Where in melbourne do I buy it?

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by SilverBullet8241, Jun 12, 2015.

1. SilverBullet8241

SilverBullet8241 New Member

Hi team, so I am pretty new to this all and have been buying mainly 2015 current year billion from goldstackers in melbourne. Mainly pandas, kooks, lunar goats...

Anyway out of that the panda is my favourite but goldstackers doesn't seem to stock any other Chinese stuff other than 1oz panda. Where in Melbourne do I go to purchase modern Chinese bullion and such, as cheap as possible current year? I have been researching and cant find.

2. Taz03

Taz03 Member

Hi SilverBullet8241,

If you are after Chinese bullion, I believe that Pandas would be your best option. I am not aware of any other Chinese bullion products currently on the market. Others might know more and would be able to give advise. As for sizes, I believe Perth bullion does stocks 5 Oz and 1 Kg 2015 Pandas, as well as various sizes of gold Pandas. Keep in mind that the Pandas is not considered cheap by many people, given their premium over spot.

Hope this helps.

3. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

Have you tried eBay? Can eBay ship to Australia? There are several reputable eBay sellers who deal exclusively in Modern Chinese Coins and Medals.

4. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Hello Silver Bullet, do you mean where can you buy chinese medals? It sounds like you have a love for pandas, but are looking for more than just 1 oz pandas? Maybe you've seen some of the pictures on these threads, and are wanting to know where to purchase these beautiful works of art? There are several dealers from China on eBay who ship to Australia; and I believe one who specializes in Chinese medals, lives in Australia (Naomi). But others who sell on eBay are: thincat, dragonzeng, Andylee, lucky, Laverndesh7, ggoodluck, and a few others. They all have stores on eBay. Lucky has his website: http://www.luckpawnshop.com and an eBay store. I'm not sure if this is what you meant, or if you're looking for other bullion coins outside of Panda bullion. I believe the Pandas are the only bullion coin, everything else is collectible (???). I'm sure others will chime in, but feel free to provide a little more color on what you are looking to purchase. Thanks much.

5. SilverBullet8241

SilverBullet8241 New Member

Thanks for those couple of replies. I really have been enjoying going to my local shop and buying it instantly with no shipping. Online and eBay yes everything is available. I do have actually a 1/20 gold 1989 panda from eBay.

I have been going to goldstackers mainly in Melb and they have only they 2015 current 1oz. Maybe one in the gold. No past years. Also saw online for a few years there was the unicorn ones and that the Chinese mints make a few things I think their own lunar. Happy purchasing the silver 2015s but can't compare price or product range any of the other numerous shops in melb?

6. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

Yes. You have more choices online than at your local coin shop. But research your options. Best wishes and goodluck!