Which company to look into for Lithium?

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by bloomst, May 12, 2016.

1. scrooged

scrooged New Member

Nice write up kramer, thanks for taking the time.

Do you have an opinion on CUL or BYR ?

I'm at square 1 with these two, although been sitting on them for a while.

2. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Again loving your work M8, I am intrigued by ADV, the latest Ann had a couple of nice hotspots 2km apart and they do have a lot of land, and some nice graphite deposits as well.

DKO, I bailed on before the drop, I still think they may come back as the Lynas find to the SW is still to be properly drilled and heads towards the monster at PLS next door and they also have the new pegmatite finds in the same area, Still though as you say it will never be a huge resource overall, but may in the future be a take over or toll agreement happen.

VMC I have looked at, nearology might see them climb but I don't really rate them at this stage compared to the neighbours. Mngt seem a bit wishy washy as well, Stannum next door (MCT) I think is along the same type as DKO, IE to small and the deposit is also running outside of VMC's area N to S.

BGS, Going to blow some sock's off I think, I have held for years so am a tad biased, got in at .005 pre consol, I think they will create a stir with the neighbours in Mali once results come in on the lithium. OKU being one of them , I'd like your thoughts on them Kramer they are neighbours at Bougouni and also the B word deposit as well.

PIO, Liking them more all the time. A well planned strategic portfolio, I think once the market gets a grasp of what they have 20c will be cheap.

PSC, Soooo Much to like here, and if it were anywhere else on earth I would already be in..... But I can't help feeling it is a tad like a gorgeous slut at a party giving me the eye who you just want to smash the back out of, But, you just know you will wake up with crabs, herpes or something worse though, even with protection. I am so tempted, and the deposit seems to be excellent grade and size and the price at the moment is crazy cheap and the possible rewards are huge. Management are local and seemingly know their way around but the Sov risk is massive in any language. I've been reading up all day and still have my doubts but , High Risk, High Rewards right ? I might be in with some play money this week.

Also looking at QUR, TMX, TKL. would like your thoughts.

Edited to Add: CXO as well, they have tenements in the N.T that have a similar mineralogy to that found at Greenbushes in WA, now one of the largest suppliers of chem grade Li in the world.
    I know the area well from my youth. The current lease covers the old Mt Finnis tin/tantalum mine and has a near identical mineral signature to that of greenbushes, along with historic lithium being recorded in the same area. The historic Li found was quite minimal but they were not looking for it at the time and it was only by chance that it was recorded at all. Also has big boy neighbours looking for the same.

3. kramer

kramer Member

scrooged, i'm in CUL - 500,000@ 0.004. just waiting on applications and it will run. Finland might be interesting. worth a punt for a couple grand. still a low market cap. we're all sitting on this one heh.

BYR is cheap and comparable to CDV. i will get onto the oppies for that one. large size resource. Hold tight mate.

few other punts i have WKT, MTH, CFE, ARM. ARM is interesting as it has a market cap worth half it's holding in 3 small caps + cash.

4. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

Found this on Hotcopper, about having battery that recharges at off peak rates to be used for home, car or to sell back (not sure of the $ gain there), mentioned in the above video. Can't see it working after a high uptake, utilities will just reduce the spread between peak and off peak rates. Batteries still beneficial if used for solar storage.
    http://www.dezeen.com/2016/05/12/vehicle-to-grid-v2g-trial-nissan-battery-system-for-the-home/
    Cheers to everyone posting recommendations. Even though I'm not trading and just keeping what I have, it helps to separate the wheat from the chaff and gives everyone something to research and watch for future purchases.

5. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

6. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

I was just having a laugh when i saw this comment...

I agree on the quantity of other base metals explorers adding to their tool kit.

But i think you're other comment regarding supply/demand fundamentals is well off the mark... somewhere between here in Pluto in fact. Just about every car manufacturer is now talking EV's (or will be shortly)... add on Bikes, Buses, Trucks, anything with a motor really... will become electric powered within 15-20 years. AND! Nothing at the present time can beat lithium on a cost curve basis, which is commercially available, for many years to come IMO.

Example! Just the tip of the ice-burg because we're on a precious metals forum;

Under Ground Mining, requires diesel driving equipment to undertake deep (often vein chasing) mining methods. Well change that diesel fleet over to a electric powered fleet and what do we get?

- Less heat generated from the mining fleet ~half the heat.
    - Minimal diesel = minimal toxic fumes (health benefits and save heaps of diesel/fleet maintenance)
    - Minimal heat/toxic fumes = huge reductions in the ventilation systems twisting and turning down the deep mine (cost benefits)
    - Reductions in ventilation systems = reductions in shaft area (waste ore) which were required to support the venting system (cost benefits)
    - Reductions in shaft area = reduced time in travelling the network to the ore-face and more ore-face time (cost benefits)

I could go on and detail most sectors but people need to DYOR to draw conclusions about how EV's are going to change this world and become the most disruptive technology since PC's or the Mobile were born. Lithium will play a huge role in this vision until such time as something can beat it on the cost curve, which is commercially available. Until that time... don't talk to me about a bubble :lol:

Cheers,
    BB

8. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There will be a broader market and economic downturn over the next few years that will impact most industrial metals including lithium. Get back to me after the downturn I'll have interest in lithium

9. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

I agree that there will be a world-wide downturn (deflationary wave) as the debt pile collapses in a sh*t heap... and people wonder WTF happened.

