World Financial Crisis Over ?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by errol43, Jan 3, 2013.

1. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Correct me if I'm wrong, but simple economics 101 had me believe an interest rate cut causes withdrawal of capital, the result of which is a decrease in the value of the dollar?
    An interest rate cut is the trigger, but not the cause for a drop in the dollar. The dollar value is based on FX supply/demand, so it infact does require a withdrawal of funds to drop. :)
    I think you have your cause and effect confused.

2. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Australia is currently a one trick pony so far as investment go's, resources. Our main customers/producers are already looking elsewhere due to increasing costs of production here thanks to the braindead morons running ruining the country at the moment. All the interest in a strong dollar could evaporate literally overnight and it would take very little to see much of the current foreign investment withdrawn to shore up problems at home once a black swan event occurs.

Consider for example the last little ripple back in 08/09, the govt had a nice little kitty of 70 odd billion in the bank which it pissed up against the wall in short order and an average interest rate which could be lowered so as to ease the pain for business and mortgage holders.

Whats left now ? as JulieW ask's above Quo Vadis ?

Reno I think you are looking at things through rose coloured glasses M8. The mad bastards in the U.S and Europe are running around from leak to leak along the dam front as it is now placing papier-mache over ever increasing holes, sooner or later there is going to be a cascade effect that will take the whole system down the S bend. The patient is already dead they just haven't turned off the life support system. It is an Ex Parrot.

China buy's our stuff so it can make crap to sell back to us, the U.S and Europe right?. Once the U.S or Europe stop buying China's stuff China stops buying our stuff. Things don't just have to stop for the whole house of cards to collapse tho, just slow down enough for the derivatives market to kick in and blow the lid off the whole charade.
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/financ...lion-dollars-20-times-the-world-economy/30944

China itself has some nasty little banking horror's in it's own closet and a massive population well over due for some fun and games on the home front as well.

Everything is not peachy keen and it's not different here, wake up and smell the roses man, they are dead and the vase is full of putrid water.

3. doomsday surprise

doomsday surprise Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Did anyone say religious nutcase? At the end of this video she looks seriously crazy. Her religious criticism of Ron Paul wasn't exactly justified either. Oh - guns an ammo, make sure you have enough to go to war - nuclear weapons would probably help too.

4. petey

petey Active Member Silver Stacker

+1 quickest way to lose credibility, tell a story from the bible.

5. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nutcase ? Yeah maybe but she does know what she is talking about and TPTB will take her out one way or another for spilling her guts.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323291704578197440782643474.html

6. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+1 what a load of rubbish she is unloading at the end. All credibility gone in an instant. Doomsday brigade in action again.

7. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Of course ive got my rose coloured glasses on ....somebody needs a pair here

China is far from our only customer & i wouldnt be too worried about losing income from them for a couple of years at least

Ive just been around long enough to see a few boom & busts occur & oz always bounces back like the AUD does lately when all the morons think the USD is safe then they come to their senses & realise its still fkd & up goes the AUD again .

My question to you guys is what other currency is worth buying at the moment . Like i said earlier the AUD isnt there by accident .It gets there by calculated risk & by a lot of people with big money & those people have done their calculations & consider it AOK....for now .Just like the foreign investors spending billions do you think these people pull the location out of a hat ?

8. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Well yes, actually, they do.
    The average FX screen jockey will be looking at their charts, find a trend and then trade the trend.
    If the trend is rising AUD then they will jump on board - and just as quickly reverse their position if the trend starts going the other way.

The average hedge fund will have their bank account stuffed with US dollars they borrow from Goldman Sachs at low interest rates.
    They will "invest" that money into Australian banks because they can get higher interest - but as soon as the exchange rate goes against them they will pull that money back home in a flash.

Just like stock markets have been taken over by traders and speculators, so have the FX markets.

9. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

I understnd that but why are they buying in ? answer = its the best of the bunch ....obviously.

It seems the average hedge fund is stuffed with AUD atm :p:

10. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Because they can get over 4% interest in AUD deposits where USD, Euro and Yen are all close to zero.
    But that money is not long term invested - it can and will be pulled out quickly if conditions change.

Australia is probably a safer bet than say China or India which are paying higher interest rates,
    because hedge funds trust they can get their money out when they want - we are less likely to confiscate it in a crisis.

If there is a worldwide SHTF scenario, I don't think we'll end up in the scenario painted by Auspm, but we certainly will not be immune.
    A few large bank failures overseas can end up having knock on effects here that nobody can predict.

11. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Something about the "messenger and the message".

The essence of what she says is that the failure of morality in society and the rise of greed is the reason for this whole mess. Quite a reasonable supposition I believe.
    I'm also open to her proposals that financial fraudsters should be treated like war criminals. It's easy to read in The Guardian that a few hundred pensioners will freeze to death this winter because of derivative effects on heating prices, but hard to reconcile that perhaps a City trader's Ferrari payments were made with some of those lives.

When Ann Barnhardt points out that Goldman Sachs holds assets of 81 billion dollars against derivatives exposure of 48 trillion and a leverage position of about 545:1, because GS and USA are one fiscal entity AND details the rest of the USA's 'weapons of mass financial destruction' and the impossibility of de-leveraging at this stage, I'm quite pleased to see those wild eyes passionately pleading for her audience to understand what lies ahead and to prepare for the Balkanisation, of the USA or it's dreadful outfall.

When I first saw the 'Club of Rome' book in the 70's I was so stricken with fear at the future I ran away to the country to prepare of the end of days. Well as you've noticed 'Babylon' didn't end, they managed to paste over all the problems and 'technology' took care of the rest. The can was kicked down the road. But that 'road' is a dead end and I still believe the day of reckoning shown in the C of R figures is coming and you have two choices; live in Babylon with all it's delights and terrors, or find a path to your own security and try to lead those you love to the same place. At the moment, Babylon doesn't look too secure to me.

12. tiddleyetom

tiddleyetom Member

Probably made at a Bilderberg meeting, sounds like the sort of diatribe this lot come out with whilst amongst their friends..

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Quick! Better sell all pm's to buy shares like APPL and CBA before they go any higher :lol:

14. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

I don't really care about what will happen.
    What I know is that some thieves are out there, stealing more with the day, year and decade, disrupting and wrecking what is left.
    Instead of watching yet another decade powerless, I control my worth now myself, along silver instead of the cheapskate crap that they flag as 'legal tender'.