Wish to be welcomed into the community

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Kota, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Kota

Kota New Member

I have been a fly on the wall for a bit on the forum. And been learning from all you all and enjoying the differences of opinions that each has and respect each one because everybody looks at the stacking as a different means to get from point A to B or just because it is shiny. I agree with you all, because each person sees something different. I have my opinions but that is for a different day. I started stacking back when it was at USD 18 to 25. The story behind it is that My Mother (who is on welfare) use to send my kids a round here and there for birthdays and prior baptism, she went to the bank or something and got them at 4 dollars (kids are 11 and 15 now). So I went through my After a divorce and hard times my belongings to figure out how to get from point A to B, had to sell to get back to food. Found the rounds in my "treasure Chest", Literally, (where I kept things for the kids and self that I thought may be important) Sold 5 rounds at local coin shop, went straight to grocery store and was a life saver. At that time I didn't even know what a "round was" . Just looking for anything of value in the house and thought that it may be of value so looked it up called LCS was told to come down lets see what you got. After that and getting feet on ground (a few years later) I said never again. Silver saved me, but maybe there is something there. So I started stopping by my local Shop every week and any extra money started buying 2 rounds here, 5 there. I don't have much, but you guys keep me focused, looking at things a different way.
    I tried to post a few a couple times as a newbie and just basically felt like an idiot because I felt not accepted (refer to past post). I am still a newbie compared to you guys but have followed you every day.
    I am trying again, I have a few questions on some things. If you guys would be so polite I would like your opinions. My Father was an international Professor and is losing Capacity to consent and put me in charge of some interesting things (found a lot of interesting silver) not much probably in Value (who Knows) and not really my point to seek value. More the silver bug hit and need to know what you guys know , some of which I would like to share in pics, but do not know hown(yes I know not to disclose my whereabouts and Burying in back yard vs SDB). Please guide me. Thank You. Cheers as most say. KP

2. ego2spare

ego2spare Well-Known Member

welcome :) what rounds and what price are u buying for at your LCS?

3. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Silver saved me...............

Good line.

welcome.

4. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome
    It would help if you filled in your location ;)

5. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi there :)

6. Kota

Kota New Member

Thank you House, I respect your opinions

7. Kota

Kota New Member

to Ego2spare. Haven't visited the LCS lately.
    They were and are good to me when I had the extra 100 bucks a week to purchase and build my stack. At the time it was 1.50 over spot for a buffalo (which I went for because Son is also a bit Native American) and I was trying to get him involved and teaching economics.
    Interesting that at the time I sold those first 5 or 6 rounds that saved our ass he was with me.

8. kezza26

kezza26 Active Member Silver Stacker

welcome to SS!

9. Kota

Kota New Member

Spannermonkey to prove to you I am real and honest I will fill in my location. I am at Houses house in Sydney. All my stack is out on the front Lawn LOL. Just kidding in Florida.

10. HugeMetalFan

HugeMetalFan Member

Welcome Kota!

11. Kota

Kota New Member

The LCS was a good escape with whatever money I did not piss off for the week or spend on crap that could not go towards my kids in the future. The people were great. I went through another hard time with a local move (still very expensive) and did not go by for a bit. when I started stacking a bit here and there I saw some posts on the site here about different companies (not plugging any) that can deliver in days and have sales for 99 cents over spot. Was cheaper than 1.50 plus tax at 7% so did a test run. Ended up being alright so bought a few ounces (just over 100 USD free shipping) and worked out good.

12. Kota

Kota New Member

Thank You HugeMetalfan. Have been around for a bit but just coming out of my shell. My first posts as a newbie scared me to be back to being a fly on the wall. Now I would like to appreciate the wisdom of all (all the different views) and become a part.

13. Kota

Kota New Member

kezza26, Where did you get that square root logo? My favorite one is the square root of 69 is 8 something.

14. Kota

Kota New Member

House? Can you put all this on the general discussion Silver page as I Would like some general advice? I appreciate it. I would like to download a pic of something and will try to go with your feeds on how to do. But would like opinion on a few things. I do not know how to PM so if you can please give advice. Thanks, KP

15. MikeW

MikeW Active Member Silver Stacker

Hi and welcome to the forum.

16. Boyscout

Boyscout Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

17. Kota

Kota New Member

Thank you for welcoming me. Promise I will not be a nuisance.

18. Casper

Casper Active Member

Welcome Kota

19. kezza26

kezza26 Active Member Silver Stacker

I had to design a toilet for Cameroon, Africa, a couple years back while studying towards an engineering degree. I found it online while researching.
    Using the "Tinypic" website, i re-sized it to use as my avatar.

20. danman49

danman49 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker