What thar? Jobs continue to be added to economy 10,300 new jobs

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Ouch, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

Unemployment rate at 5.7%

2. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Approx 10K jobs added. But we need about 30K per month just to keep up with the growth in population.

Expect further rate cuts, a falling dollar, and a softening housing market.

3. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hooray! part time bartending and waitressing jobs for all

4. Byron

Byron Guest

As a person who studied (post grad) at uni thinking i was getting a leg up for the future, i am badly disappointed. As a result of underemployment i have to work 2nd/3rd jobs Weeknights, Saturday and Sunday. We still live under our means and are frugal but this is how bad things are out there. Similar story with many of my Gen X friends and peers.

The 5.7% govt unemployment rate is a f***** joke.

Another member posted Ray Morgan reserach figures which showed 9.5% unemployment and an additional 9.7% underemployed. These are much closer to the truth.

Kevin Rudd and the ALP can get f****d.

5. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

I recently lost my new job as a courier...Only lasted two months.They were way too hard on their drivers and the running costs were $300 per week before paying taxes......Anyways, thers bugger all jobs on the internet advertised and I read the other day that internet adds are down 30% from last year and Centrelink recipients are up 20%......I'm on Centrelink at the moment ....it pays only $450 a fortnight!

6. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Lucky you didn't get that loan to "go all in" you were talking about a couple of months ago

7. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Your bloody right there mate...... I cant even sell the ute I bought for the job to recoup my costs.....That's 10k....Then I have a motorbike for sale that's 7k......Oh dear!

And because of all the volatility lately I have realised that borrowing money to buy pms is very risky business..... So my new plan is to get a job again and buy un allocated every couple of weeks or when possible. That way I don't have to store it and I can get the phyz whenever I REALLY need it!