What important news is being overshadowed by Corona Virus?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by willrocks, Mar 13, 2020.

1. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

Epstien

willrocks and 66rounds like this.
  2. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

The wall, the deleted 30000 emails, draining the swamp, deleting obamacare, putting our taxes on a postcard, raising interest rates, theres tons of hush hush now.

willrocks likes this.
  4. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

Adversity does tend to unite people i agree .
    I have seen that happen during fires and floods and earthquakes and many other sorts of national or local disasters.
    I have not yet had the opportunity to see people unite to help each other when the person they may help could infect them with a virus.
    I hope you are right and people do unite , but i also fear that FEAR may prevent that.
    Even in NZ i witnessed a person at the checkout of the supermarket launch a verbally offensive rant at a person in line because they coughed.
    Talking to the checkout person she told me she coughed the other day and the customer literally jumped back and left without following through with the purchase she was sorting.
    From the LITTLE i have seen so far this is not like any other potential disasters i have seen,but i have not really been out and about to observe that much so i may have just been unlucky in my experience and seen a little bit of negative without having seen the positive.

5. openeyes

openeyes Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That part about the person at the counter jumping back and leaving after the shop assistant coughed made me laugh.
    This is early days. People go through a range of emotions. On the forum you can see that in people response. Early on as in now people are fearful and angry. People haven’t come to accept the reality of this yet. Sport is getting cancelled (eg life could end soon), shops have empty shelves and our lives are being superficially affected. We are not seeing our relatives die in our hands (yet) so we have the luxury to be dramatic.
    This will change in the coming weeks and months. Not everyone will be united but some will. Hopefully in general we cooperate as we can to ease the burden of this event.
    People will already be talking to their neighbours to see if the are ok and if the need any help. Be kind and generous when you can.

Pendragon likes this.
  6. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I mentioned it in another thread but the starting point is that 50% of the population is below normal. people do what people do, not what others think is the sensible thing to do.

But in keeping with the spirit of the thread, Prince Andrew will be the new Governor General of Australia, Harry will get Canada. Charles thinks it time for Phil the Greek to take Betty Windsor for a Sunday drive. Pauline will have Barnaby's next love child.

7. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Pardoning of Trump's cronies like Flynn, Cohen and Giuliani

sammysilver likes this.
  8. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

https://www.wired.com/story/earn-it-act-sneak-attack-on-encryption/

9. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think there is a complacency in the security of the banking system. The banks don’t have to do bail in. They just have to limit withdrawals like what they do in India and lebanon. Limit withdrawal and online transfers to $1000 a day. $1000 a day is more than sufficient for living expenses. They can make exception for paying of bank, insurance, utility and government bills. 98% of people won’t complain. This news is being overshadowed.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    willrocks likes this.
  10. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have tinea, both feet.