Wallet for NEO?

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by Spode, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Spode

Spode Member

I'm new to this. I'm looking at Neo but need some help please.

Do you recommend anywhere to but? Coinspot comes up a lot?

Then where to store it? I have an unused Jaxx wallet but they don't support it? Any advice on how to not lise it? I had Doge back in the day and have no idea where!

Basic noob here!

2. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The latest is Neon Wallet, prior to that was Neo-Gui. Neon wallet download https://github.com/CityOfZion/neon-wallet/releases

Neo-Gui https://www.reddit.com/r/Antshares/comments/6on1l6/new_release_of_pc_wallet_neo_gui_v201_available/

Neon will allow you to claim your Gas within the wallet.

You can buy Neo on Bitrexx, Binance + a few other places. but these two are probably the easiest and best.

Just be aware you can't transfer anything less than a whole of NEO, if you try to transfer 2.4 or . whatever you will lose the .whatever forever as a result.

So when buying, buy in wholes or wholes and a little bit to cover transaction fee's, when transferring to your wallet, transfer in wholes plus your transaction fee to ensure you receive all your Neo.

Stoic Phoenix likes this.
  3. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member

Neon wallet +1 - be aware, however, that this is unique in my experience, as it demands the private key (NOT a passphrase) to open. As a result, you will end up either with the private key in a file somewhere, or the need to perform something sophisticated (like adding a character in the seventh place).

Neo is GAS driven, so I exchanged through Changelly: just send it straight to Neon, where it will accumulate GAS.

4. SULLA

SULLA Member Silver Stacker

You can use Neo-Gui from Neo Project. Make sure you get the latest version (2.3.6...).
    Issue with Neon is that it only comes in 64 bit for Windows.

I am using Neo-Gui and it is easy to understand and use.
    Neotracker has a very nice online wallet that is also very easy to use.
    Both allow easy GAS claims.

There are paper wallets available for NEO, but the disadvantage with PW is that you can not earn GAS.

As for buying NEO I had no issues with Coinspot.