 5 ozs. or 5000 is irrelevant. Think about it, if ALL fiat disappears how will you measure your holdings? A small part of me knows that many of you hope that fiat remains... Just saying. Or better put, I guarantee you that not one of you will part with your water or food (all fiat being failed of course) for any amount of silver. I am sorry for sounding rude because I AM NOT trying to be rude. Silver is not necessary for survival. It is just a temporary investment if what many to believe to be true is in fact true.

I believe silver to be a great investment to curb the initial onset of shtf, but after that I believe it to be as worthless as dust, gold included. History will show you this fact.

3. Aengrod

Aengrod Member

Sorry dude but history showed that gold and silver always had value. Other thing is that you had to PROTECT IT as well as your food, water and whatever else. Show me in history when gold had no value at all. Right now, gold is one of the things thats used for food exchange in zimbabwe.
    No gold = no food.

4. wannabesilver

wannabesilver New Member

I used the term All Fiat. Zimbabwe is still reliant on fiat. And History does show you that only a select few had it and I assume you do not wish to be counted amougst those select few that did. Even if you did have it as they did I presume that you would do the same as they did. Nothing. Or war.

Gold even if it existed before mankind had to be percieved to be valuable, Who did the perception?

Screw that lets say that gold and silver didn't exist- how would the planet change? I can tell you this there probably would have been less manipulation. Show me where gold and silver has done anything that fiat hasn't or isn't doing. I conclude there is an opportunity for gain at this particular moment with many things (gold silver food water and lets not forget vodka) but after that we are reduced to the peasants we once were. Then what? Follow the thought..

5. Aengrod

Aengrod Member

6. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

You seriously need to read Mike Maloney's book ... It's a glaring gap in your education/knowledge base!

7. mintydent

mintydent Member

If Gold and Silver didn't exist, other minerals/metals/gems would take its place. They, in turn, would be manipulated as well. Value is in the eye of the beholder.

Although you are correct in that it is just a metal. We give it value by appraising its worth as well as what we use the metal for: industry, decoration, jewelry, status symbol, etc.

Speaking of status symbols, Indians in the northwest U.S. used to praise copper above all other metals. A sign of an extremely wealthy person was if he or she took a big copper sheet and broke it in half and threw it into the sea. They perceived gold as being worthless.

8. mintydent

mintydent Member

Take Aengrods signature above..people obviously value cocaine very highly if they're willing to pay that much for 1 gram. ;)

9. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You are making the same mistake as everyone else who is ignorant to their homework properly before commenting publicly.
    Lessen one; compare food with water and silver with fiat money only.
    Once you did that I will give you the second lessen, but do not jump over all over the place straight away

10. white-metal-man

white-metal-man Member

I cant follow something ......that doesnt start anywhere logical.....nor have any clear argument..............this is incoherent ramble..........

11. Turk

Turk Active Member

No guys, I'm afraid the writer is quite correct when he writes:
    "Some people who wanted to see silver go higher were the ones buying it up"

Well, that was me I'm afraid. It seemed like a good idea at the time but he's seen right though my cunning plan.

Jonathan is obviously a gifted professional (and a lucid writer) who posesses an uncanny insight into the very core of the investor psyche; I recommend him highly for all your investment advice:

Jonathan Barratt - (02) 8267 9000
    Commodity Broking Services
    Level 25, 2 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000

12. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think Mr Jonathan Barratt talking about the naked longs

13. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

ROFLMMFAO !!