who is buying today and what?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Iluvnumbers, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Iluvnumbers

Iluvnumbers Member

Hi All, I would be keen to know who sees the current drop in pm"s as a great opportunity, and is acting on it today? Also what metals are you buying today? There was a good special on back in May and this special is even better! Imagine you were in woolies and one of your favourite foods had a significant and temporary drop in price, would you buy a few more boxes of them? Certainly most people would cos it would ultmately save them a few bucks. So not only will this dip save you a few bucks it will almost certainly make some bucks as well!
    Imagine if all 2400 odd ss members all purchased say just 100 oz of silver this weekend that would inject approx 8.5 mill into to the ag market of which most would be in Australia. I'm guessing it might make the news and begin a national physical buying frenzy from even the less educated! What would this do to the price of ag over the next week. SS own market manipulation!!! whoops sorry just thinkin out loud.

2. Cimexus

Cimexus Member

Good question and I'll be reading the responses with interest. As a new stacker that bought my first silver yesterday kinda half way down the crash, I've already lost quite a bit of money. But if I can buy some more closer to the bottom (which we may or may not be at now, over the weekend), the cost averaging will mean my average buy was in the low 30s overall which ain't too bad.

Problem is - many dealers seem to be retaining pretty hefty premiums on their prices over the weekend (no doubt unsure of what's going to happen and not wanting to make a loss on coins they bought in bulk when spot was $40).

As a newbie, I'm not sure where on earth to buy silver with the lowest premium/markup. I bought from Bullion Bourse yesterday with about a $6/oz premium. This is much cheaper than Perth Mint, but are there better places? Where do the pros on this site shop from (they trade from each other obviously - but when they shop online, where?). Not Ebay obviously (ridiculous costs on there usually). Being in Canberra there's not many local dealers so I'm mostly stuck with purchasing from websites.

3. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

Bought 4x five ounce dragons in silver. I don't buy silver like I buy bread or chocolate. It is nice to have hobbies, but the longer I am in silver, the mor I realize it's only a form of investment. I don't like the system we are in, but I don't think being ignorant solves problems either. I am happy to contribute to the well being of others by working, but I do not work, nor invest to get rich as a value inner wealth much more than material wealth. I bought dragons with a two week delay on them, because there was not a big difference in price to the.other products. Lots of popularity I dragons now..but whether it results in a bullion coin becoming akin to numismatic is yet to be proven. Just like the car I drive, the bullion I have isn't particularly interesting. It is only one way to attempt to buffer economic downturn.

4. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's only a good opportunity if there are members who want to sell bullion at spot plus a few percent. I just ordered 10 X 10 of Roos machined scb bars. That's about the best I've seen so far and even that is at spot + 11% + post from a dealer.

http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-211352.html#p211352

5. Iluvnumbers

Iluvnumbers Member

yeah BB is as good as any price wise it seems ( their current cheapest 1 0z , buffalos @36.44 each purchased in lots of 20) about 4.70 over spot. try other SS members and check out all the SS site sponsors etc .

6. Cimexus

Cimexus Member

Ok thanks mate - seems that that is just what normal premiums are (obvious to you, but as a new player just thought I'd check I wasn't missing out on some magical secret place where the people in the know shop, lol). That's fine as you get the premium back when/if you sell (not that I'll be doing that for a long time).

7. Iluvnumbers

Iluvnumbers Member

Cimexus, try getting yourself some 66 fifty cent pieces . 80 % silver, just over 1/3 oz, easy to get hold of, and at the moment I expect you shouldnt pay over $12. I bought some yesterday moning @ $13 and that was when spot was 2-3 bucks more than it is now.

8. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I found 7kg of 1c&2c pieces
    And its all mine im not sharing

9. Iluvnumbers

Iluvnumbers Member

Ok so I'll kick it off, just ordered 100oz! whos next? only about twenty three hundred and something of us to go .......... and the manipulation begins!! (please dont let me order the whole lot as I cant afford it)

10. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

I bought 11 oz. Yesterday contemplating another purchase tonight.

11. Willow

Willow New Member

Underpants, I am buying new underpants.

12. xenith69

xenith69 New Member

I bought 3x kg from Bullionmark unallocated with free storage (take delivery anytime)
    $1075 ea bar

13. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

I'm going to wait for a week or two more and then buy probably 1000 oz.
    Mixed denominations of 10 oz bars and maybe 200 coins.
    Perth Mint stuff.

14. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

yup 6x 1kg dragons from Bullionmark delivered for a great price.

15. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

silver undies ?? :lol:

16. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

I was buying yesterday on the way down. Don't really care if I didn't pick the bottom, beats buying on the way up (as I have done so much)

17. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

Bought a few 1kg pamp bars. First buying for me since July. I will probably make more purchases next week if the price stays down.

18. gocylvor

gocylvor New Member

19. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

Yep - I too purchased 100oz but a wee bit to early at around the $36.00 spot mark (Friday morning). Looking at the spot now I could have saved $500 :/ but I was pleased to buy at $36 seeing I said to myself if it drops to $38 I should buy... :rolleyes: therefore you must be happy with the purchase at the time of purchase or at least that what I'm saying to myself :p

20. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

1kg dragons $1100 a pop :D