What's the future of silver look like to you?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Coins A-Z, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Number 47

Number 47 Well-Known Member

Your right JG ....

Silver at 86 to 1 and $21.40 AU is a absolute bargain.

If the RBA drops it's interest rate then were another step closer to mooning ... they're loosing control of the fiat at an ever increasing rate.

2. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

There are U.S.$195 out there for every oz. of silver, so, there are going to be 194 people out there missing out on their silver when the PANIC starts.
    Don't forget that is just U.S.$, there are a lot of other currencies held by be people that will be panicking WTSHTFan.
    PAPER TO SILVER RATIO.JPG

3. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I appreciate every day that PMs stay cheap. I hope nothing crazy happens any time soon because we all know it will eventually and I havent acquired a taste for squirrel stew yet. Let's not get in a hurry for this! Every day with these prices is a pure blessing from the PM gods and I want the blessings to keep coming.
    I like things the way they are and I want to stack more hehe. No hurry here and I hope they keep pumping these bubbles for years more.
    Our keynsian clueless mindless pollies are doing their best. If you dont believe me just ask them.
    It can take time for these things to come crashing down but dont worry.
    The day everyone is panicking and running to buy some metals, we can walk to our local shop and sell some with a smile and a skip in your step.
    I feel pretty prepared as of now but I always think of things I could use. Different tools for camp, good foods to store etc.
    I've already stacked my armory full and good to go there. Still need lots of other things before I'd feel totally secure for these Colorado Rockies.

Silver260 and JOHNLGALT like this.
  4. JOHNLGALT

Here are a few handy Survival websites.
    Corporals Corner https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX1ztT76CZfs29aGK9Nn7_A
    The Gray Bearded Green Beret https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSF08irENp73EwqJ42rCsIQ

Roots and Refuge Farm https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTZN3HhejW1tOiRdLGUCGGA
    Don't forget to carry some silver with you.

5. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Pity you didn't buy Gold before ,eh?

6. JohnnyBravo300

I'm in a good spot I feel but more would be better.
    I have a question I'd like to ask.
    I had bought some land and it's most of my budget right now so my PM buying has slowed drastically.
    I wanted to save a little on interest and I dont like the debt but had to take a small loan for part of it. Paying this off was going to be my first priority and I had funneled all my funds towards that to get it paid off in 3 years but dang, PMs are so cheap I cant hardly resist. I'm paying 13 payments a month so its mostly all principle.
    I was thinking of cutting my payments by half and using the other half to keep purchasing while prices are down, not exactly sure what to do?
    I was hoping to pay off this land in 3 years to save interest and bury the debt but might be wiser right now to keep buying silver with some of those funds.
    What would be the wiser choice? If PM prices stay low for the next three years then I can get this paid off and start buying again like I never stopped.
    If they happen to jump within the next 3 years I might be kicking myself for not buying more cheap silver while I could.
    My brain is telling me to GET THE DEBT PAID FIRST!
    My gut is telling me to BUY SILVER NOW!
    Thinking about silver at $14 in three years seems almost impossible to me but we make history everyday now hehe.

Anyone got expert advice or experience with this? It's something I've been thinking about daily and it keeps nagging at me. Figured I'd ask here since I dont know anyone else into this stuff. I dont have debt other than the land, I just didnt want to pay more than 3 years or so.
    It feels great paying the land off fast but I keep thinking how much cheap silver I could get for some of that $$. I didnt get to buy any silver last month at all.

7. Ian Gillman

Ian Gillman Active Member

Do the option where you buy silver and pay off the land at the same time. Diversify your holdings, you need silver and land, not one or the other but one and the other. I am paying off debt and buying silver at the same time. I have ended up slowly building a nice stack and paying down the debt. At some point I will have paid it all off and then I can increase my silver holdings. There is no point waiting until you are out of debt only to find that the price of silver has jumped and you actually end up with less to show for your money because you waited.

The key is if you think the price of silver will increase enough to offset the extra money you will pay on the land debt interest then you need to buy silver as well as paying down the debt.

sammysilver likes this.
  8. JohnnyBravo300

Yes I agree with that and my thoughts exactly. That's the word I needed. Diversify.
    This seems like the worst time to slow my stacking this much and it doesnt feel right at all.

9. JohnnyBravo300

I dont know for sure that the silver price would offset it but if the manipulations continued as they have been, they keep the bubbles pumped, the dollar remains "strong" and silver doesnt rise, I could live with that. Part of me almost expects that to happen haha.
    If it jumped and I hadn't been buying I'd be regretful. That's where I'd be kicking myself.

10. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

If you pay off your loan you'll sleep better.

11. JohnnyBravo300

It's a very small loan payment so no worries there. I could collect aluminum cans to pay it if I had to, or sell one cord of wood per month.
    These low silver prices are keeping me up at night though! I've decided to redirect some of the $$ for now while silver is still cheap and keep stacking away and still make bulk payments as I can, at least until something happens.
    There will come a time to pause the buying but its not right now.
    I dont like having any debt over my head but that's just me and it's not much. Just need to tweak my strategy some and listen to that little voice inside.
    Thanks for the input. I dont really have anyone to talk to about this stuff and most of my family thinks I'm crazy for buying stupid outdated ancient metals. I start talking about it with them and their eyes glaze over instantly and they say ,"what if gold goes to zero too?....".
    Hard to have conversations with people that understand nothing.

12. Ad1

Ad1 Active Member

May I ask what is this land for? Do you intend to generate income of it now/near future? If so, any debt interest you pay can be offset from your main income. Traditional wisdom would say pay off all your non tax deductible debt first before anything else. Mathematically it makes sense to keep some of the investment debt, but sleep well factor is something totally different.

As a stacker, i like to do both. My personal strategy is do not have any consumer debt, leave investment debt as is and buy metals while the prices are low. Perhaps think about a % based allocation of your surplus income, 60-40 debt to metals or any ratio your are happy with.

13. JohnnyBravo300

It's just land I live on. Not income producing just personal use.

14. JOHNLGALT

I'll put your video here @Oddjob because when the JOTD crowd start posting their $#!T on the General Precious Metals forum people won't get to see it CHEERS.

Silver260 likes this.
  15. JOHNLGALT

The future of silver is looking exceedingly bright with a 90 to 1 Ratio on the diminishing resource.
    Hold tight silver stackers & you will be rewarded many fold. _JOHNLGALT. (*pumping silver).
    *not investment advice, just common sense from _JOHNLGALT, who will be 72 Y/OLD tomorrow.
    DIMINISHING RESOURCE.JPG

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  16. JOHNLGALT

Aannnd, here, "Imagine the rush to get into Silver, which has approximately the same above-ground Ounces as Gold when/not if the Paper Ponzi Scheme collapses."
    SILVER TIP PONZI PYRAMID EXTER.JPG

sgbuyer likes this.
  17. Number 47

Number 47 Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Johnlgalt

Your posts are always a bright reminder of what's in store for those of us with the patients and foresight to wait.

All the best for your birthday.
    10-kilo-bars-400x400.png

JOHNLGALT likes this.
  18. maverick

maverick Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Happy Birthday Johnlgalt

JOHNLGALT likes this.
  19. JOHNLGALT

Thank you one & all for your wishes.

20. JohnnyBravo300

Happy b'day man! Mine is Sunday on the 9th. Keep stackin!

JOHNLGALT likes this.