Will they 'the people' realise things ar'nt so good?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheEnd, Aug 6, 2013.

1. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

So rates have been dropped again today..... All of us here on this site know that's not good news, but what about the masses..... What will happen if they come to realise also that low rates are no good and somethings just not right..... Will they stop borrowing altogether? Will they start selling investment properties en mass? Will this be the straw that breaks the camels back and causes a massive spike in unemployment with people being put off left right and centre? I'm just wondering how long its going to take before the even the sheeple wake up?

2. PMS

PMS New Member

Lower rates = More borrowing = More debt... "and the band played on".

3. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Ye theres an article in the 'Real estate' section about Melbourne to boom again in 2014.... Next thing you know property will be as expensive as it is in Sydney......and that's not a good thing!

4. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think the masses have already realised that the economy is just not quite right.

With so many interest rate cuts over the last few years to try and stimulate the economy, and it is still not happening?

The fallback position of the economists, is that it takes time to filter through. However, previously, the results were obvious within a few months of any interest rate cut. This is certainly going to be an interesting ride!

5. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Surely they will HAVE to call a recession if this rate cut doesn't work..... When do they check the unemployment figures again?