What's the future of silver look like to you?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Coins A-Z, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Little bit of resistance at this level. I expect a slight pullback then push to $18 around Feb too

Ronnie 666 likes this.
  2. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

You are correct that cryptos are a massive bubble and they could continue for another 2 years (unlikely though).
    The problem is that silver at $50 was also a massive bubble.
    Buy and hold and silver and gold will have their day again.
    Now that day will be when it keeps ups with inflation and holds some value over the years for us, or it will be WHEN it hits bubble territory again and the SMART ones sell.
    Bare in mind i say the SMART ones because there will still be those bulls that think "this time it is different" and hold when silver hits $50+.
    Think of the likes of Buffett, while i am sure he would love investments that go 2X or 10X in value he has become rich through 10-25% gains here and there.
    If you belive (like me) that silver will hit another bubble then you need to be investing BIG BIG dollars NOW so when it does bubble again you are getting that 50% or 100% return on 100k+ and not a 100% return on 5k.
    With all that said i am still hold the money i cashed out of silver late 2016 for when we hit $13 USD silver because a few dollars an oz adds up with what i have aside.

Coins A-Z likes this.
  3. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

I should just add to the above that i still collect silver now but i do more like what Oz does in searching garage sales for coins and spoon and jewelry and anything else precious metal related.
    I find ( just about said tonnes) 10s and 10s of kilos of silver a year this way because people do not seem to know its value.
    Gold on the other hand people seem to know it has some value but are still incredibly ignorant and let it go cheap compared to spot.
    An OMG moment is when people say they have say a gold chain i might like "BUT IT HAS A BROKEN CLASP" they would say so you might not want it, LOL.
    Unless they are clearly wanting for cash i will more often than not give them what they are asking ,and that is cent on the dollar.
    If they seem poor ill explain spot to them and cut them a better deal than others.

Coins A-Z and ozcopper like this.
  4. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

What's the future of silver look like to you?

Thanks for asking. It's my number one investment.

I've dabbled in it over the last 40 years, only this time I will not be shaken out of the most undervalued ASSET on the planet (as far as I know).

70 years old this way & I know I'm where I want to be investment wise.

Happy New Year Silver Stackers. I'm eagerly looking forward to the RESET of the Currency System this year. Thanks to the Russkies, Chinese, Indians, Turks, and a myriad of other nations who are bringing this to a head. _JOHNLGALT.

BrandNewStacker and Coins A-Z like this.
  5. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Looks like correction is over and higher prices ahead

6. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Another week or so maybe 10 days to rally before we turn down.

7. GrindeRyan

GrindeRyan Member

Cryptocurrencies are nothing more than digital FIAT without government backing. There are 1384 cryptocurrencies and there is nothing stopping the creation of a billion more. What is their intrinsic value?

Silver has rarity and intrinsic value - supply and demand. Over the very long term it should beat fiat currencies. PMs should be a hedge rather than the sole component in an investment portfolio.

As wise men have said, "do the opposite of everyone else" and based on that it is the time to buy Silver and not cryptocurrencies. What was everyone saying when Silver hit $50 and was bullish?

I do not trust financial markets and the associated services. They seem to be designed to suck money from the poor into the hands of the rich. Don't trust the media - DYOR. How much media have you seen about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies? Does it not seem overdone? What are the motives?

Buy a diversified mix of assets when they are cheap that have growing intrinsic value; and stay the course.

8. Coins A-Z

Coins A-Z Active Member

If the silver price is manipulated to the large extent that many stackers claim or believe it is, then why on earth would such stackers think that silver prices would ever go significantly higher....that would necessitate that the manipulation come to a (screeching) halt. But why would it...certainly the manipulators aren't going to somehow magically realize that they were wrong to manipulate?

JOHNLGALT likes this.
  9. JOHNLGALT

Short answer - A shortage of PHYSICAL (read REAL) metal. _JLG.

10. Coins A-Z

Coins A-Z Active Member

Inarguably, there have been shortages (not equal amounts of physical silver to paper silver ) ever since paper silver first began trading.

So physical shortage doesn’t seem to be the right answer in the land of manipulation-is-the-norm.

11. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

There is definitely a shortage........let me think now...a shortage of
    - interest
    - buyers
    - investment return
    On the positive side, there is plenty of the stuff around and more coming all the time.

wrcmad, Ipv6Ready and Coins A-Z like this.
  12. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

It reminds me of a movie about a baseball team whose performance was so poor that their supporters in the crowd could be counted on one hand. As time went by and their performance improved, the supporters multiplied exponentially. The moral of this story is when silver eventually rises, off load when the time is right because, like the supporters of this baseball team, the ‘new’ supporters of silver will disappear as quickly as they appeared.

Coins A-Z likes this.
  13. Coins A-Z

Coins A-Z Active Member

You, my friend, are just talking logic here....how dare you do that in a silver forum ! ;)

sammysilver likes this.
  14. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Why do precious metal followers believe in the notion that there is a shortage?

Shortage to me, where DEMAND is greater than SUPPLY.

A good example of shortage is..

infant milk formula, when there is none on the shelf’s... is a shortage.
    Perth Mint series 1 mice and pig 1kg coins is a shortage

What kind of shortage is in generic Silver or gold when every solar panel industry, circuitboard manufactures, dealers, pawn shops, goldmarks, prouds, other jewellers are choke full of gold and silver on display?

Though I do have google alerts on Silver/Gold mines shutting down or new ones opening as a forward indicator of supply. Don’t believe me, just look at what glencore shutting down zinc mines in Australia did for prices, it doubled in two years, and glencore still not reopening those mines. Becuase if they do prices will tumble again.

In a hundred life times we are not running out of Silver or Gold,

Coins A-Z and leo25 like this.
  15. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

one can easily convert Cryptos into metals anytime now, so it is clear there is no shortage of precious metals yet

the price is suppressed the way is oil does, currencies are manipulated

the only way for metals to lose its significance is to kill off the majority of the world population, so that the demand and supply equation is brought back in check
    it has been tried before and yet failed miserably
    world wars have not been very effective in population reductions, so many other ways are being experimented on the general population

silver is just a metal for no longer commerce for now, it can be in high demand again in the foreseeable future
    people do turn their houses into many other things, eg houses into tulip, houses into cryptos etc

Coins A-Z likes this.
  16. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Because without the notion of a physical shortage, the manipulation theory becomes a logical fallacy.
    No need to suppress prices if supply is fine and demand waning. ;)

Coins A-Z and leo25 like this.
  17. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

when price were dropped to $8.50 just to knock out the option out of money, the SLV was born at physical price
    so there was no supply at that prices, it was not due to shortage, they have the 129 million ounces

when silver price reached $48.5 they the SLV partners use the stocks to make their delivery

what was once the strategic stockpile, now is a commercial stock pile...the suppression will continue again with a different game
    manipulation is anonymous with concentration

top 0.01% worth = bottom 90%

18. Coins A-Z

Coins A-Z Active Member

Sounds about right.

19. JOHNLGALT

Lookin' bloody good today.

Coins A-Z likes this.
  20. JOHNLGALT

One of these days baby, you're going to the moon .......
    tumblr_mjlhjrw8Sd1qi6ieeo1_500.gif

Coins A-Z likes this.