Will that stop people purchasing and driving automobiles, bikes, trucks, buses, boats, lawnmowers, forklifts, tractor's, trains... using power tools, playing with battery toys, wind power generation, using mobiles... what about at-home energy storage systems. All of which are cheaper to run AND maintain when compared to their current competitors... its a easy sales gig for a recession really;

- EV 1% of the moving parts (next to no maintenance/servicing costs)
    - 90% cheaper to run (forget about petrol price swings)
    - EV cost v Combustion cost (once this aligns... it will be the final straw)

A downturn will have an impact I agree ... but it will not change the current trajectory enough to seriously influence the future of EV's/Storage system.

After the downturn ill send you a pic of my electric Porsche :D

10. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Lithium mining/exploration stocks are a bubble in the making. They are a con.
    All the rationalisation about lithium itself is just a tool to inflate the price of stocks flying the lithium flag.
    None of you who into these stocks will hang around for production and a share of the profits coz you suspect it isnt going to happen.

11. Caput Lupinum

Well yes hence why it's called a downturn. Consumers, companies and governments will reduce spending which will mean there is less demand for lithium, iron ore, nickel, zinc and copper all of which go into making the items you mentioned.

I agree that lithium will play an increasingly important role in technology in the future. I've never denied this. What I don't agree on is the straight line lithium mining investors believe it will take to get there without taking into account the broader economic headwinds going into the future. Lithium as it stands today, not 5 years into the future but today is in a bubble hyped up by Telsa pumpers and the like. It'll crash before it advances

12. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

For a bubbles to emerge here you need lithium supply to outstrip lithium demand by a large factor... together with other underlying factors, then everyone comes back down to reality.

There is simply not enough supply of lithium for the immediate foreseeable future to meet the incredible demand increase.

If you can tell me about another mineral which is going to commercially available and cheaper on the cost-curve when compared to lithium for all those millions upon millions of EV batteries, I would like to hear about it? Do you really think combustion engine vehicles are going to continue to dominate the market whilst EV's are taking off? hardly... welcome to the future. The real underlying question is... what's after lithium. What will eventually come along and be cheaper/more efficient etc. on the cost-curve to complete? Then you have Lithium-Air batteries which are being tested in labs... still years away.

Are you saying PLS/GXY/NMT/AJM aren't going to start production? PFS all nearing completion... and puff... they all just throw them away... bin their off-take contracts'... like EV's was some kind of mirage?

Cheers,
    B

13. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

I agree on the belt tightening during a downturn/recession... totally agree. What I see being different is if I went to a young family and said 'hey! I have a new car here... it's about $30K (e.g. only)... it will cost you $10/week to operate (charging stations) and you wont need to service it. I think that is a compelling opportunity no matter what the economy is doing.

Every market moves up/down/up/down so I'm not concerned with some corrections along the way, this is a healthy free-market activity.

Cheers,
    B

14. finicky

quote=bellinvest

At this time, just a promulgated theory that will make a few people rich is what i will believe. The motive behind the 'investing' fad is obvious. The bubble is in the hype, the exaggeration, the excitement being generated.

I mean, that says it all - not in PFS (pre-feasibilty study), that would be laughable enough, but "PFS all nearing completion". I have been in junior companies for years, waiting through the torturous processes as they go through great drill campaigns, pre feasibility study, definitive feasibilty study, bank loans, share raisings, development, MINING, more cap raisings (due to some things they didn't foresee, like they havent squeezed every dollar possible out of the scam yet) and finally - after the last failed cap raise - administration.

Electric vehicles are being conflated with lithium, which in turn is being thrown in with gypping greasy little australian listed resource explorers.

15. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Finicky,

Thanks for your input.

Do you see any other future product trading on the ASX that has a bright future that I might throw some money at?

Cheers

16. finicky

Yes Boneyard - SILVER! lol
    Its staring us right in the face.

"There is simply not enough supply of Silver for the immediate foreseeable future to meet the incredible demand increase."

Soon silver'll put on $5 or so and you'll see prospects spring up everywhere. If you see a photo on a forum of some well fed looking MD holding a piece of silver mineralised rock, thats the buy signal. Look for for the expression of quiet triumph on his face. Nicely blended with the character lines of good will towards shareholders. He should look like an amiable, hands in the soil, uncle.

17. kramer

kramer Member

AZS for silver looks great to me. i'll be topping up on the capital raise, just gotta figure out what to let go of to do that.

18. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So the lack of supply of Silver will will drive the silver miners higher, but the lack of supply in Lithium for the foreseeable future is a bubble ?

19. Caput Lupinum

sarcasm on an internet forum is an art form

20. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

We need a sarcasm smiley ;)