World heading for bust says Jeremy Grantham

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by sammysilver, Mar 25, 2014.

1. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

'Very painful': World heading for bust 'unlike any other', says Jeremy Grantham

Legendary investor Jeremy Grantham says the US Federal Reserve is killing the recovery of the world's biggest economy and the ''next bust will be unlike any other''.

Mr Grantham the cofounder and chief investment strategist at the $US112 billion ($123 billion) Boston-based fund manager GMO said he wouldn't invest his clients' money in US stocks for at least the next seven years because of the Fed's ''misguided policies''.

Mr Grantham has an impeccable track record, having called both the internet bubble and then the US housing bubble. In November he said he believed the US sharemarket could rise another 30 per cent, although he believed it was overvalued, before crashing again.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/mark...ther-says-jeremy-grantham-20140325-35f34.html

2. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was out bush yesterday so missed the thread. It popped up for me in the Herald this morning. I should have picked the eyes out of yesterday's comments and presented them as my own!

4. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

So, he doesn't want to invest in stocks for the next seven years but believes that stocks could still rise by 30%.
    OK.

5. knightrous

knightrous New Member

His prediction seem's just a bit scewiff