Trading Feedback Visibility

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by goldpelican, Apr 13, 2011.

1. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Had plenty of feedback on this - thought I'd throw it up for discussion.

This is in reference to http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-77724.html#p77724 from February.

What are people's thoughts on being able to view and leave trading feedback from any post or subforum, not just within the Buy, Sell and Swap forums? It's confusing a number of members that trading feedback isn't visible everywhere, and it does make it difficult to leave feedback when you have to hunt through the Buy, Sell and Swap forums for a post by the member.

The code behind the implementation of this feature makes it a little difficult to just add a "leave feedback" link from a user's profile as I was originally planning, but it's a doddle to just allow the feedback to be seen from every post.

Thoughts?

2. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

I think it would be easier to find if you did a search of that person through the 'User list'.
    That's where i looked for it previously.

edit - okay re-read your second paragraph. If it's just visible in the trading forums that is fine.

3. goldpelican

That's my preference, but as simple as that sounds the code behind it is a bit nasty and it simply doesn't work if it's not accessed from a post. Spent a few hours in Feb trying to debug why but it wasn't obvious what the cause of the problem was.

4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

If you want member's opinions GP - I don't mind the present system, but I don't mind if it's changed. A balance between ease of use and ease of administration would be ideal, maybe what we currently have meets that criteria.

5. Mighty Atom

Mighty Atom New Member Silver Stacker

It is working fine for me as is. Leaving trading feedback is not something I need to do doing every day.

6. lakesentrance

lakesentrance Member

I think it would be easier if it could be found through any post. Even easier thru the actual users profile, but that's not to be.

7. goldpelican

Okay as a trial I've opened up trading feedback visibility across the forum. Post feedback here.