What if U.S does'nt raise debt ceiling?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheEnd, Oct 5, 2013.

1. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

I actually heard them say on the radio the other day that if the U.S don't solve the government shutdown problem and the debt ceiling problems there will be a GFC 2 far worse than GFC 1..... Its funny to finally hear MSM talking about this stuff but at least its finally out there.....

I am VERY concerned about these problems in the U.S and even though most of us believe Obama will get his way and raise the debt ceiling again I still worry and fear that it might not happen...... I mean this really will be a GFC 2 Armageddon scenario and a lot of people will lose their jobs and homes and families etc etc...... This is serious bloody stuff and not everyone even knows about it..... Its very upsetting for me..

This may very well be the time when the Stackers/Preppers shine through and prove just how wrong the system has been for so long..... I just wish I had some metals and food stacked like everyone else does!

2. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is this the source of your consternation? Not that hard to stack food. Look for absolute prepper basics- noodles, water, gas, matches etc. all very cheap and would tie you over for a while if things ever get that bad.

PM's won't be all that useful at the start anyway... Imagine trying to swap some lumps of metal for life preserving food, shelter etc. With one of the 99.999% of the population that doesn't have a clue about PM's... In the middle of GFC: Redux. Where shit is hitting all kinds of fans.

Stop worrying, there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Put all that energy into figuring out how you're going to make the best of whatever scenario you expect to play out :)

3. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Stop worrying........That's easier said than done...... The entire world is on the edge of a MAJOR financial depression that could last decades man.......How am I supposed to not worry?

4. col0016

col0016 Active Member

If you think about it, since 1913 the U.S literally couldn't pay off all it's debt if it wanted to...

5. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Ye you are too right there col...... Even though i know Obama will just raise the debt ceiling I still know that its all going to go bad one day eventually...

6. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think it is best to worry. Your stomach gets so tight that you're never hungry. You'll last a few weeks longer.

7. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

IMNHO,

If you do not have sufficient G & S now, I can only suggest you buy food.

RICE, ROLLED OATS, PASTA, CANNED MEATS, CANNED VEGS, and all the things that go with those things.

DO NOT forget the TP - LOTS!

JMO

OC

8. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

What is the productive output of worry? THAT is how you stop worrying, and start doing.

Instead of (figuratively speaking) running around mindlessly screaming that the sky is falling / we are all doomed / this is the end of the world as we know it, grab a sheet of paper or twenty, a pencil, and start figuring:

- What are your goals in terms of events you see unfolding? This might be 2 weeks of food on hand and as much gold/silver as possible - os a similar list. Write these down.
    - What expenses can you cut today without getting too drastic (that is to say, you won't want to eat plain 2 minute noodles 7 days a week)? As a result, figure how much spare cash you have now, next week, next month. Make a budget and stick to it religiously!
    - What assets do you have now that will be useful in a drastic situation should one arrive? I'm talking of things like food in the pantry etc.
    - What do you not have that you will need and would use anyway whether a drastic situation unfolds or not? These are your high priority purchases made from cash saved from point 1.
    - Keep working on priority lists, plan, and work toward your end goals.

You'll find this sort of thing, with modifications to the process to suit yourself, is a far better use of your time and energy over and above simply worrying about it... worry won't change the global outcome, it'll only make the outcome worse for you if by worrying, you don't take the sorts of steps outlined above.

9. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Luckily we only have 9 days to wait and see what happens.......I couldn't stand waiting any longer.

10. Argentum

Argentum Well-Known Member

Lol you're getting the same feelings as at election time theend

11. 4rcane

4rcane New Member

If the debt limit is reached, it depends on what obama admin will do. He could either default or he could prioritize interest payment first to avoid default
    Government is taking in enough taxes to pay for interest payment if they want to.
    Reaching the debt limit is not an automatic default despite what obama/media want you to believe. It depends on what Obama will do next

Its kinda like
    Your salary is $500/week
    Your interest repayment per week is $50/week
    You credit card $10k limit is maxed
    Whether you pay interest payment vs all your other expenses is up to you. Just because your bank refuse to increase your credit card limit does not mean an automatic default unless you make it so

12. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Yes man I just want it all over and done with in the shortest time possible..... I'm over waiting for this and waiting for that.

13. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

I have NO doubt that Obama will come up with some sort of solution to this major financial problem......I mean this is the United States of America man......Anything is possible!

14. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Can't tell if serious or sarcasm :/

15. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

I was being serious Col..... I just think Obama will come up with some sort of resolution even if it is temporary for another year or so...... Surely they won't default, they cannot let it happen?

16. col0016

col0016 Active Member

I doubt they'll default. But it won't be because of some Obama magic lol. They leave it to the last minute every time.
    All just to distract from real issues and make it seem like the Repubs want a balanced budget.

17. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Watching the democrats and the republicans argue of the debt ceiling every few years to like watching a pro-wrestling match. They argue in front of the cameras during the promo, posture to the crowd, back and forth fight between the senate and house of reps, a low blow or a chairshot to the back of the head, then at the last minute the democrats win the fight because they're the crowd favourites which everyone knew at the start. Still the anarchist in me would like to see a default as remote of the chances of it happening.

18. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

They can mint a 1 trillion dollar platinum coin and deposit it with the fed

19. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Or a $17 trillion one and pay off all their debt :)

20. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

And it wouldn't bloody surprise me if they actually did this and got away with it......tertling yanks!