What will happen to Australia, if Chinese economy is facing difficulty

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by ziling2000, Jul 16, 2012.

1. ziling2000

ziling2000 New Member

Just finish reading this article, wonder if anyone has any ideas how much Australian market will be impacted, if Chinese Economy going downhills?:|

2. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Less exports of Australian Iron, Coal ... etc.

3. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

farming FTW

4. ziling2000

ziling2000 New Member

Mmm.. I thought Australia were not so much affected by GFC back in 2009 due to the fact, China's demand for raw materials.

So when the demand is not high now, does that mean Australia is in fact going to GFC eventually? Although it took a bit longer than other countries?

What should us do to make sure our assets(if any) are protected against the economy downturn?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Australia rode the back of the commodities trades with growing nations and blew it's entire 20billion+ surplus on promoting consumerist ideology.

Unfortunately, most of the capital was completely misallocated.

Pretty much. Australia's only response to the international downturn was a quick pumping of the interest rates to give us a buffer. That buffer is becoming effectively useless the further down they go now.

This situation was never going to be fixed. You can't fix it and that's the shabby secret they don't want you to know.

Stay out of debt, keep a small cash holding for the inevitable 'bank holidays', put your wealth into safety assets like land and PMs. Something that will appreciate with the future inflation that's bound to hit this country.

This country was never different in the reality of economics and markets. We simply were in a position to better weather the storm and slow down the process.

But if the current economic climate shows you anything, it's that regardless of our 'strong position' nationally, our retail sector is still in decline as more of our wealth is being extracted through taxation and debt servicing to prop up bubble markets and industries.

Those high house prices we collectively cheered for benefit only a very small minority and ultimately will be a brick around the neck of the wider economy.

I really don't give a damn about trying to educate people on crap they were too lazy (or ignorant) to listen to when it mattered. They'll get what they deserve regardless of what's said.

I'm just waiting for the idiots to come cap in hand to the tax payer for a bail out and finding the cupboard is already bare.

Then you'll see the panic...

6. ziling2000

ziling2000 New Member

Wow, that is very good insight into the whole situation auspm. Thank you very much for that. I can't agree with you more.

7. sprite

sprite New Member

If you really think that an official figure released by the Chinese is the true figure, then you don't understand the Chinese.

All they care about is employment, as this is the only tool which they can use to control the masses.

Up until now that has meant importing vast amounts of coal and iron ore to build things and give jobs to the people.

That has changed due to China's loss of faith in the fractional reserve banking system. China's focus has shifted to domestic consumption and the establishment of a partially gold backed currency with other nations, particularly middle eastern. Hence the massive purchasing of gold and the shedding of US bonds over the last 18 months.

So that figure of 8% is just taraf.

For the Australian economy its Knight to Queen 4, checkmate.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Our economy will suffer, that's a shoe in. China's growth has been all artificial, many Chinese companies are running at a loss... The government is more concerned with keeping people employed than creating sustainable growth.

9. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

With the 3 greatest Treasurers the world has ever seen over the last 20 years, we are in a great position to get our gold back...Keating, Costello and Swan...Australia's answer to Clinton, Bush and Obama..

Surely Tony Abbot will be able to find another great Treasurer amongst his talented team.

Australia use to ride on the sheeps back, now it rides on the pandas..It is all black and white to me. :)
    It will all be over soon!

Regards Errol

10. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Aud 50/60 cents gold up

11. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Funny, I looked at the POG when I arose and saw the drop and immediately went to the currency tables.
    My fundamentals unchanged.

12. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Citation needed.

13. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

14. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Can't view the video at work but any website which pulls a redirect when I try to close it and gives me a massive alert box is hardly reputable in my books.

15. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Not my recommendation... just seen it and it refers to china support it's industries at a loss ALA GSEs

portphillippublishing are
    Take em or leave em as I said "Not my recommendation"

16. ziling2000

ziling2000 New Member

same here, got really worried after the widow pops out, while I am suppose to be busy doing my daytime work..:/

17. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously China has no relevance on our impending economic landslide at this stage,talk to small business owners, builders,tradesmen,retailer's etc etc.we are totally f*ckd for the next couple of years and i'm an optimist!

REDBACK

18. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Every country props up it's "BIG" businesses... look recently at the Australian Government and ford! USA and GM! Giving tax breaks, bailouts, subsidies, GSEs and GFEs etc... Merger of state and big business is fascism is it not?? What is worse is when the companies are multinationals... talk about rewarding poor performance

19. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^^^^^
    Friggin A

20. Guest

Guest Guest

I'd love to help ya fish.. I remember Gregory Mannarino saying this a couple of weeks ago that's all.