Two competing issues of 2016 lunar skull?? What Skullduggery is this?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Sully, Jan 22, 2016.

1. SolidFOOSER

SolidFOOSER Member

For me its all about the look of a coin.....not where its from.
    Since I have the goat skull, and the skull is facing forward, I like the monkey skull that SM released. The monkey is facing forward and it matches the first coin style.
    I don't care whats on the back and what country is says its from.
    I just don't like the 3D skulls the other company is making....and what are they going to do make it so that the Goat skull is the last one in the series and this is the first??
    The lottery may have been a sales tactic but its not like people who won the lottery paid the same price as everyone else...they did get it for cheaper.
    Also what about the people (like my self) that only collect the BU version of the skull? They don't really have a choice. I like the BU version better then the proof.....it looks cooler IMO instead of this fancy shiny skull coin....BU look suits the style and theme IMO.

IDK if you like it then buy it, if you don't like it then why would you buy it.....

2. Sully

Sully Member

you will, actually, have the choice. They have planned the BU version to issue soon after the proof

3. TasmaniaChrismy

TasmaniaChrismy Member

Guys, I hv written to SM Mint on other matters n also alerted him on confusion we had.... pls see his reply to me as follows:

"Regarding the information you are reading in the forums, there are many lies being spread.

We do not want to get brought down by engaging in an online fight in forums needlessly defending ourselves against theives.

Many of our customers have told us that this would for sure get people frustrated and steer them away from the series.

Everyone knows that this series is ours, you will not see this marketed in the USA with any trusted dealers.

The biggest and most respected companies in the US and world will be selling our coin, we have provided a trusted dealer list on our wbsite and a statement. I think that says it all. Please see below for copy but also refer to our website for any information about our products. The COA you have on the original points to us, SMmint.com and SkullCoins.com.

Anything else out there claiming to be "Lunar Skulls" is theft.

Thank you."

4. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

That's a valid and good response. It's clear to me at this point that the thief and impostor is that other mint with the phony gorilla coin.

5. Razz

Razz Member

With 500 pieces skull goat proof and 2000 pieces skull goat bullion how to complete the set with another model monkey skull on the market
    again 500 proof and 2000 -that make 1000 proofs and 4000 bullion monkey skull the goat will be rare :)

6. db23

db23 Member

7. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

wow. that is too funny. What a cluster.

8. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

Ew that antique goat skull is horrible. This is getting out of hand!

9. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

That's a hideous looking coin. If these are the same people that are producing the fake gorilla Skull coin, then I suppose we can expect the same inferior design. No thank you....I'm sticking with SM Mint.

10. Razz

Razz Member

11. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

Emperors new cloths syndrome lol

12. jabusby

jabusby New Member

Hey guys

My name is James Busby I run a 3d scanning studio called Ten24 http://ten24.info/ I also run the online shop 3D Scan Store http://www.3dscanstore.com/ The image these guys are using on the coin is lifted directly from our site and used without permission. Its a Zbrush render of a cast of a Gorilla skull that we scanned a few years ago, here's a link to the product page http://www.3dscanstore.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=90_108&product_id=531 We checked to see if perhaps they had purchased a commercial license which would allow them to create such a coin but our records show that a commercial license has never been purchased for this scan. So they are using it illegally and 100% without our consent. There is very little we can do about this as they have obviously just lifted the image directly from Google badly Photoshopped it onto the coin face. Another case of crooks trying to make money out of other peoples hard work..

13. silverbullion

silverbullion New Member

Thanks for the feedback. I assume this one is fine, the one used on the coin from SM Mint?

[​IMG]
    Source: http://www.newcoinreleases.com/2016-year-of-the-monkey-lunar-skulls-coin/

14. silverbullion

silverbullion New Member

@jabusby Can you perhaps help out a friend?

I've been looking for someone that can 3D Scan Small Polyclay Sculptures into an IGS or STP File foramt in Solidworks or Rhino. They are about 2" x 1 1/2" by 1/2" to 3/4". I have a Company that has been doing my Graphite, but their Scanner in for Inspecting NASA Parts....Your price seems well in line, I hate to just up and leave someone for no reason. This Company is looking for someone to Outsource to also. Please take a minute to check out these Videos! Thanks in advance.........

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7SCOQ-p22A[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvF0u29haAU[/youtube]

David V. Rodgers
    K4 Mint
    Ransomville, NY 14131
    (716) 791-3106

15. Sully

Sully Member

Heard today the Mint/dealers issuing the Ghana version have taken it down.
    The coin will not be minted as proposed, and may or just may not go ahead at a later time with a name change/design change.
    It feels right this way, i think. The whole thing just didn't sit well with a majority of collectors.
    So, congrats to SM!

16. A888L

A888L Member Silver Stacker

Will they be refunding all of the existing paid orders . It was in the order of 98 Euro for one coin posted to Australia .

Not good for the industry , collector and another concern for those who have paid for this 2016 Ghana Monkey .

17. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

18. picturefun

picturefun Member

Sure they will refund you if the thing is settled. From what I heard, it is NOT settled yet. German Mint and Dealers are still trying to get it out. :D

19. SolidFOOSER

SolidFOOSER Member

This series dead? Wheres the rooster skull at? i liked this series