Will Platinum Demand Tank With Move Toward Electric Vehicles?

Discussion in 'Platinum' started by Bullion Baron, Feb 29, 2016.

1. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Active Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUgJUcJ2Xxc[/youtube]

In Australia they make you watch this bloke in pre school or did when I was young

Have been trying to give ffstacker a few tips on the basics, with a few vids
    But she thinks we're all silly old dumb f$cks

2. sfstacker

sfstacker New Member

I don't know why you're still discussing this. It's already been tested, confirmed as working, and seen as not significant enough to further test or manufacture. You've also been given a reference as to where the same concept already has been observed in the Pioneer satellite. I don't know how you can sit there with a straight face and tell me it doesn't work when another piece of machinery displays the same properties. You can argue that the machines are different. However, you can't argue that the laws wont work as proposed with the EMDrive when they've been seen to work on the Pioneer satellite.

At that point you're then choosing to ignore a fact because it doesn't fit in with how you believe the EMDrive should work. Based on everything you've written in your past few posts YOU and I both know you're too smart to think that way so why are you choosing to do so?

3. BullionQuestions

BullionQuestions New Member

Ok... look...

The Pioneer Anomaly is not really an anomaly anymore. They figured out it was thermal recoil, in other words, it's Newton's Third Law of Motion, just like every other rocket, solar sail, gun recoil, ever in history. It's 100% understood by established physics. Every physicist in the world understands how the Pioneer Anomaly works: it's shooting out photons, which are like tiny bullets, which have moment, and which create thrust. Simple!

The EM Drive does not send anything out. It creates photons, but instead of go out, they are trapped within a chamber (the "resonant cavity"). The EM Drive emits a photon, causing thrust, but then that photon hits the opposite wall of the chamber and creates an equal and opposite thrust, and the net result is - no thrust. Just like turning on a fan inside an enclosed box. It consumes energy but does not generate any thrust. If the EM drive works, it violates conservation of momentum.

You are simply ignoring the difference between Pioneer and the EM drive: one is an open system, and one is enclosed. Hey if you cut a hole in the EM drive, so that it's an open system, it would work exactly the same way the Pioneer anomaly works, except with microwaves instead of thermal photons, but the effect and the physics would be the same.

Anything which violates the laws of physics would absolutely be studied. It would suddenly be the only thing physicists could talk about. They wouldn't be able to think about anything else for the next ten or twenty years. When Einstein proposed general relativity, the effects were so small that they are almost beyond our ability to detect, and they have absolutely no practical use in today's world, and yet governments and physicists spent decades and billions of dollars on devices such as gravity wave detectors and Gravity Probe B and others to measure these effects, because hey, when you discover a new fundamental law of physics, you test it, no matter how hard or expensive that test is, you do it, and then you replicate it again 100 times.

Violating conservation of momentum would be BIGGER than any of Einstein's discoveries. Einstein didn't undo Newtonian physics, he just showed that they need to be adjusted and speeds close to the speed of light. The EM drive would actually undo Newtonian physics, forcing us to rewrite the last 400+ years of physics theories. There would be no bigger science discovery in any of our lifetimes. Again, if it's a real effect, of producing thrust without conserving momentum (nothing is leaving the chamber), there would be almost nothing else of interest in the world of physics today.

But physicists are all completely ignoring this because it's just another anti-gravity device.

Thomas Townsend Brown invented a similar electromagnetic anti-gravity device in the 1920s, and Eugene Podkletnov invented one using electromagnetism and superconductors in 1992. Neither of those could be replicated of course. They're both very similar in claims to the EM Drive.

There is a reward of one million Euros, called the Gde Award, for a working anti-gravity device. The EM Drive could easily win that award if they can demonstrate it. Hey the published design of the EM drive is really simple. I could build it myself for $50k and collect the million Euros. Except I wouldn't, I would just be out $50k. I would be super-happy to loan anyone here $100k to build the EM drive and win the Gde Award and collect one million Euros. The terms of my loan are, you don't owe me anything if you win the Gde Award award, but you owe me $200k if you don't win it. I'm absolutely serious and I can easily come up with $100k. I wish someone would take me up on this, although I require some way of collecting my $200k if, by some crazy chance the EM drive doesn't do its job.

Here's where you apply for the million Euros: http://www.goede-stiftung.org/en/goede-award/

4. BullionQuestions

BullionQuestions New Member

Correction: I said there's no practical use for general relativity. I then wondered if that was really true so I did a search. I was wrong. Apparently the GPS satellite system operates at high enough precision that general relativity effects need to be taken into account for it to work properly. Probably some other high precision timing / satellite systems would be sensitive to general relativity effects.