Who really controls the gold price?

Discussion in 'Gold' started by Seven of nine, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Paul

Paul Member

So far that plan is not working well.
    There is usually better correlation between the ADP report and the government jobs report.
    I am scratching my head wondering what happened.

2. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

Markets and economies do not make a difference when trillions go through the Bank of International Settlements and only a few have restricted access ...

3. Paul

Paul Member

OK, I just drank my first cup of coffee while looking at the latest COT and eye-balling the results into last week's graphs of price and COT positions.
    Silver and gold continue to become less and less coupled.
    I would say that we are late into the current gold up-cycle, but only mid-range on silver.
    To phrase that in words that more directly answer your question, I expect the price of gold to stagnate until silver is ripe for a smash, and then they will drop together.
    We got out of gold literally minutes to hours too early this time.
    It was still quite profitable, but profits were much smaller than the $ moves would imply as the local currency has been strengthening significantly, and did so as the gold price increased immediately after the release of the jobs report.
    Looking at the newest COT, I think we will stay out until after the next big price drop.
    I don't advise anybody to short anymore.
    I am advising my friend in China to stay long silver.
    I will be going to the States the end of the month, maybe early next month, and am thinking about putting some money in a long dormant trading account I have there so I can trade silver, which we can not do on the Thai exchange.
    Silver is much more interesting than gold now.
    From 2012 to early 2016, it didn't matter which one you traded, as they moved synchronously.