What single reason for imaginary or real that "forces" want gold low?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Ipv6Ready, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Trying to figure out what the economic reason/rational could be (if there is one) for the imaginary cartel to want to keep gold prices low.
    Just gold, as silver is just a metal.

What self respecting cartel want to keep prices low?

Also if gold was $15,000 an ounce, the gold reserve would pay off 25% of the American debt, at $60,000 USA would be debt free.

2. betterlatethannever

betterlatethannever New Member

There is not enough Gold in the world and you can print as much paper as you want allowing you to "horde wealth" and wealth is power.

The "forces" that keep Gold low would not surprise you,it would be names and institutions that you would be aware of in my humble opinion like the US Federal Reserve,EU Banking Union,Rothschild's,etc.

But saying that maybe I don't know a thing :lol:

3. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Being an imaginary cartel means you can make up any reason you like.
    Perhaps that could be a thread all on its own. Who can come up with the most original reason why a phantom cartel would want to keep gold low.

4. Ipv6Ready

Don't kid :) yourself there is plenty of gold in the world. It is just the value of gold that dictates if is scarce. If gold was $1million an ounce it would surpass pay off all debt and surpass global wealth by 100s.

US Federal Reserve, EU Banking Union, would all want high gold prices. No logical reason why they want to keep it low.

Rothchilds, though is irrelevant it's like saying naploeon wants gold prices low, they are from bygone era.

5. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

You want confidence in paper money to be high because you can print
    And manipulate it at will.
    Gold is an alternative, and you can't print it or manipulate it at will.
    So you try and make it unattractive.

You would hear the bankers and governments scream if a gold backed currency was brought back, like
    It was in the previous couple of millennia.
    Why?
    Because it can't just be printed at will , and manipulated.

But currency SHOULD have real value and the gold standard should be reinstated .

6. billybob888

billybob888 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They can pay off their debts much easier than selling their gold. The fed can just type a few extras zeros in the computer and then magic, the national debt is paid off

7. Ipv6Ready

What's the difference is that to manipulating gold. Writing backed by gold and valuing gold at $1 million an ounce is easy as printing money.

Plus don't think 99% would care.

8. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

Well from what i have been reading lately about Trump putting pressure on companies to stay in the states (as i have previously suggested) or face massive tarrifs i would say the rebirth of American Industry is going to be a prime mover in keeping gold LOW.
    Now i know it really makes no sense that a little country with a population of 360million (ish) has such a big influence on a world commodity like gold, but as we all must know by now it DOES.
    Stronger industry in America will equal lower price on gold as a "safe haven" due to implied strength in USD.
    I can see my prognostication of $1040 gold and $14 silver by March easily coming into view.
    Now usually id have said with the uptick in industry in the USA that silver would have a strong bounce as it is brought back into manufacturing BUT i have a feeling that Trump will no be a green President and instead my money may be better off in the mean time in mining stock of the coal variety.
    10 years ago we would be paying around $140(ish) a tonne for coal and as it has been out of favour we only pay $40 (ish) now.
    If gold and silver fall to my suggested levels and below you should be able to see it coming if you start tracking coal and see prices rising.
    Just a thought:)

9. betterlatethannever

You might be right regarding some matters but you are still a bit of a dill :/ if Gold was 1m per ounce we wouldn't be having this conversation :D

Apparently - All Of The GOLD Ever Mined - is a cubic 20m sitting comfortably on a tennis court - ALL THE GOLD EVER MINED - that doesn't sound like a lot to me ;)

Ha but you know better :rolleyes:

The Rothschild's have been around since the 1760's having passed through 2 World Wars and having still amassed at least 350b with some saying over 1t :p but of course they have absolutely no interest in the price of Gold being High or Low,bearing in mind that - quote - there is Plenty Of Gold (just laying around) :/

To accumulate such mind blowing wealth over such a long period of time says to me that you even control the distribution of the toilet paper :lol:

But getting back to the original question - who or what :)

10. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HBXtpbsQgU[/youtube]

Maybe this one ...

11. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Honest question:

Why would THEY choose him to carry the message stick?

12. systematic

It may be the wrong question since nothing seemed to have come of it since then ...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INf--TVBFKs[/youtube]

although 135 billion worth of (supposedly fake) Federal Reserve Treaty of Versailles bonds carried by diplomats were intercepted at the Italian Swiss border ...

13. systematic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlvIVLodKEU[/youtube]

Or maybe it was 6 trillion worth of bonds ... anyway it was a lot ....

14. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

15. systematic

Aliens love gold ....

16. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+1 for the suppression of gold as a means of international trade.

The US$ is one of the currencies used for international trade which is great if you are one of the countries that is able to print the US$.

If the goal is control then having money means you can buy a lot of control. If you need more control you need more money. It is easier to print more money than dig up more gold.

So anything that makes gold look like a risky or poor investment is going to make the US$ look like a safe haven.

17. systematic

It is easier for an advanced intelligence to colonise a planet with life forms to mine and stockpile gold for harvest so that it is arranged nice and neat with little human interference and desire to hoard it ...

18. Ipv6Ready

20m2 of gold is a lot for what it does, basically used for jewellery and bullion.

What does Rothschild have to do with economic reason? In any case they would want gold to go high, they didn't amass a fortune because they suppressed prices.

Back to the original question, what economic reasoning is there for people to think gold prices are manipulated?
    (this isnt directed at you BLTN unless you want to add something more than conspiracies)

19. betterlatethannever

As I said when you control the toilet paper :lol: you control everything ;)

The Rothschild's would be like George Soros but much more influential being much much richer.

To just show how much power the Rothschild's have they even keep themselves out of the pages of Forbes rich list continuing to live in the shadows.

How can that be when you are acknowledged as clearly the wealthiest peoples on the earth,but not pressure though :/ they have been working in the background for centuries.

Economic Reasoning - that would be made out of thousands of miniscule fibres with only one goal = PROFIT and MORE PROFIT!

Yes we might not know who but we know why because the end game is the same - to screw us into submission using poverty if need be :)

20. Ipv6Ready

Lets leave who out of it, because that is just a conspiracy, with no real basis in economic reasoning.

If your reasoning is that gold price can suppress us into submission, how does lower gold price do that, does high gold price make the world stop?

Say this fictional character or group hired N.W. Ayer and they did a great job gold lost 90% of value.

What benefit would this fictional group get?