was it really necessary?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by dragafem, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the picture of where you live. Nice place.

[​IMG]

2. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

There is nothing in the article that suggests she was running at the police ....

"She tried to evade them, which was obviously when they used capsicum spray, that still didn't bring her to the ground and that was when I heard the gunshot."

3. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

"A witness who watched the confrontation between the woman and police unfold told Nine News that the 22-year-old repeatedly lunged at police with her 30cm blade.

'They tried to talk to her a little bit and she kind of lost it,' the witness, Ashton Tuimaseve, said.

'She started charging the male officer and the male officer was backing up looking like he was unwillingly not wanting to do anything. And then he fired one shot and it hit her in the chest.

'I think at the time she was being tazered and that's what might have slowed her down a little bit. "

4. Miloman

I'd be careful spreading that truth around here.

Rather take the correct view that police in general NEVER are violent and are there to help. It's a cultural thing.

You know people can still resist even when no longer breathing! You people gotta learn some. Here's to helping people learn.... helping.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. systematic

There seem to be a number of conflicting accounts about the incident, but what seems to be the case and for want of a better word a young "retarded" girl was confronted and within a few minutes was shot to death by a constable with a few years experience ...

6. serial

miloman that is where you obviously live to think you don't need police to enforce the law
    but let me upload some pictures as well
    look at all these poor criminals just doing there job. I am sure they handed themselves into the authorities later, no need to go after them
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. fosinator

fosinator Member

You should not be a policeman.You SHOULD be TRAINING the police.

8. serial

yeh no
    Asperger's is not retarded

9. systematic

"i think she was being tasered.." .... the Coroner's toxicology report will provide more information ....

10. systematic

Like i said for want of a better word, so people can get an idea of what aspergers/autism is about ....

11. serial

and milo that 2nd last picture of yours looks like a movie scene

12. systematic

I would rather they go after criminals than pulling over mild mannered citizens to issue tickets ...
    or manning drug/booze buses coralling the general public without suspicion ...

13. serial

actually whilst I agree with you that I would like to see police resources directed more towards criminal investigations however getting drink drivers of the road is not a bad thing as well

14. Miloman

Hey serial, I am completely with you and the photos that I've provided just prove how difficult police work is. They are there as a testament to show how silly people are to not believe that the police always tell the truth. And I'm with you again on the fact that any so called evidence or minor discrepancies should not be acknowledged and our opinion be defended at all costs.

Let's say it together POLICE ARE THE BEST!

Let's educate Orwell, oh wait, he's already dead.

15. systematic

They dont stop drinking and alcoholics are still a problem even when they arent driving ...

16. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Bill Gates is said to have Aspergers so you really have nfi what you are talking about

17. systematic

It is a broad spectrum condition - there is a highly functioning state and a low functioning state ... so its you with nfi ...

18. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

So you know this particular person and what her diagnosis was do you ?

For all you know she was highly functioning autistic but with other mental issues or on drugs
    Her behaviour may have had nothing to do with being autistic at all

19. systematic

Thats why i said the Coroners toxicology report should provide more information ....

20. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

I have no problem with police being martial arts experts. Generally martial arts experts are not just thugs, they meditate, live clean, and use necessary force in combat. Much better alternative to untrained gunslingers that fear any possible threat to the point on instinctual deadly force.

Three people should have no problem corralling a single knife wielding threat and keeping them separate from civilians without putting themselves in striking distance. Whether one occupies the threat's attention while the other two circle to the reverse flanks, or two stay in front splitting the target's focus while the third gets in position directly behind, each of the three should be capable of covering the 120 degree arc between the knife wielder and any civilian.

When the knife wielder attempts a strike, there would be one if not two officers in position for a take down while the target of the lunge simply steps out of the path of the blade. Simply being positioned effectively would reduce the need to be above average at unarmed combat. This should be covered at basic training, if not common knowledge gained playing defence in sport.

Police choose their job, and put up with a lot of shit and danger, no doubt. Is it fair for them to suffer PTSD due to involvement in a fatality due to being under trained? FWIW, the chance of ending up in a bodybag in this incident would be pretty slim for any of the 3 police, unless they were grossly incompetent. There'd be a fair chance of a cut if they timed things wrong, but wouldn't be anything a few stitches and a week's paid leave couldn't fix, and they'd be more likely to be considered a hero than a murderer. Even if they were incredibly unlucky/incompetent and failed to protect their neck, the proximity of medical aid would mean they's still be breathing tomorrow. I'm assuming officers are trained in basic trauma management, or have watched enough cop movies to know about stemming blood flow.

I really don't understand how it came to this.