Why are some members allowed to carry on to the detriment of others.

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by Lovey80, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

Serious?? This has to be a joke thread! is today the new april fools? Some members don't like what other members post? You don't like the way threads develop and disruptive posters should be banned. I agree, this forum seems to be going downhill and it's crap like this that is doing it. If you don't agree with someone to the point of having to abuse them, just don't answer. If you think someone's a dickhead, ignore them. What do you do when you get a niusance phone call? (here's a clue- You hang up) Don't like it, don't participate. You don't have to read and keep reading a post you don't like. For goodness sake, snap out of it. if you're so sensitive and are easily offended, stick to the boring, dull threads that no one reads or comments on ( like mine) and leave the SS police duties to the relevant authorities. I haven't been here long, but as much as some threads have annoyed me, and as much as I would wish violence upon some posters, I think it's pretty retarded to jump up and down and cry to the admin because I'm not happy with a thread.

2. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Orhh No Fair! I only picked a coupla' fights :)

3. Clawhammer

Yeah...but what can you do?

[​IMG]

4. DanDee

Here's another thought, If you want friendly and civil social intercourse, rather than the boisterous banter of the public forum, go to the members G D . I hear the tone there is of a much higher calibre, although spelling and grammar mistakes are frowned upon.

5. Clawhammer

...and I'm just the breeze that blows hard over the whole scene :D

6. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Testing...........

7. DanDee

8. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Nope I was dead serious. I have no problem with a forum being as open and unmoderated as you want. But if you are going to lock threads pending moderation which detracts from the hundreds of other members that are put out, so you can moderate a couple of people having a years old lovers tiff.....on a regular basis, then simply tell the two lovers to go get marriage counciling somewhere else.

I would love to simply just ignore them, but as stated in my first post, my (and I guess by the number of thanks many others as well) use of the forum is continually disrupted by the constant trolling.

edit:
    I didn't just mention you mate 50% of the reason this thread exists is because of you. Nothing to do with sour grapes because Auspm left, you are just as bad as each other. I am sure you don't act like this in real life, so why act like a child here every chance you get?

9. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Thats the thing .... i do act like this in real life. . :lol:

10. alexisio

alexisio New Member Silver Stacker

Enough said

11. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

@Lovey80. Are renovator and auspm the only two members under discussion here?....make that one member.

Ive been on here just on 12 months. The nature, nor the ferocity of posting has changed in my time here and the last few months have been tamer than the time over Xmas and the early new year . Who remembers any thread with the word "freeman" in it?

General Discussion alone had more crapfights and deleted threads per week than we get here now in around 2 months.

12. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bring back black powder pistols i say.

I'll sponsor Renovators Medownick costs if he needs it.

REDBACK

13. Lovey80

In a nutshell (for me) yes. Lets face it Auspm will be back once he calms down. Not saying that other members (including myself at times although I try my best to stay on topic and relevant) have not strayed, yet it seems that once one of them posts in any topic you can guarantee the other one will be there derailing it soon after (sometimes the original post derailed it to start with).

The same thread is a fine example. Luckyluke has a certain way of posting that can only be labelled as blunt. At least the back and forth from him and Shiney remained somewhat relevant to the topic even if some of the words were directed at the person and not the argument. Between Auspm and renovator it's like watching question time in parliament. Where the Prime Minister gets asked straight forward questions and spends all day every day attacking the opposition without ever answering the question asked and a speaker that habitually allows it to happen.

Every thread they are involved with turns into a farce.

14. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

15. Lovey80

I have just been informed by PM that a thread can be locked or deleted by the request of the person that started it. GP can you please confirm if it is in fact correct? Of course I am not referring to sales thread which makes complete sense.

16. Clawhammer

That's a can of worms we don't want revisited... Hiho and my staushes made the Sydney/Melbourne rivalry look like childs play. This Reno/AusPM things got nothing on us.

We were the reason Gold Is Money got shut down :p

17. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Ah god, Auspm is gone:(

Are you bloody kidding me!?

Sitting down with a nice hot cuppa and reading Auspm's rants and raves was one of my favorite things to do, when I uh...had nothing else to do.

Now what are we suppose to do for fun around here?

Come back Auspm and bring your ball with you. It's never gonna be the same :(

18. Argentum

Argentum Well-Known Member

Some ppl just like being centre of attention and they will do anything to keep it. I reckon once ppl start calling members names on here there should be consequences; if you want to argue, go ahead do it in a civil way; calling ppl "idiots" is just uncalled for

19. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

oops too late, if not we can pass the can of worms to gonefishin , but to bad he is gone :lol: fishin

20. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am not surprised by the number and passion of the forum arguments, considering the only thing in common that the members have is a shared interest in Precious Metals, and we can't even agree on the best metal or shape for it.

It reminds me of the old Emo Philips joke... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2y_kI_-x1Q&feature=related

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.