Trading on Thin Air

Discussion in 'YouTube Digest' started by Rubbing Elbows, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Rubbing Elbows

Rubbing Elbows Active Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbyk1jI5YFU[/youtube]

I just sat here shaking my head watching the next global SCAM unfolding, consisting of Trading Emission, Carbon Credits etc etc and we are all unwilling victims of this SCAM, thanks to the Labor/Greens government. 1-July 2012 was a sad day for Australia.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Don't assume the right wing are any different, that would be a mistake.

The scam isn't just what any specific wing of government does, but also the fact they continually play the good cop, bad cop game with the public - and they believe it.

People need to push aside the left wing / right wing paradigm and realise that apart from window dressing, the government is one entity with a multi-faceted perspective, used to control as large a segment of the population as possible.

3. Rubbing Elbows

The Scam I'm referring to is the Emissions trading/ Buying & selling of Carbon Credits, the government are at fault for bringing in the Carbon Tax forcing the top 500 polluters to purchase these credits and effectively providing the fuel in keeping the scam alive. Now every Australian is indirectly affected as our costs are higher, and our companies sending millions of dollars off shore to buy these fraudulent Carbon Offsets/Credits.

It's the Greens that are peddling this scam and of course the Labor Government bowed to them to get a gig in Canberra.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ahhh, okay, thanks for the clarification. I think I might have misread it.

That said, I don't think any 'wing' of the government is blameless in this situation.

All sides of the political spectrum for as far back as I can remember have played a role in finding new ways to 'legally' steal the wealth of the people and use it for bribes or self interest.

I am quite fair in that I don't single out Libs, Labs, Greens of Democrats in the past.

They all load up on a thick layer of policy changes each time they hand over the baton to screw you out of your wealth just a little more and to ensure the idiot voters don't revolt, they slice off 10% at voting time and the suckers buy into it.

Really don't give a damn who started it, they're all guilty & corrupt and should be thrown to the wolves IMHO.

5. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm always surprised to hear people here talking about how bad fiat money is because it "isn't backed by anything".

Along comes a new system that is backed by something - carbon - and everybody attacks it.

There is a finite capacity for carbon in our planet's atmosphere before something really bad happens, so why shouldn't that limited resource have a value attached to it? Especially when compared to fiat currency that can be magicked into existence on a whim?

If anything, we should be ditching fiat currency in favour of carbon-backed currency simply because a currency backed by something is better than a currency backed by nothing at all.

6. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

What utter hogwash!

7. hussman

hussman Member

Ok lets measure all the carbon dioxide in the air......ahhh how do we do that.....Refer to manipulated government and private corporation statistics.......... Government and private corporations decide what the invisible carbon dioxide price is.......Its all starting to sound like a fiat currency to me. ITs backed by invisible stuff made up by Government and private Corporations.

8. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

If you havent watched the video in it's entirety then your comments will make you look silly, the video goes for 1.5 hrs

9. Rubbing Elbows

That's right, it needs to be watched in full. I think it explains it all really well, but adds to the frustration that we now in Australia are a part of it.

10. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Carbon is the fourth most abundant element in the universe. That's a great backing and store of wealth.

Carbon backed currency! Please tell me you're joking? Why not a sand based currency, or iron? At least they're a little more scarce. Better yet, why not use rocks, then my kids'd be rich.

11. Big A.D.

Yes, but we're not talking about the universe, are we? We're talking about the atmosphere above planet Earth.

Why is gold valuable? Because there isn't much of it about and its difficult to find.

Why would a permit to put carbon into the atmosphere be valuable? Because the atmosphere doesn't have the capacity to hold much carbon safely.

Why is fiat money valuable? The government says so.

Two of these monetary system rely on natural scarcity and, like I said, I just think it's strange that people here readily accept gold's scarcity as a source of value yet the idea of treating something else with a degree of scarcity as as also being valuable is derided.

12. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

I dont get it :confused:

13. Big A.D.

Everything which is (a) naturally scare, and (b) we use in some way has inherent value attached to it.

The capacity of the atmosphere to absorb carbon is limited and we rely heavily on the atmosphere for our survival, therefore being able to put carbon into the atmosphere should (logically) have a value attached to it.

By contrast, although we use fiat currency but it isn't naturally scarce since we can create it in unlimited amounts.

On that basis, a "carbon currency" is a better measurement of value than fiat currency is.

Or look at it this way: the United States Dollar is apparently the most rock-solid form of money in the world, yet the U.S. actually goes to war so it can secure a certain portion of the world's limited supply of oil.

14. Rubbing Elbows

The credits they are selling is to offset Carbon Dioxide emissions, not Carbon. Carbon and Carbon Dioxide are two different things.

15. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Good watch, so begs the question then, is this the precursor for a one World Government or a one World Currency (Carbon Credits) or perhaps both?

For me it's just sooooo subjective, it's like ummmm yeah probably this action is worth hmmmmm 10,000 Carbon Credits and it's based on the action continuing unhindered for ludacris time frames like 25 years, 40 years, 80 years or 99 years.

For me the whole Carbon Tax debate is not about CO2 emissions is about the Theft of Sovereignty, we would fight a War to defend our shores however have allowed thieves to interrupt our own Laws for us

16. Rubbing Elbows

I agree they have structured it to send allot of our money off shore.

If anything they could have gone for a direct action plan and at least kept the money here and let us benefit from the financial & environmental outcome. But I don't believe it's about the environment, its fiscal. It's a scam.

17. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Goldman Sachs Atmosphere Tax.

18. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

*&%( control freaks, they want us to be slaves! it's a life tax... they will not stop until every firing of every one our neurons taxed. We were made to be free

19. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

scare? was that a subconscious slip? ;)

learn to love the new slavery system ? ... work for carbon ... 6 protons, 6 neutrons, 6 electrons ...

nah .... stack oxygen ........

20. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

Thanks very much for posting this video, I really appreciate it