What do you guys think about SSRI? (SSRI) -seems like a bargain

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by Rebel24, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Rebel24

Rebel24 New Member

2. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

This is listed on the Nasdaq, and in order to purchase these shares, wouldn't you need to go through some type of intermediary company? And would that not in all likelihood be an american company?

If the answer to this question is Yes, then how trustworthy do you think these american companies are? :(

Good ole Bernie Madoff, didn't he used to be in charge of the Nasdaq? He was of the highest moral character until the truth accidentally came out. Birds of a feather flock together... As they say, the only reason good ole Bernie went to jail was because he ripped off the wealthy people. If he had just specialized in preying on small fish, then he would still be a free man.

3. Rebel24

Rebel24 New Member

can you elaborate please? I'm fairly new to investing in stocks. Are you saying that all stocks traded in the Nasdaq are at risk of having shares stolen?

Isn't a share of a company still a share of a company?

Thanks in advance!

4. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Hi Rebel24,

I'm no stock guru either. I signed up with (unnamed share trading company) in 2010, and had never *personally* traded shares before that. In addition to the mining stocks on the ASX, there was a diamond company (recommended by Pierre Lassonde) on the Toronto stock exchange, which I was interested in. Looked into it, and found that international share trading through (unnamed share trading company) involves establishing a relationship with an american intermediary company.

I don't know anything about the company, did not look into it any further, as the mere fact that they are american, made me wary. The moral character of america has been in decline for years, and this is the real underlying problem.

Read this
    http://armstrongeconomics.files.wor...economics-where-to-keep-your-money-121211.pdf

Do your own research. Make up your own mind. There are probably a few on this forum who have traded international shares for years with no problems. All I'm saying, is that if you were to lose everything because that american company experienced an unfortunate circumstance at a future date, I for one would not be surprised.

5. Rebel24

Rebel24 New Member

i do know that George Soros said it was a recommended stock- but this doesn't encourage me it is actually somewhat of a red flag, what would you make of that?

6. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Not sure. Soros is unfairly bad-mouthed by many. But Soros has also invested big-time in many ASX stocks - NGE for example, and a copper/molybdenum miner in PNG (can't remember code), and others. Just not interested in anything which means having to deal with american financial institutions...

7. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Might help if both you guys filled in your country in your profile... I get the feeling there's an Australian and an American in the conversation which is confusing things.

8. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

I saw ssri and thought of the drugs { anti depressants}.