- WIN - Silver - Guess the object

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Austacker, Dec 22, 2011.

1. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

is it a vinyl sleeve for a coin?

2. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Piece of ice

Regards Errol 43

3. silvertongue

silvertongue Member Silver Stacker

Foam rubber draught strip?

4. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

Thank you everyone and a Merry Christmas. Appreciate everyone getting involved and a fun way to end a hectic year for a lot of us. Big shout out to GP for running a great forum and all of his helpers kudos to you all. For all of the members and especially the ones that have helped me a lot this year, you know who you are :) Have a great break be safe and let 2012 be a year to remember. Keep up the good work everyone and see you soon.

Merry Christmas !!!

Finally the news you have all been waiting for..... and the item was....... the foam from inside the Pelican tough cases. YAH !!! It was a small piece I used in modding my microscope.

[​IMG]

Take care Aus :)

5. Dirtbikepilot

Dirtbikepilot Active Member

That would be just about spot on wouldn't it. I know he didn't pick what case it was out of but he certainly picked the item.

Great idea and great fun.

Thanks.

6. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

Perhaps, you could be right, I took it as more of a compact closed cell foam rather than an open cell foam. The point of coin capsules was why I took it that way as my capsules have a tighter closed cell. Happy to verify on honesty. I have no issue honoring if this was what was meant. After all it was meant to be fun :) Let me know Dandan.

Edit - I found a coin capsule and put the two together, this is why I thought they were different, you can see clearly different and tighter foam. However offer stands for clarification :)

[​IMG]

7. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

The Umpires decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into!

8. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

If you don't mind me asking how much was that Microscope and/or where could I get one? since this thread I have been looking at everything and wondering what it really looks like, driving me mad :p

I remember my brother had one some years back but it could only zoom in on things that were thin enough to have light pass through them, not interested in one of those as it limits what can be viewed too much.
    Any help would be great :)

9. Dirtbikepilot

Dirtbikepilot Active Member

Yep, I see the difference in the pics. going by description only I thought he had it. Will not argue with the umpires desicion. :)

[​IMG]

10. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

Hey Roman this was just brought from HN and is a Kaeser Baas model. It works OK but certainly not in the top end but for $80 roughly it did what I wanted after some modifications.

Depending on what you want to do I would recommend getting a good microscope with a USB camera attachment you will get better quality images with sharper shots. Again horses for courses and depending on your requirements can be the difference between $80 - $250 +

More details in the Magnified Panda shots thread in the panda forum.