What have I missed

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by TheBullionBoss, Jul 22, 2021.

1. TheBullionBoss

TheBullionBoss Member

I joined this platform almost 10 years ago and have not been active for a long time, . I am recently back on the bullion train so I look forward to seeing all thats new in world of SS. I see a lot of familiar uses still going strong and plenty of new users. Its good to see the community stronger than ever.
    Looking forward to buy sell and trade again. It's been too long..... :)

2. hardyakkagold

hardyakkagold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What have you missed? some likes for a start.... there fixed it for you;)

GeoguyBri and TheBullionBoss like this.
  3. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Some old faces have disappeared but there are certainly lots of old hands left. Silver is higher than it was 10 years ago but China went to the moon in the meantime and silver didn’t. Welcome back too!

TheBullionBoss likes this.
  4. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The world has still been ending

5. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

Yeah I’m in the same boat. I was around this forum quite a bit between 2011 I think to about 2015/16. Built up quite a nice stack at AG ~$18-25oz and AU~$1,300oz but had some massive life challenges back in 2016 where I dropped off the scene and my stack was hidden in a nice space till 2019 when I liquidated everything except my more numismatic collections to help buy my current property. Now I am quite comfortable work and financial wise (god forbid ongoing lockdowns preventing me from working) I am presented with the following dilemma, do I smash my leftover pay of about 500-1000 a fortnight on the mortgage or building a new stack. The problem is it’s easy for me to take a couple thousand dollars or worse out of my offset account and smash it on a night at the pokies where as it’d be kind of hard to spontaneously grab an oz of gold or a couple kilo bars of silver and run em through the pokies.

TheBullionBoss and sammysilver like this.
  6. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Money is the cheapest thing to acquire at the moment. Maybe some more assets?

And another hobby. ;)

STKR and DanielM like this.
  7. pi

pi Active Member Silver Stacker

I’m nowhere near as active as in the past, I was a very keen stacker in the early days.

Stacking resulted in a big career change for me, I became a pawnbroker and opened my own pawn shop. This will be my profession until I retire now (I’m only 34).
    I’m still stacking, but mostly jewellery and scrap gold and pre-decimal. I’m not a retail buyer anymore.

So thanks to this community for leading me down that path. I have a lot of respect for some of the members here.