Two competing issues of 2016 lunar skull?? What Skullduggery is this?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Sully, Jan 22, 2016.

1. db23

db23 Member

Google is a very popular artist these days...

[​IMG]

2. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

"Emperors new cloths" affect is becoming mindset now and the SM lottery ploy will play out this way for the purchasers of the new SM coin forever!

The first skull desighn can also be found on google as a common tattoo "Flash" desighn so nothing new about google artists!

SM should have announced the mint split and reason for changes before the second coin was advertised, instead SM just went straight ahead and offered coins to collectors as if it was business as usual,this along with a lottery to secure second coin without announcing the problems shows a true lack of integrity and possibly the real reason behind the split from original mint partner? A real mint has a reputation to uphold whereas a company in name only does not.

3. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

4. Gatito Bandito

Gimme a piece of dat action, baby..!
    \
    [​IMG]

5. natsmezz

natsmezz Member

Yes the original artwork was already made - it was basically a google art search. The same artist also did death themed Zodiac series and that artist now seems to be completely out of the loop. Who knows went on but I am running away from anything these guys are doing.

6. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

7. mmissinglink

As for the artwork (the gorilla) for the non SM Mint Lunar Skull coin:

1) a gorilla is not a monkey...there is no such thing as a Lunar gorilla...that's a fail right there

2) the original images appear to be captures of a 3D model so the graphical representation of the coin, can not be how the actual coin will look because the dark shadows that look black are going to be what....black paint on the actual coin??? No way is the relief going to be so high as to cast actual shadows like they do in the 3D model.

I'm sticking with SM Mint and their 2016 Monkey since they were the one's with the original concept for the LunarSkulls.

8. fishtaco

"Emperors new cloths" the mindset is firmly setting in place!

Difference between ape and monkey,an ape doesnt have a tail. so SM mint coin has a tail to its tails lol must be the original lol

Luna Goat Luna Sheep Luna Monkey Luna Ape! Luna Dragon mmm wonder how that skull works? Emperors new cloths!

9. TasmaniaChrismy

TasmaniaChrismy Member

Me too sticking v SM Mint as I hv more confident on creativity n marketing intelligent in driving the potential of the series for next 10 years...
    BTW, I didn't win the SM Mint lottery.... was buying at normal price...

10. fishtaco

Didnt win but tried to win so the seed was sowed.

11. Razz

Razz Member

I also did win the lotery of Sm but decided not to accept it after i found out about the Two competing issues
    why didnt S.M did not came forward with the truth a litlle explanation would be nice .
    the germans took over his idea and at least they came with a explanation about what happened,good or bad .
    i wrote before after the lunar skull goat sm came with the zodiac sign as the new revelation and the skull goat was nowhere to be seen untill now
    two dogs fighting for a bone
    I cant trust either one of the Two competing issues . and wont buy again

12. mmissinglink

Still hacking away at a strawman, I see. So predictable.

If you'd bothered to read instead of just concocting your own fictions and taking your plastic sword to that strawman you created, you'd realize my argument never was that because the German mint is using a gorilla, then this must mean SM Mint is the original.

It's so easy to beat up your strawman....that's why you are attacking it instead of challenging something I actually stated. Good luck on your epic strawman battle....goodness forbid your strawman ever fought back you'd be in trouble! :lol: :rolleyes:

13. mtforpar

mtforpar Member

At a minimum one can see that neither of the two parties has done a good job of managing their business. Both parties can blame the other party for the fiasco that is unfolding but the truth is they should both be looking in the mirror and asking what they could have done more effectively to avoid this situation. They have managed to turn a winning situation for both parties into a losing situation for both parties. I am sure the both contributed to the current state of affairs and without the comfort of stability, it makes no sense to invest in these coins IMHO.

14. Gatito Bandito

Debate/discuss all you wish, but at the end of the day, one is buying (or not buying) a coin..

If I don't like the design or the price or the minting quality or whatever, then I don't buy.

But if it meets certain criteria, and it's in the budget, I will.

Simple as that.

And I can see why some would (or would not) buy this coin or that one (or both!) after this. Their choice.

Honestly, perhaps SM has already publicly said all he wants to say, per the following, and that would be fine with me..

Authorized Distributors

The "Lunar Skulls" coin series can be purchased through a network of authorized distributors in North America and overseas. These trusted distributors listed below will be sure to offer you authentic SM Mint products.

USA:

APMEX American Precious Metal Exchange

First Coin Company

Liberty Coin & Currency

MCM Modern Coin Mart

SkullCoins a division of SM Mint

CANADA:

Dazzling Coins

EUROPE:

Power Coin (Italy)

Note: the "Lunar Skulls" coin series is a unique annual coin series of proof and BU coins featuring skulls from the Chinese zodiac. SM Mint created the "Lunar Skulls" coin series, the "Lunar Skulls" coin series is the intellectual property of SM Mint & SkullCoins and protected by US federal and international copyright & intellectual property laws. All official releases of "Lunar Skulls" will be posted on SMmint.com and SkullCoins.com and all official dealers of the 2016 release will be posted on these links as well. Each coin of the "Lunar Skulls" coin series is accompanied by a matching COA that references SMmint.com and SkullCoins.com. Please be sure to check these websites as well as LunarSkulls.com for all current information regarding our releases. You can be sure that any coin or product marketed as "Lunar Skulls" that is not listed on the websites above are NOT part of the "Lunar Skulls" series and should be viewed as counterfeit illegal items. All official SM Mint releases will be posted on SMmint.com and/or SkullCoins.com and will be sold through our trusted dealer network.

http://www.skullcoins.com/lunar-skulls/

15. picturefun

picturefun Member

the so-called lottery is a sell gimmick. as simply as that!

What an honest dealer should do is instead of the deceiving lottery, he should come out tell the truth, the whole truth.

16. picturefun

picturefun Member

Have you had ANY, ANY at all, proof that Chinese civilization has ANYTHING to do with the ancient Babylonian civilization? Maybe you should make up some :eek:

The matter of the TRUTH is Chinese civilization is the ONLY surviving one among the FOUR major ancient civilizations on this planet!

17. natsmezz

natsmezz Member

Curious what are the FOUR ancient civilizations? Did I mention I love the word Skullduggery!

18. fishtaco

Create the fiction you like but you are now totally dazzled by "The Emperors New Cloths" lol Luna goat Luna sheep k nobody questioned this? but Luna Monkey Luna Ape needs to be questioned in depth when there is a idea v mint feud with this non similarity in beast as opposed to similarity?and all this just to make "you" believe yourself you are too smart to have be had! lol .

19. fishtaco

100%! Lets entice the coin collectors to buy "my" skull coin version first before they find out whats happened! then they will follow me for the next and next no matter what I sell them lol

As if a Luna coin in skulls was such a brilliant discovery of an idea lol Its all about the "idea"oh and my $$$$

20. mmissinglink

More nonsensical drivel from Fishtaco....quite predictable. Does writing absurdities come easy for you? You do it so effortlessly. :rolleyes:

And another thing, there's no such thing as "Luna" animals. :rolleyes: