We're All In This Together..... Not!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by ozcopper, May 16, 2020.

1. ozcopper

ozcopper Administrator Staff Member

After listening to some pretty harsh comments & arguing over reopening or completely shutting down for another two weeks, someone in their right mind wrote this.

Don’t know who wrote it, but it’s spot on.

Perspective:

WE ARE NOT IN THE SAME BOAT ...

I heard that we are all in the same boat, but it's not like that. We are in the same storm, but not in the same boat. Your ship could be shipwrecked and mine might not be. Or vice versa.

For some, quarantine is optimal. A moment of reflection, of re-connection, easy in flip flops, with a cocktail or coffee. For others, this is a desperate financial & family crisis.

For some that live alone they're facing endless loneliness. While for others it is peace, rest & time with their mother, father, sons & daughters.

With the weekly increase in unemployment some are bringing in more money to their households than they were working. Others are working more hours for less money due to pay cuts or loss in sales.

For some not getting on with Family domestic abuse is rife...we never know whwt goes on behind closed doors.

Some were concerned about getting a certain candy for Easter while others were concerned if there would be enough bread, milk and eggs for the weekend.

Some want to go back to work because they don't qualify for unemployment and are running out of money. Others want to kill those who break the quarantine.

Some are home spending 2-3 hours/day helping their child with online schooling while others are spending 2-3 hours/day to educate their children on top of a 10-12 hour workday.

Some have experienced the near death of the virus, some have already lost someone from it and some are not sure if their loved ones are going to make it. Others don't believe this is a big deal.

Some have faith in God and expect miracles during this 2020. Others say the worst is yet to come.

So, friends, we are not in the same boat. We are going through a time when our perceptions and needs are completely different.

Each of us will emerge, in our own way, from this storm. It is very important to see beyond what is seen at first glance. Not just looking, actually seeing.

We are all on different ships during this storm experiencing a very different journey.

Realize that and be kind.

Unknown author

2. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Usually the regular citizens who dont want to continue with relaxing of restrictions are those in a financial situation where it doesn't matter,as they have the money regardless, then telling those who need to work they are selfish because they need to feed their kids lol

you have the celebrities on those tv ads promoting stay at home saying how great it is and how every one will come through it fine, Yer they will but not the people they are saying it too.

Then those bloody teachers, refuse to work while the parents of the kids they refuse to teach, would give their left nut to be employed.
    Teachers expect every one else to work they expect to sit at home paid and in QLD even receive a bloody pay rise for doing so.
    What ever happened with the left saying Education is the most important thing give us more funding?, as soon as a Conservative says kids need tobe kept up with education, the left say oh kids dont need togo to school. lol
    The people who suffer the most from that are the kids who need the education the most.

There are plenty of examples that have presented them selves from this virus thing of people with guaranteed income holding back those who do not have the same luxury and need to get back to work.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  4. OneDay

OneDay Active Member

People have way way way bigger problems coming than worrying about their kids education.

5. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

have you got kids? what age may I ask?

. even during world wars kids were being educated, knowing full well kids education is important for the future.

Your just proving my example, you likely have been afforded the privilege of education and dont seem to give a shit for those who are not getting it.

spannermonkey likes this.
  6. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes, some are on a luxury cruise liner, while others are bailing out a dinghy with a hole in it.

Shaddam IV, 66rounds and Jason1 like this.
  7. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Gotta feel for those in the leaky boat situation, it could be any of us easily in the future, allot of these people want to work, pay taxes feed their family, not continually be pushed under by those who think because they can afford it the others should just sit there and take it.

as for the luxury cruiser guys, they are in 5 star hotels and thats not good enough lol

