vaccination is on the table again

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by dragafem, Apr 12, 2015.

1. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The ironic part is it only took you a few minutes browsing meme images for your pro-vaccine conclusion.

Apparently there was anti-vaccination sentiment before the internet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

it is conclusive vaccine did not do anything on most cases the prevention did not work!

if vaccine can immunized, then leave the vulnerable people alone, if you are protected, why fear the unprotected ?

the easiest way to contact the disease is to have its serum injected into your own body. self inflicted feared people who are not and get angry for not being infected.

the majority support vaccination, but are they doing the right thing? it is unfortunately subjective.

3. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Focusing on one:
    "Yet only 3 Australian children under five have died of that disease."

"In the whole of her history less than one person per annum has died of it."

Ok, but then what about:

Men, women and children lying dead from smallpox.

But wait, there's more:
    "Not a living person was anywhere to be met with."

Death rates:

4. GoldenEgg

GoldenEgg New Member

Exactly.
    The herd immunity theory is pure garbage, either the vaccine protects or it doesn't.

5. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Sanitation and nutrition have saved countless more lives then vaccination... R&D is nice n cheap too ;)

6. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

legislation has passed. seems like everyone is affected not just kids...

7. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The law suit on this will be bigger than that on Thalidomide.
    The pharma's go to line of "the benefits outweigh the risk" will be blown to smithereens.
    There are already concerns about infertility in males subjected to this.

8. Agnostic

Agnostic Active Member Silver Stacker

Infertility yikes I hadn't heard that before. Any links?

The sperm count is falling fast enough without any extra help.

9. Stoic Phoenix

10. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

11. Stoic Phoenix

The immunity is only for 10 years

12. nickybaby

nickybaby Member Silver Stacker

the pseudo science in this thread is amazing.

No one going to bring out the de-bunked Autism link yet?

13. Agnostic

Agnostic Active Member Silver Stacker

My wife and I are both scientists, and chose to not vaccinate our children. I am interested in hearing all sides of the debate, both sides have real and pseudo-science promoted amongst their adherents.

14. nickybaby

Brave choice. I to am a Scientist, ( except I will go into more detail and say i'm a Medicinal Scientist ) and have my children vaccinated. The evidence as i understand it is far to obvious to ignore.

15. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

Medicinal ... or do you mean Medical scientist ... i too am a scientist and i am not impressed ...

16. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njNdANeRK3A[/youtube]

A basic introduction to immunology ... active or passive ... natural or artificial ...

17. nickybaby

18. Stoic Phoenix

Nickybaby, in your infinite wisdom please advise what evidence you find too hard to ignore showing benefits (to the male) in giving boys gardasil.....last I did anatomy males didnt have a cervix....unless my knowledge is outdated.

If one vaccine is questionable surely blinkers need to come off as it casts a shadow on others and UNBIASED research needs conducted.
    I would expect any self respecting scientist with an iota of intellect to agree with that.
    I would also expect any self respecting scientist to refute with critical research and analysis of evidenced based clinical trials not juvenile cries of "pseudo science".

PS - Elaborate on what a medicinal scientist is as Ive never heard this....is it a new name for a lab tech they dreamed up to make them feel more important?

19. FlashInThePan

FlashInThePan Member

I would like the scientific community put on the table studies conducted comparing vaccinated and non-vaccinated people living in the same environment and over time.
    Don't believe they exist anywhere.

Now how long will it be before people will be excluded from receiving the pension for example unless you have been accredited as vaccination/flu shot compliant to the state endorsed programme.
    Now if everyone is vaccinated, how can science work in performing rigorous robust scientific studies that determine an outcome where no unvaccinated sample base people exists to make statistical comparisons against? Comparing people from impoverished third world countries with immune systems already shot to those in the west is not science but disingenuous, profit driven, self-fulfilling, and deceitful behaviour.

How about studies that show what occurs to the immune system when one has been loaded up with countless vaccines and flu shots when compared to the untreated. Where is the data that shows long term studies of what we are actually doing to ourselves?

Surely it follows there comes a point where the risks and the benefits cancel each other out. No matter the individual benefits there may be when analysed as separate isolated studies, our bodies are complex and we are messing about with ourselves. Nothing man endeavours in is perfect especially when thinking compartmentalised and looking for profit. For example, if you were working for a private pharmaceutical company who have won contracts supplying the state, and you sit on the board of directors, do you think there would be agreement around that table to fund and then publish studies that may have an negative outcome using real scientific research practice and holistic in scope? I can't possibly see that occur unless there is real oversight and transparency currently not possible with commercial in confidence barriers.

I am sceptical of a situation that has become a 'too big to fail' syndrome till it does. Until a point is reached where real obvious damage has occurred to the population, is when real science may have a chance to operate in a non-corrupted form.

The history books will recorded a people who consented willingly being part of a corporate/state medical experiment administered with all the best intent, that for reasons unforeseen, unfortunately went wrong. Where will the nation be then with a sickly weakened people? And it is not just here in Australia with programs like this being rolled out throughout the west.

Have we become drunk in how clever we are such that we are intervening in administering to our most healthy, the young, a vaccine/flu shot programme that is so board and wide that only shows just how powerful the fear of death is in our society.

The fear of death is the driver of all of this that has gone overboard with a touch of the pathetic. I am not speaking loosely as I have put to rest my son for reasons not relating to sickness only some months ago and know what death and grief looks and feels like.

We are the caretakers and owners of our own bodies. If it is yours, then no one tells you what you shall do unless by consent. Full certified disclosure should be your conditional acceptance together with full liability on the state in any event signed off by a valid representative with time given for full consideration prior.

20. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hopefully not too long. Another cut to a handout people think they're entitled to.