We have an opportunity to source the 2018 1 Ounce Korean Tiger Silver rounds from KOMSCO.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Art in Coins, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Art in Coins

Art in Coins Active Member

Feeling out general interest as I don't often deal in non Legal Tender products. Welcome any thoughts and opinions. Is it a nice enough piece and worth stocking?

Cheers from Montreal, 2018 Korea 1 Ounce Korean Tiger Silver Round Rev-ccfopt.jpg

Michael
    Art in Coins

2. lowtech

lowtech Active Member

I think that the writing makes it look tacky. Should've put a rock or a tuft of grass there or something. Otherwise a nice enough design. What price can you get them for?

3. tommyrogers

tommyrogers Member

These are not legal tender and Komsco does not deal with any international companies

4. Art in Coins

5. Art in Coins

Won't know until I book the order since it's based on current spot and currency exchange. Pricing today on other site's looks to be around $33 CAD. Pricey for a round I think. Might be hard to generate interest for such a premium.

6. Art in Coins

No, it's just a silver round/medal. KOMSCO is the manufacturer, but Today Precious Metals Solutions in S. Korea has the exclusive rights for distribution. I have a direct relationship with them. Still not sure I'll place an order for these. Think they're a tad overpriced...

7. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

I would not think a price of $33 would be a concern for you when i see you have JM 1oz bars for $27 on your site and sunshine bars for $26.50.
    I mean you do not get much more" bullion " than JM or Sunshine .
    If you are bulk buying ( as a business should) then you must be making a markup of 14%+ on sunshine bars and that is massive for any gold and silver retailer i would have thought.
    So for the coin you have posted above $33 seems about right when you compare it to your plain Jane bullion prices.
    I am curious as to why you "rebranded" in 2017, are you able to enlighten me?

8. Art in Coins

Warm regards from Montreal and thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts. The Tiger rounds don't have a particularly great margin on them, even when buying in large qty's. If I pull the trigger to stock some, it will be mostly as fodder and click bait for the search engines. Why the rebrand? For several years, my PM dealings had been through another company, Montreal Precious Metals. My initial transactions were mostly basic legal tender coins and was primarily just among colleagues at my regular day job and managed via an iPad app. I developed and operated a retail website under the same name about a year into it. As my passion and focus turned more towards "luxury collector coins" (as I like to call them) I quickly realized that Montreal Precious Metals was a lousy name. "Montreal" being to regional to attract interest as a globally recognized brand and "Precious Metals" being too general and without attachment to my core products. I spent a solid 2 years doing the build on a new brand, and vastly improved website and Art in Coins was formally launched early last year. A complete tear down/reboot is probably a better way to describe the overhaul of my business. It was a lot of work, but I've found it goes much quicker the second time around :)

Happy Monday, wish you a great week,

Michael
    President and Founder
    Art in Coins