Welfare in Australia to be cut?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by errol43, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

I have seen the reaction of a 3 month old baby having the triple aaa vaccine.
    Perfectly healthy baby , my dear friend didn't want to vaccinate her baby but she was convinced/pressured into it by the health department.

The babys little hands instantly tightened into a fist so hard the babys palms started bleeding from his own finger nails .
    His eyes rolled back into his head, he then did not stop crying for months , he has been damaged since that moment.

Very very sad to witness now what my friends (loving parents) have gone through with this child all these years, he is now 20 years old and living in a home in a wheel chair, having to be fed, changed etc.

2. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And sadly, the needle he got was not for his own benefit. It was supposedly for the wellbeing of the majority. Only he paid the price. :(

3. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

Apparently through court proceedings etc my friends went through, the stats were 1 in 30,000 this happens too.

4. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+ 1000

brilliant post mate - that's exactly how the majority of hard working citizens feel! I absolutely detest the welfare state - which steals from me (by force) and redistributes some of that money to people and causes which i oppose with every fibre of my being!

I believe my signature about sums it up ...

5. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Welfare payments not only go to most people but to Industries that find themselves in financial trouble but to many other industries as well but the government calls it assistance and not Industrial welfare..EG 1st Home Buyers grant for the building industry..

Look at the Insurance Industry when there is a disaster like a flood,Everyone thinks they are insured but they are not, then to save peoples homes they have to give out disaster welfare for the community to recover. When you insure your home it should cover any disaster that makes your home unlivable.

In todays world welfare takes many forms including lurks and perks of small business..You go along to your accountant and he tells you that you had better buy a new truck otherwise you will be paying a lot more tax. Everyone likes to think that they can get a free lunch from the government and most do but someone has to pay..Some get more than others but when one does get a windfall then he says to himself, well I deserve that because I paid taxes all my life and all those other bludgers paid nothing.

We are like a herd of bloody swine with our noses in the trough, I've said enough already so I'll kindly bugger off.

Regards Errol 43

6. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Can I correct that? Under Labor industry bailouts happen, but ONLY for companies that employ 100% union labour. The bail out is not to help the company, it is designed to not allow unions to lose numbers due to unemployment of their membership base.

Errol I doubt that you own a small business. Small business owners are the hardest working people in Australian society. And they are the polar opposite of welfare recipients in that the less money a small business owner makes, the harder they work.

A genuine business tax deduction is not a handout. Small businesses do not have any "lurks and perks". Those benefits are reserved for big companies. Lumping small business owners, the people who work hardest of anyone and who take all the risks, and spend their evenings doing BAS statements in with welfare recipients is insulting.

Small business owners usually earn less per hour than their staff because of the number of hours that they have to work to keep up with all the admin, yet they get NO holidays, penalty rates or super. You might as well call "workers" welfare recipients - They are the ones who receive welfare from business owners in the form of 4 weeks pay to stay at home with 17.5 percent loading and 11 public holidays per year, long service leave and other entitlements.

Sorry, lumping hard working people in with genuine bludgers doesn't work for me.

7. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

YAY!! somebody else to keep Pumpkin Eater and BigAD company at those Communist Party meetings ... :lol:

8. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think what he's getting at is that companies like BHP and the Commonwealth bank with multi-billion dollar market caps don't need "help" from the Australian taxpayer and that if they are getting it now, they should be the first to have it wound back if there are more pressing needs on the national purse.

But feel free to keep raving about communists if it makes you feel better.

9. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

It's a real pity that this purist definition of "science" - with which I happen to agree - is definately NOT applicable to "the sicence" as applied in the anthropogenic global warming debate ... but rather that this whole issue is driven exclusively by politics and the desire to control and tax!!

Small wonder then that the issue of immunization is also questioned as to whether there are more sinister issues at work than just pure "sicence"

10. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Actually I'm more irritated by his attack on so-called "middle class welfare" ...
    It's the bluddy middle class who pays the lion's share of taxes (money stolen by the government from individuals) and the so-called "middle class welfare" is precious little to receive back from the thieving government when these very middle class people are struggling to hold onto their home and educate their kids and still put food on the table. There is just nothing left at the end of each month to try and provide for their own future.

So any further attack on the middle class by collectivists really makes me see red. Capiche Comrade??

I'm all for the complete removal of "middle class welfare" as long as it goes hand in hand with a complete dismantling of the thieving tax system.

11. Shaddam IV

I trust science, I don't trust scientists or the people who employ them.

12. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Well it would have worked really f..ing well if "do-gooders" would stop sending money, food, and medical aid over there which causes far more f..n problems in the long run.

And for the trolls/roaches that will undoubtedly come out of the woodwork incensed at my comments, I couldn't care less, and agree wholeheartedly with what this very wise man had to say on the very subject:

13. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

The main problem in Africa is that Western Banks lend money to our "friends" the African dictators. The money gets spent on luxuries for the dictator and his cronies and when the bill comes due, and can't be paid, the IMF swoops in demanding austerity. The African people then labour under this system to pay off foreign creditors. The smart ones try to run to other countries where austerity is not imposed, ie. the Western countries.

14. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Again, that is wrong.

If you want to know about the science, you ask a scientist.

If you want to know how we should handle the facts that have been revealed by the science you can ask Andrew Bolt or Bob Brown or Alan Jones or Tim Flannery or your next door neighbor.

This is relevant article just from yesterday: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/socie...eality-of-climate-science-20120425-1xlhh.html

15. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I do. All of them refute the bullshit perported by the IPCC - which has produced such rubbish in its reports with no resemblance to real science and the scientific method.

Those who write their name to the sh1t in there have been bought by the governments who are funding them and are reliant on the bullshit they report in order to drive their big government big tax agenda.

16. Shaddam IV

The science that shows that there has been no rise in global temperatures since 1996 is not "real" science because it is based on the temperature records observed by recording stations across the Earth. BORING. There are two kinds of scientists, those that look at the data and publish it accurately, and the "real" scientists who look at the data and then adjust it to suit the agendas of the people who pay them, and who give them press exposure and fame. Some scientist have taken to the rock star life, and they won't give it up just because the data proves them to be wrong.

17. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Confessions of an Economic Hit man covers this in detail. The powers in the third world country were made offers they couldn't refuse. Personally profit by selling out your country or failing that the big stick comes-a-knocking.

18. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

That is right on the money jonesy .If you could get independant scientists with no agendas & not on the payroll .Things would be far different in a lot of fields of science. Things get skewed by greed & conflict of interests.

19. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am a scientist, scientists are people too and they rely on money to live and pay for their research. That money has to come from somewhere. In Australia all the money has been given to the citizens to have babies and buy houses. Should the taxpayer fund scientific research? Is it the job of the government to fund research? Would anyone fund research if they knew it might have a negative effect on their business?

There are only a few places you can get money from, some people give you money so they can find the best way of doing things, and others give you money because they want you to prove something.

Any muppet in a lab coat can call themselves a scientist, any muppet can go on a course and call themselves a scientist. Unfortunately the entrance requirements are not very high.

Fortunately the wage packet is so low that the real crooks chose other professions (lawyers, banks, economists etc.) which are more lucrative.

I think you can trust some scientists. You can trust me if you want.

20. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

I think we should rename this thread General Discussion. :p