U.S edging closer to catasrophic default.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheEnd, Oct 7, 2013.

1. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Today is October 7 TheEnd. It's still 10 days away, and when did you last believe what a politician would do?

This has nothing to do with the debt ceiling, but it's an effective strategy in dealing with whatever crisis happens to occupy the politicians and media at the time:

[​IMG]

With thanks to Jim Sinclair's mineset.

3. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Well all I know is it worries me all night and all day...... I just think there maybe a chance that they do actually default?

4. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

I'm going to be blunt here - because I thought we covered this off in another thread.

Two simple questions:

(1) What are *you* going to be able *to do* about it if they default? (emphasis intended to help you stop and think of your personal input into the overall situation, rather than your reaction to it)
    (2) Will you worrying about it change anything?

5. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Well when I say worry I mean I worry about my own job security and keeping a roof over my families head and keeping food on the table......I remember how many lost jobs back at GFC 1 that's all.....And government payments are pathetic to survive on especially in a remote area?

6. Silver Pauper

Silver Pauper Member

We have gone through this before... stop looking for a job and start looking for work... you obviously do not yet understand the difference... so by rights you should be worried because you have no chance of surviving anything... well... tough luck... that means more for me.

7. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well, don't quit your job this time. :)
    Personally, I couldn't give a rats if the USA defaults or not. If nothing else, it makes foreign news a little bit less boring ATM.

8. SilverSaviour

SilverSaviour New Member

If they default and don't try to "rescue" the economy like on the great depression then the depression will be short sharp and over before you know it.

9. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

TheEnd, you are seriously worried. We went through it during the cold war. Your fear of a GFC2 is somewhat justified, however it is unlikely to happen, and should it, we are isolated here in Australia so any effect will be blunted.

Stop worrying about the 7.5 billion people out there and concentrate on yourself first, family second and community third. The rest of the world can look after itself.

10. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I'm beginning to think TheEnd is a masters student conducting some statistical analysis in order to write a thesis on the mindset of how differing interest groups in society prepare for a forthcoming apocalypse.

Or he's the type just doesn't do enough drugs. :cool:

11. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

^^^ then what's all the foreign aid about Sammy?

12. Dabloodymess

Dabloodymess Active Member

You worry me when you say things like that, but luckily only momentarily. Chill out brah.

13. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

YOU ****** QUIT ********** you last job. There is ******** NO ONE BUT YOURSELF ******* to blame for your extend stay on the dole Que.

Worrying about a situation out of your controll is moronic.

Do you worry about the end of the earth as it is comming: in about 5 million or so years time the sun will explode and kill us all

fark.............. Mind = Blown

14. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

There won't be a default.
    There will be an eleventh hour deal like there always is - this is a game to those politicians over in the US.
    I jumped into PMs largely due to the last major debt ceiling debate - fool me once and that sort of thing.

15. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

lol you do get emotional don't you?
    Get a grip mate.

16. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Well I was under the impression that is the U.S defaults it would bring the entire worlds financial system down just like GFC 1?

I have some more bad news also, the job I had at HSV cars is now finished because they reckon I was a bit slack...... I couldn't help it if there production line kept running out of cars to fix so I had to stand around and wait all the time..... It was a funny place to work anyway and a lot of the guys had bad attitudes there. The pay was really poor anyway there...

I will be looking for a new job starting this morning, maybe the recruitment agency can find me something else soon.

17. col0016

col0016 Active Member

You couldn't just clean or something? There's always something to do.
    Stop waiting for others (recruitment agency) to do everything for you. Instead of worrying about armageddon get out and go sell yourself to businesses. If petrol prices are really as prohibitive as you say then buy a bike.

18. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

How am I going to buy a bike when i'm basically flat broke mate..... And riding a bike doesn't save you anything because it still needs to be maintained and needs tyres replaced every 10,000k's plus an extra rego/insurance etc etc..... I actually already have a bike but I had an accident on it two weeks ago.....i'm going to pick it up from depo today....will cost $450 to retrieve it!

What I will be doing today is dropping into a couple of recruitment agencies letting them know i'm available to work again and i'm also going to ring my old work and see if they want me back because I was good at my job when I was there for ten years.

19. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't think that it works that way in a union shop - If you were to show initiative and keep busy the shop steward would soon shut you down.

20. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Its not a union shop and its quite clean already anyways..... Some of the mechanics had very bad attitudes and they used to pick on the young guy I was working with just because he did his apprenticeship at Kmart Auto.....
    I told one of the Asians to back off and leave him alone......

The kid is 22 yrs old and he was great at teaching me at the job....He even came to my house last night and helped me fix my missus car......I gave him $50 bucks for helping me out....He really knows his stuff and he saved me who knows how much in mechanics bills.