Welfare in Australia to be cut?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by errol43, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Gecko - seems as if you're the only (other) one awake here :lol:

2. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

It should also be taken away from so-called assylum seekers!

3. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

mate - in centuries past the Pope had immense power and obviously helped shape the world we now live in.
    all i'm saying is that in present times he doesn't mean sh1t - at least not in the sense of him (or his organization) having the power to shape world events etc..

That role is filled exclusively by the elite and their puppet regimes which make up the western world

4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A family friend of mine is the federal Liberal MP for one of the largest electorates in NSW, with one of the highest numbers of welfare recipients. She started a work for the dole scheme some years ago. It was a roaring success, particularly as the people working were saying that they finally were felling some self worth and were getting out and exercising and away from the TV and pub. The scheme was shut down by the Unions with the help of Labor. The excuse? "These people are threatening the jobs of union members".

Union pigs.

5. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sorry YKY, you couldn't be further from the truth on both points.
    (1) no, I do not think its ok for the government to "steal" our money etc I sure as hell don't think it should be going to the IMF or whereever overseas to "assist there" when we should be spending it on infrastructure here. But I am also a realist so my point on crime was to demonstrate that it is not so easy as "cutting off welfare payments" without considering the consequences

(2) I like Ron Paul very much. BUT I'm a realist in knowing he didn't have a damned hope in hell of getting into power as US president with his views. And I think many of those who are praying to the Ron Paul gods for deliverance are probably recycled Obama devotees. So I am quite cynical of all the RP adherants who actually believe he is the answer to their prayers. He won't have a chance in hell of doing anything. I WOULD LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG ON THAT POINT.

6. lucky luke

Don't give yourself too much credit YKY. Self praise is empty praise

7. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Sorry mate - it was more some of the prior posts (to yours) which got me fired up - yours just sent me over the edge.
    The modern day version of government frustrates the hell out of me because it represents everything I detest.

Good, hard working people have basically been denied natural justice and are being raped by this insidious creature which has evolved - called the "state".

You are right however that Ron Paul will never be elected - simply because the number of scum who believe other people owe them a living together with people who are just too stupid and brainwashed to realise what real freedom and natural justice is will always outnumber those who value real freedom.

8. lucky luke

Which is why, for me at least, I see social anarchy as preferable to the currently developing situation of mass centralised control. At least anarchy represents a muliti-polar society. A little fractured perhaps.......................... :lol:

9. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

Thanks.

Lol. I agree that people do indeed make these assumptions. That goes back to my point about govt being an abstraction. This is where our political philosophies diverge as I think these services are when run by the govt, inefficient, too expensive for what we get and generally there isn't a lot of incentive for govt people to do a good job in this regard. We seem to be languishing in the past with many govt services. But this is probably a whole other conversation.

Completely agree with the Today Tonight comment. I really can't stand those shows and get annoyed when I hear people parrot that kind of stuff. It's like the TV is just programming them what to say, which happens to some extent to all of us. I threw my TV out years ago.

The thing is, I don't really see how you can avoid the noise. This is humans we are talking about.

In one sense I agree with you, it would be nice if everyone thought more. My big thing used to be education!!! We just need to educate people more!! But to be perfectly honest, for any particular thing on that list, most people don't care. You will have some people care about some things but shrug their shoulders at others. And that's the way it will always be. So I don't really think that way anymore.

There'll never be enough money through the public system and you will never be able to spend it efficiently. There's just no incentives there to do so. The public service just stagnates. Private companies that get welfare from the govt tend to go the same way. Just turn into huge bureaucracies. Nice for public employees and employees of big business who get to not work too hard, but you end up with a lot of money wasted and people wonder where all that money that gets thrown at these problems go. They end up as black holes, just sucking in more and more money for little gain. But plenty of people working in that area know they just have to keep convincing people that more money needs to be thrown at these problems. Like I said, the incentives are all messed up.

I argue for the Free Market a lot but honestly, the only true incentive that every single person understands is money. And I wouldn't argue for it if I didn't think that overall it wouldn't be better. I've got no desire for survival of the fittest or to see the vulnerable in society suffer. What I do want to see is those who are capable but lazy lose their crutch.

10. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I dont disagree with you at all on this :)

11. RomanControl

RomanControl New Member

or just live by the real law, like we used to.

