Which state has stacked the most silver? The silver state is. ?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Theox, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Theox

Theox Active Member

Hi every one, just being new to the forum I have noticed that a lot (not many compared to some) of my purchase's are coming from the north, eg Qld. or N.S.W. Even with postage they are still very competitively priced. So my question is which state has the cheapest silver to stack and where does the majority of silver here in Victoria go? Or are all vic's me included are waiting for it to hit the moon before we sell?
    Also is there regional silver rounds/bars being minted specific to that state being sold? Eg PM mint for WA.

All the best.

2. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Qld wins this title by default..

The Cannington Silver mine ( about 200km) south east of Mt Isa produces the most silver in Australia. :)

Regards Errol 43

3. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've found that the best prices are offered by people in Perth. Sadly, shipping to NSW often eliminates the price benefit.

4. Theox

Theox Active Member

So if cannington mine produces the most silver in Au. Where is it then processed and minted? In Qld or is it shipped everywhere else then minted? I agree WA does produce some good silver deals but it's negated in postage costs to us vic's. So how do they produce it cheaper? Excess Silver availability or willing to accept less of a premium? Has Victoria got a silver producing mine? Or are we reliant on imports be it state or other countries?
    Lots of questions I know, but it's all new information to me.

5. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Maybe the latter was the cause of the former.
    I can buy silver in the US cheaper than here because those damn dealers insert the shipping cost in their prices.
    How do they dare! :(