Where can I buy silver shots?

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by t.shields, Nov 30, 2011.

1. t.shields

t.shields Member

I tried using the search function but could not find anything about silver shots. I was wondering if anyone here trades silver in this form. Will premiums be lower? Thanks.

2. Anthony

Anthony New Member

Shot comes up from time to time in the for sale forum here.

Prices have been roughly spot, whereas the cheapest bars usually have a small premium.

The other cheaper methods on here are 1966 round 50c's, Pre-decimal and jewellery/silverware (usually .925) which go for spot or less.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

CK did some shot sales here a few months back and I picked up an ounce. It's actually really nice stuff :)

4. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

5. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

I wouldn't buy silver shot for investment purposes - there's no way to prove to a buyer that every granule in a bag full of shot is 999 silver, about the best you can do is get it re-refined, assayed and cast into bars.

Neat stuff to have an ounce or two of though just to understand the stuff, and of course if you're looking to get the blowtorch out in the shed and play with a bit of silver.

6. t.shields

t.shields Member

Thanks for the replies. I'm trying to explore other forms of silver that's as close to spot as possible. Just not sure if stacking shots for trading is feasible considering availability and demand.