Welfare is the state taking over the role of protector from the family.
    If you break down the effects of it , thats what it causes.
    (Plato's republic agenda for a slave state)
    How many women would leave their husbands if there was no welfare as incentive?
    How much closer would families be if they might need financial support in a crisis?

Like Hawkeye I stopped watching TV a few years ago too and you really notice how fluid people's values & opinions are when you stop being brainwashed.

12. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

That's all good and well in theory, but the government has the kangaroo courts with their puppet judges as well as jackbooted thugs with firearms to enforce their will upon us, so until somebody can actually start giving practical ways of assistance to ordinary people who would like to stand up to the tyranny (perhaps via a class action with support/representation from libertarian lawyers who understand the Australian Constitution inside out) and actually challenge these unlawful/unconstitutional actions by government, the state will simply continue to sh1t down our necks!

13. RomanControl

RomanControl New Member

We are too domesticated and morally corrupted to go to war.
    Not to mention disarmed.
    And that is the only solution
    People are apathetic and selfish by design, but as long as I have my stack of bullion , who cares?

14. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I disagree.

This is a war that government is waging by legislating away our rights. Many of these rights are actually protected by the constitution as well as by Common Law - however nearly everybody is clueless as to how to use these tools to protect ourselves from government abuse of power.

That is where i believe that libertarian-thinking people who value protecting their God-given freedoms should band together to stop government abuse via the courts.
    It can be done - it's just a lack of resources which stops us from doing so and the government knows this well.

This is a topic i plan to investigate further.

15. RomanControl

RomanControl New Member

Well if you're in Sydney in early May , you can help me help others oust a judge for treason.
    Could be fun

16. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Do tell ... :D

17. Guest

Guest Guest

The government would love to have us all on welfare. Why would they want this? ... To totally control us.

Hypothetical...

Government Here, take this poison ladled injection to protect you from our man made Giraffe balls flu..
    Citizen No I don't want that poison in my body, get that needle the hell away from me.
    Government No money for you
    Citizen Alright then, poison me up so I can support myself and my children

18. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Just have a think of all the grants, rebates and cash back that are dished out to the majority of Australian people..

We are like a herd of bloody swine with our noses in the trough.

Every election they try to outbid each other to get your vote.

Money flows from government like a tap..The Chinese Panda is keeping the Ponzi scheme going in Australia. If this stops, then so does a lot of welfare payments..

Don't take my payments will be the cry of the mases, but some must go, just hope that it is not yours!

Regards Errol 43

19. Byron

Byron Guest

Errol, i'd like to point out that not every citizen receives grants, rebates and cash backs. Money doesn't flow to everyone. Labor sends our money to its potential voters ie housing commission unemployed, immigrants from third world countries, unionists etc.

We are just keeping our heads above water for the time being, but with the rising cost of living, things are difficult.

Except for the baby bonus, Centrelink have provided us with absolutely no assistance. As a matter of fact they paid us a small amount in Tax Benefit B, and asked for it back at the end of the year because their acounting system is set up to rip-off working middle class families.

I loathe the fact that we have paid taxes for years and we are not eligible for any govt assistance or services. What i find more even more insulting is the fact that our tax money gets wasted on supporting housing commission bludgers, women that have one illegitimate child after another and welfare cheats.

I've worked for many years in the heart of housing commission areas and these long term, entrenched by choice unemployed welfare cheats, do not deserve a cent of our tax money.

20. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Well $5000 for the baby bonus is not too bad.More goodies will soon head your way..I do agree that some people get more than others. The way the system is at the moment is to take everything that the government gives out and winge that it is not enough.

EG. The carbon tax electricity rebate for pensioners.. Account for a quarter is $300, increase in power is 10%, therefore yearly increase is $120..Now what does the government pay out. $310pa for singles and $520 for a couple..Plenty of free electricity there.

Over the last 5 years look at the subsidies paid out around the home by governments (federal and State)

1. Water Tanks
    2. Solar hot water systems
    3.Solar panels
    4.Ceiling Insulation
    5.Replacing lighting and water fittings
    6.Set top boxes for pensioners
    7.First home buyers grants

When the party is over we all will have to take a haircut and go without these handouts..Some will probably go at the next federal budget.

Everyone will be waiting with crossed fingers and hope that it is not them that will be hurt.

Regards Errol 43