What's up with medal mintages?

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by Gatito Bandito, Dec 28, 2016.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

^ I don't necessarily see that as a negative especially if it's me that wants to buy one or more of the second batch! I wish the official mints would do that with a couple of silver medals I'd like to get.

2. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree with you if collectors always try to take coa mintage as true and filter the information from forum and media.

Many newbies and collectors fall into mintage trap rather than buying item they like. They receive positive and "dump and bump" information from some forums and media (i.e Facebook, twiter, utube, redit and so on) without doing their homework properly.

China coin and medals need to do a lot research and homework if you view it as investment. Many pure flippers after reading and viewing the forum and media start buying MCCM without doing much research. They intent to flip for profit in short term and never consider their financial ability. I did came across those customers over the years. However, there are more those customers recently. I share this with few regular customers and friends. I suppose to be happy rather than complaint and sad. However, as I wear seller and collector hat. As collector, it is sad to see those growth of immature collectors and pure flippers.

I hope new collectors with appreciation of the art instead of purely for flipping. Numics is not very liquid investment as compare to cash and gold.

3. perfulator

perfulator Member

Good advices, but I remember it was not that easy to be a newbie once, because of all the hyping etc. I suspect some of the dump and bump as seen in some forum actually are targeted against newbies as they don't know how to filter these things. Hopefully they have the means to learn the hard way, but I guess some just loose interest because of wrong focus and broken expectations. Which is a shame...

4. mmissinglink

Pump and dump is not only unethical but it has a deleterious effect overall on the market because it breaks trust and it shows lack of integrity of those players who do it and those players who remain silent while others do it.

5. andrewlee10

Someone view differently. Nothings to loss for them BUT short term gain is crucial for them. Money is always evil.

6. andrewlee10

[​IMG]

shanghai mint Lunar series : it from rabbit if not wrong.

7. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Very cool set, thanks for sharing!;)

Do you maybe have picture of the other side as well?:)

8. mmissinglink

"Money is always evil."

I 100% disagree.

Money is never evil because money is inanimate.

That someone can use money for their purpose of doing evil doesn't make money evil....it simply means that the behavior of that individual is evil.

Money can be used for a tremendous amount of good doing. Just think of all the good that is being done by people who help, rescue, or take in injured, unwanted, needy, or feral animals as just one of many examples of money being purposed for good.

9. andrewlee10

Totally agree with you. It is personal behaviour

10. andrewlee10

[​IMG]

I receive this screen shot from a friend. Comments please.

MINT ALWAYS MAKE MISTAKE LOL. :)