Wow, just wow. New Jim Sinclair video. Incredible insights.

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Gold Kiwi, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Gold Kiwi

Gold Kiwi New Member Silver Stacker

I'm sitting here watching this Q & A session with Jim Sinclair at a recent shareholder meeting and am being blown away by some of the insights from this legend.

I can't tell you how long the video is because there's no progress bar and I've paused it part-way through to post this message. I think I've been watching it for about 30 minutes so far.

Jim Sinclair is all about gold, but this video offers something for everyone on this forum.

One of the nuggets I've gleaned from the video so far is that he expects the final price of gold (when it forms part of a new virtual reserve currency around the middle of 2015) to float around 20% below the highest price reached at the end of the mania phase of this bull market. So there will be the opportunity to sell at the peak and take profits and he says there's nothing wrong with that. He says the signs that we're at that stage will be obvious.

There was also a question that was a little out of left field about whether there's a "global conspiracy" and if so whether the powers that be have lost control of the "grand plan." He provided a long and insightful response.

Link to the video:
    http://standrewsclubav.ca/webcast/client_tanzanian/20120301/jsmineset.html
    Adobe Flash Player required.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this video was filmed a day after the recent $100 take-down in the price of gold.

2. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

There's talk that JS really just steals his stuff from FOFOA.

If you read FOFOA, you'd get an idea of what you've mentioned from a few years ago (FOFOA's inverted waterfall).

But unlike JS he never goes so far as to set timeframes or fixed amounts (like 20% below mania or 2015).

Recently I believe JS was asked about why he thinks the gold 'float' would actually be a fixed amount, because he indicated a 1:7000 ratio of USD:Gold. So now he's coming around the FOFOA's thinking and claiming it neatly as his own? (Edit: Actually that was James Rickards... too many Jim's! :| )

3. Gold Kiwi

I do read FOFOA and while watching this video I thought hey, that sounds just like Freegold!

Please do watch the video. Jim Sinclair actually makes the point that he's an expert in certain areas and he surrounds himself with people who are experts in other areas. No one is an expert in every area of finance.

4. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

Fair enough :)

I'm glad you read FOFOA too. It's not for everyone, but gives food for thought anyway.

I'll have a look at the vid a bit later, cheers.

5. Haggai 2:8

Haggai 2:8 Member

What is FOFOA?

6. Gold Kiwi

I lost track of time, but I think the video runs about 60-75 minutes. You can click on it to pause/resume.

7. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

http://fofoa.blogspot.com/

For those that have the interest, and the time to read, there is a lot to learn from that website.

And the comments sections.

8. Barbarian At The Gate

Barbarian At The Gate New Member

Jim Sinclair doesn't need to steal, pilfer, or simply just use information provided by others - blogs, organisations, government bodies, etc.

Jim Sinclair's father was Bertram Seligman (Sinclair was his mother's maiden name).

The House of Seligman had ties to some of the wealthiest families on the planet, including the House of Rothschild, out of which sprung famous/infamous banking names such as Goldman Sachs, Lehman and Solomon Brothers.

Jim Sinclair's predictions are eerily accurate because he knows the real movers and shakers behind the scenes.

In conclusion, and in terms of world affairs, Sinclair's lineage is exemplary. His timing is uncannily precise. He knows who the real power-brokers are and what they're up to.

9. Aengrod

Aengrod Member

Actually FOFOA quite often quotes Sinclair as a great thinker, freegolder etc...
    If we really do have to go to the core, it was ANOTHER not FOFOA that came with the concept or rather full understanding and inevitability of freegold, its FOFOA who always quotes thoughts of ANOTHER, and thats exactly what his blog is all about. Expanding, explaining and evaluating thoughts of ANOTHER, and FOA.

And +1 for barbarian's post ;)

Btw thanks for vid Kiwi.

10. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

11. heike1a2b3c

heike1a2b3c New Member

Definitely was worth watching the whole lot. I got a lot out of it.

12. topaz

topaz New Member

Easy predictions are the best. And very possible, very real. Like the baker who predicts: I see there will be bread... Maybe interviews should just be made with them drunk, to get the whole picture and not just the INTENDED message

Jim Sinclair... the son of Bertram Seligman whose family started Goldman Sachs, Solomon Brothers, Lehman Brothers and other major investment banking...