Will Janet Yellen save us all?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheEnd, Jan 3, 2014.

1. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Just checking up on the decision to be made about Janet Yellen...The vote is happening next week..... Reading thru this article Yellen is very dovish and is going to keep rates at 0.00% until unemployement reaches 6-6-5%.

So cheap money is still very available for years to come but it does also say she will prick and asset bubble like RE to save it from destroying the economy also. She seems to be actually very considerate/passionate about actually getting it all running smoothly again and not just raising taxes like they have in Europe.

So, will this actually work and eventually turn the U.S economy around, or will it be a failed experiment.

Personally I like the idea but I cannot see where all the jobs are miraculaously going to appear from??? :rolleyes:

http://www.thestar.com/business/201...ext_head_of_the_us_federal_reserve_board.html

2. bubbleboy

bubbleboy Member

She certainly is going to make sure there is more than enough liquidity for everyone, the more dollars that flow means the more our retirement savings and assets will be worth in the future? :/

"The difference between anemic growth and recession will increasingly be semantic. This is another "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" debate in which Ivory Tower/State economists parse juiced or manipulated data to conclude the economy is "growing slowly" or slipping into negative growth; i.e., recession.
    . . . . .
    Trumpeting what amounts to signal noise as "steady growth" is adept perception management (i.e., propaganda), but if it doesn't include increases in purchasing power and discretionary income for the bottom 90%, it's a propaganda embarrassment, like the Fed official hyping the declining cost of tablet computers while someone in the audience shouts, I can't eat an iPad!"
    http://www.peakprosperity.com/blog/84092/trends-watch-2014

3. Greg Williams

Greg Williams Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yellen = Bernanke on steroids
    Her Keynesian view is to print your way to prosperity. :|

4. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

If you believe a word a politician or banker says you want your head looked at.

Their default mode is LIE and keep LYING

5. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Well speaking of 'Propaganda' here is a fresh Daily Reckoning article on that very subject.....Governments overruling..... EVERYTHING! :mad:

http://www.dailyreckoning.com.au/when-prices-are-propaganda/2014/01/03/

6. SilverSaviour

SilverSaviour New Member

Yes, She will save us all

7. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Phew, I was worried for a moment! :p

8. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

O.k what I am really is will she turn the U.S economy around? Or will it continue into a slowly deflating 'deflationary' environment?

I suspect the latter because the U.S in no longer the manufacturing giant it once was.....China/Asia is the new giant.

9. SilverSaviour

SilverSaviour New Member

She will turn the US around like a junkie's dealer turns her life around by giving her (the junkie) a weeks worth of free heroin.

10. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

One last shot and then she'll get straight.

This is an academic, a theorist, who is just a figurehead.

11. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Ye I am thinking they will try this low rate stuff for 1-2 years and then realise it is still not working.......After that, who knows whats next??? :rolleyes:

12. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

The privileges matter, the boss is irrelevant.
    That's State.

13. GBN

GBN Member

Does anybody know how they are going to keep rates low and taper the QE at the same time?
    My understanding was that the 85 billion per month was going in to the bond market to keep the price up, and the yeild down.

I think they have tapered back to 75 billion or whatever it is, but they are doing something else to manipulate the overnight rate that nobody is talking about (yet).

Any ideas?

14. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yellen :lol:

15. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Man you gotta keep up with the news........They have tapered 10B off.....They buy all the bad defaulted mortgages from the huge housing bubble they had.......So they're now trying 75B per month but some are saying it will only be temporary because nothing will really improve.

10B really is'nt that much in the big scheme, they probably only did it to raise confidence spending just before xmas??? :rolleyes:

16. GBN

GBN Member

But how are they going to keep the rate near their 'target rate' if they are not buying (as many) bonds?

17. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Out of my league man....All I know is interest rates are staying 0.00 until things improve.....That could take 1-3yrs.....Time will tell!

18. SilverSaviour

SilverSaviour New Member

I'm not sure if tapering from 85b to 75 billion is going to make that much difference anyway

19. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Why is a certain rate a target?
    To make it State cheaper to pay off debt.
    So when do they allow a rate to increase?
    When State steals more. By any combination of frontrunning on markets, inflicting higher prices, increasing tax rates, increasing tax base, adding taxes, increasing speeding tickets prices, increasing amount speeding tickets, and so on, plenty choices/ways.
    So actually, whether or not they succeed in this, depends on what their targeted victims do. Whether or not they are able to evade the higher prices, the tax, the speed tickets, etc.
    A combination of this all, erases existing saving money on bank deposits, due to people paying more and that more going to their institutionals, that then happily spend it in their place.
    And of course, if the producing citizen will be able to produce 5% more every year from now on, over a decade it will be over 50% more, and this will then compensate for an over 50% increase of the circulating money.
    That's in short how central planning operates. Things like this 'target rate' fit in this bigger scheme, one can't judge them each on their own, it requires the whole in order to determine what they can and not can.

20. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member