Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by thatguy, Apr 13, 2013.
Tuesday is going to suck :|
Miners being slaughtered again today... more like falling spinning red hot samurai sword
If your in it for the long term, just ignore it to be honest...........well thats what I'm telling myself lol
Just wish I had more spare $$$, but will wait till late this week to see if a buy more PM's or stocks.
I dont think the bottom has been reached yet.
Im buying today
Same action as Sanchez I have backed up the truck on CCU as I have a belief that what we are seeing now is SUPER VALUE. I also reckon there will be super-duper strong support for silver at $21.00~$21.50.
In the longer term what I see is 20% downside, and at least 50% upside.
I have one more order in for Regis (new company for me)
But purchased today
and CAS (but that was an accident)
Mind you the buys and sells were really redistribution of funds,
Taking a stock I was over weighted, and puting it in a stock I was underweighted.
Now everything is more even and I think in the long run - better distributed.
I had 30% of my money in 2 companies - so i used that oppertunity to make sure I was not more than 10% in any one company.
Unfortunatly it was too late to sell some of my bad little measily ones which are under 2% of my portfolio - but oh well - everyone has to write of stuff from time to time.
I can't believe I loaded on CCU again in less than a week. Bid was 4 the 52 week low of .225 and now I am loaded again. If this one goes down past 0.15 I'll be spewin.
Still waiting for the trend to turn, thinking Friday.......a lot of fund managers are cutting there losses still, so still a lot of volume out there still to be dumped.
I have my finger hovering over the button still.
They just keep going down.. I feel like they have gone down too much for me to even bother cutting my losses. ill just keep holding on i guess.
Some poeple use oppertunities like these, to do one of two things
1. If you own a weak stock which is down 50% and your also own a stronger stock which is also dwn 50% - you can transfer the money over into the stronger stock. For example I sold CVG at a loss of 60% and bought AZH which is being taken over by TRY. (just an example)
2. Have a Mentos
Increase volume on many of the stocks today. Not a great sign.
Yep, still waiting, trying to get more bang for my buck on this downward trend, so will so what the volumes are like tomorrow, still haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Looking at doubling up on the stocks that have good cash flow and can withstand or downsize their operations if the need arises while the POG is this price.
Still a lot of shaky hands out there itching to dump.......fear for retirees and SMSF holders are out there especially for PM stocks that may not pay their usual dividends, so there goes there income and will look for other income worthy stocks.
Think I'll try to wait till next week If I can lol...
I only own one mining stock so I guess I'll suck on a mint.
Option 3: If you have spare cash that you want to put into mining stocks, buy more on the dip and lower your average cost price.
Or buy another stock - look at the charts find out what their basline price was over the last 2 years - see how much they are down from that and aproximate.
For example Regis has pulled back about 50% from its highs but its just aproaching its basline ($3) cos its been rising
Lots of way you can play this just dont get stuck thinking you have less options than you do
Ok took out a parcel on KCN, NST & SLR....gave in
kcn has big silver holdings - has multi mines internationally n good div yeild w reinvestment plan
slr has gold and copper - multimines only in aus
nst has gold - single aus mine
all have exploration upside
good buys imho
Separate names with a comma.