What To Expect During The Next Stage Of Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by markcoinoz, Aug 30, 2013.

1. markcoinoz

markcoinoz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

An interesting prognosis in particular the US.

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/08.13/expect.html

So far we have "The Willing" that are no where near as willing as last time to believe the rhetoric
    of WMD and Chemical weapons. For this to play out, I would not be surprised to see a major event
    in the not too distant future to cause the "Unwilling" to become very willing.

Hope I am wrong.

2. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm with you, however, I would (and have) taken a lot of this information on board in some degree.

I'm more of a lone wolf and can't see myself joining with others.

Your views on this?

3. markcoinoz

markcoinoz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Being a Lone Wolf depends on your circumstances and responsibilities to others.
    I don't see it as a bad thing.

My circumstances may be somewhat different.
    I don't have a mortgage and am virtually debt free.
    Only one close friend who shares similar views and similar circumstances.
    My friend and his family only live round the corner from me. The majority of other
    friends and family are too busy in their daily lives to understand or have any concerns.
    Never discuss it with my wife as it would freak her out and dash a lot of her dreams.
    Decided to grow a veggie garden. My wife didn't know I was interested in organic gardening.
    Well she does now. :) Setting up an aquaponics system as well plus a water tank.

Living where we do, I hope we don't ever have to make a quick exit from our home.
    However, I have a few options if that were the case. My main strategy is based around my community involvement
    as I see that as very important in case of barter - knowing where I can get things locally - having some supplies, but not
    an overkill and simplifying my life as much as possible.

End of the day, I have no intentions of being a Rambo, but rather blend in with the circumstances and make adjustments accordingly.

4. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

There's so much stuff like this written by blogger / bunker diggers every week that I dismiss these doomsday scenarios.
    If only because, the track record of these people for predicting anything in the past few years has been awful.
    There's this fool notion in the heads of people that changing the monetary system leads to a temporary societal collapse - the money system has changed like, 3 times over the past 100 years.

5. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

It may well have changed 3 times over the past 100 years but can it keep changing, that is the ? :)

Regards Errol 43

6. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

Of course it can.
    Changing the money system is like changing political parties - the form changes, but the underlying principle does not.

7. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Largely agree. Many changes have definitely not been painless though. Generally not like getting a sore tooth pulled.