U.S edging closer to catasrophic default.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheEnd, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It works that way in every shop! "A time to lean is a time to clean" as we used to say back in McDonalds. No one wants to pay someone to laze around doing nothing, you don't even have to do a good job cleaning, just carry a broom around, or a clipboard, anything is better than doing nothing on the company's time.

I spent many years trying to find the exact right working environment but every job I have had so far has had egos and bullies and other people you wouldn't want to hang around with. You are unlikely to find a job that employs only people with good attitudes, most people are not doing the job because they want to or they like it, they are doing it for the money.

2. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

If they are sourcing all their employees from Skilled on short term contracts, they are obviously not a union shop are they ?

3. trew

Don't bother - I don't think he'll ever get it.

It's like trying to convince Auspm he should buy a house - a lost cause.

4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Isn't HSV a part of Holden? I can't believe that the unions wouldn't be in there....

5. trew

No

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Special_Vehicles

6. petey

petey Active Member Silver Stacker

I am more confident now than ever that this is trolling.

7. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Why would it be 'trolling' mate? If you yourself are not at least slightly concerned about a U.S default you need to get ur head checked..... GFC 1 was just the entree....GFC 2 is the maincourse!

I don't think alot of you guys understand how serious this event could be? You all seem to shod it off like all will be fine and thers nothing to worry about..... Just because you all have 'stacks'!

Dose'nt anyone realise what a 'modern day depression' will be like? There will be loads of job losses, loads of crime, loads of mortgage defaults, loads of people starving on the streets.......There may even be a REVOLUTION!

Why does'nt anyone here seem to understand how serious this possible event may be?

8. volrathy

volrathy Active Member

most of the people here are prepared for it. I have been preparing for 12 months others here 5 yrs + etc

9. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

12 months..... thats nothing mate! I have known about house price bubbles for 8yrs and all the U.S debt problems for 4yrs..... And all they keep doing is kicking the can down the road and putting off the inevitable..

It just worries me that the way they do things in the U.S with so much BS is they may actually default because of their own stupid ways..... If that happens it will be survival of the fittest!

10. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

and what makes you "worried" that it will be any different this time? or next time or any time over the next 50 years? The status Quo can go on for a very long time.

11. col0016

col0016 Active Member

And yet you have not prepared and Volrathy has...

12. fosinator

fosinator Member

TheEnd, I went through a period of great worry myself, but as others have said, your being worried aint gonna change a thing. If youve even got half a clue as to whats going on that means youre ahead of 98% of the population, so just be prepared.Like court jester said, this ball can keep rolling for the next 50 years.

13. haveblue

haveblue New Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4[/youtube]

14. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Have you tried mixing anti-anxiety medication with muscle relaxers and fortified wine?

15. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Most here realise that 'the powers' are doing us slowly and this default will not be the 'real' one.

As you say these are shocking potentials but at least you know what is going on, unlike 90 percent of the population.

16. markcoinoz

markcoinoz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The default is only the precursor.
    Its nothing.
    All masquerade from both sides and mainstream media beat-up imho.
    They have got to default sooner or later.
    May as well do it now.

If you look at Obamacare, its nothing less than a form of Austerity measure for the people who actually work
    and pay taxes. Completely wreckless by Obama.

The derivatives timebomb that is ticking, now that's a completely different story especially the Interest Rate Swaps.
    When that goes, then it will be "Goodnight Irene".

TheEnd, you mentioned you have worked for a boss the last 10 years which means you have Super.
    While the window is still open you should seriously look at setting up a SMSF and take responsibility.
    Its a given that the window will close.

17. volrathy

volrathy Active Member

I was looking at obamacare and using their calculator a family of 4 on 55k per year in america under obamacare and not covered by work health insurance would pay over $1500 per month the bloke i was speaking to will end up losing his house. If he doesnt sign upto obamacare he is going to get fined

18. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

People have been saying for three years that it is appalling legislation. No one influential listened, surprise.

Congress has exempted itself from Obamacare, and waivers have been granted to a lot of Obamacare-supporting groups such as unions and some large businesses. The hypocrisy.

The real-world effect of the law is it is forcing small to medium employers to drop full time staff and convert or rehire their workers to part time to escape the oppressive aspects of the legislation. It is good for no one.

19. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

7 days until...... The End!

20. col0016

col0016 Active Member

So you freaked out during the count down to the election, now for this. Will you freak out about the next distraction the msm presents you as well? I remember you saying all would be awesome if the Libs won, well they did so stop worrying. Think of the U.S the same same way as of big banks, they're too big to fail overnight. Too many big fish would get caught up in the collapse.

Eventually you'll start to worry more about what the media doesn't report haha.