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

See ya down the pub at 3 mate.
    Ok, we'll have a few scooners and push the pokies.
    Kunoath mate.
    I'm not cookin, who does that shit when you can just call into macfat; besides I'm too pissed to cook.
    Darling, could you come home a bit earlier, the lawn hasn't been mowed for 3 weeks and the garage could do with a tidy up?
    F off, I've been workin hard, you do, you do nothing at home anyway.
    No need to swear, ok, sorry, grabus another beer love.
    That's your 8th tonight and that's after the pub.
    Darling we don't have enough money for the electricity bill.
    Just pay it on the credit card.
    The credit card has maxed out, should we sell the hobby boat, third-car and caravan; payments for them are due too?
    What would Brien say if we sold that stuff, we wouldn't be able to go away on weekends boating and camping and have BCFing fun!
    So how much debt do we have darling, just pass another stubby love, I'll sort that shit out tomorrow.
    See ya down the pub at 3 mate.
    F in misses complaining again (glug, glug, glug).
    What about mate?
    Err, just money, she reckons I piss our savings up the wall, she said, I'm always gonna mow the lawn and gonna do this and that but she doesn't realise how hard I work.
    Mate, that's not fair, we only drink about 50 bucks per night on Schooners (6 beers) and a I have a 6 pack at home which is 13 bucks. ($63 per night).
    Yeah, I know, my misses is ungreatful too, She reckons it's better to not drink and to cook at home.
    Mate, that's crazy Bro, how boring and food is really expensive, like, a loaf of bread cost one dollar, a kilogram of spuds cost $2 and fin meat mate, steak cost 19 bucks a kilo
    and chooks cost $9 mate cooked.
    Besides, I'm not eating that green shit, rabbits eat that shit, I'm a bloke with a big melon head. Bro, melons cost $7.50 each, that's nearly a fin schooner!
    Are comin down to the beach this weekend, bring the boat, we'll do some lappies? Na, gotta get the prop sharpened mate, I hit something going flat out, but f, I had a good time we got so fin pissed.
    Fuels really cheap now mate aye, when we use to do lappies in the boat, it cost 300 a weekend, now it's only 200 but we drink a bit more grog but who gives a shit.
    COVID's not good aye mate?
    Yeah, least we have a job bro and get good wages.
    Yeah but Dan reckons he's closin down next month cos he's had to refinance some loans or somefing.
    Really? What are we going to do for money?
    Fin Cun, I got pay electricity bill it was due last mumf.
    F, have another schooner mate.

9. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

Not sure if I can pity people who use work to hide from their partner. :confused:
    Maybe they shouldn't have married them in the first place, or divorced when they noticed their work place has become a refuge from their partner. =_=

Shaddam IV and spannermonkey like this.
  11. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Dude... did you just write all that? LOL

12. heartastack

13. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

14. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

15. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Ive been extremely sick the last few days with some very bad abdominal pains, Ive barely slept, ended up getting so bad last night I went to the hospital.
    Not a single other person in the ER, nurse checked my blood pressure, and left me wait.
    I was there for 4 hours and I asked If i could have a bed as I havent slept and im really f'n sore.
    She said they cant as those beds are for covid patients. I asked how many Covid patients they have had, she said None so far.

So im sitting there for a few more hours, this bloke walks in at 6am and says he had a light cough.
    Nurse asks him if he had chest pains, he answers no
    asks he has a sore throat, he answers no.
    then out rush two doctors all geared up in masks usher him off for a test.
    So I sit there in pain for 6 hours, guy with cough gets treated in 30 seconds.
    All in this together my arse. I Had to leave as my partner had work this morning and I needed to look after the kid. Now Im waiting for a GP appointment.
    So if your actually sick dont bother with the Hospital, they arent interested.
    so for 6 hours of waiting in pain All I walk away with is a $15.50 parking fee and still freaking out as to why my guts hurts so bloody much. lol

This alarmist Virus Bullshit needs to bloody stop, the cure is worse than the bloody disease

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    yuripuka, Shaddam IV, Oddjob and 2 others like this.
  16. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They had been busted in Russia
    For
    Receiving US$500 per person per day
    $ from WHO apparently

17. heartastack

This whole Karen thing is confusing now. All my leftie friends call the protesters Karens. Oh well at least it's not old white males anymore 'Karen' is having the lion's right now haha soon it will just be a general hatred of white women by anyone considered a minority. And now that gays are fully integrated even Ellen Degenerate has been put up against the wall as a Karen.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    Shaddam IV likes this.