TRADE WARNING!

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by ozcopper, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Revils

Revils Active Member Silver Stacker

1) Coins were in excellent condition
    2) I have a 6 year+ history with many face to face trades included
    3) You are the first person I've had any negative trades with buying or selling
    4) Not that these coins were, but toned coins are bloody beautiful anyway

2. Jason1

Jason1 Active Member

if your buying collector coins you should always ask for good photos, every one has different ideas on what is good and what is bad, sometimes its personal opinion especially when it comes to toning.
    You cant always go on one persons opinion, sometimes a seller could honestly think the coin is upto your standard when its not, so best to always request more photos so you can judge for your self before buying.
    if a seller doesnt offer those pictures then its upto you to decide if you are to take the risk or not.

Revils likes this.
  3. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

@Sulty open up the roll and see if they're no good. Could be just the one coin. If so I'm sure @Revils and you can come to some sort of an arrangement. It's no good for anyone when trades don't go well.

Moving forwards some good advice is to always request photos. I had an experience where a seller posted photos, but the gold coin I received had very bad copper spots. Had I been buying for a collection I would have requested a refund, but as it was a bullion coin and I didn't pay close enough attention to the photos I took it on the chin. Buying on the forums is always buyer beware.

Revils likes this.
  4. brisbane-coins

brisbane-coins Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This happens here.
    Recently in one sell of mine, buyer said he spotted milk spot on the coin which was not clear in the photos I provided in the sale thread. This is after he received the coin. I think, as a seller, it is a good strategy to get it back and refund full if the buyer is not satisfied with the coins. So, I agreed to get the coin back and ask for bank details to give full refund.
    It is very clear that the buyer is not happy with the buy. It doesn't make much sense to forcefully ask the buyer to accept the buy by saying that you need to be careful when you buy. Buyer always get a little bit more privilege in sale, everywhere, at lease when the seller wanted to create a good reputation. Just my opinion.

5. Revils

I'd definitely usually agree with this, my worry was I'd get a different roll than the one I sent, also not available to receive post much at the moment and wouldn't be comfortable refunding without first receiving the coins back which would exacerbated the perception of some sort of malintent if I had the coins waiting to be received and having not paid yet.
    I definitely will be taking photos of all my coins more thoroughly to cover myself. For what it's worth here is the roll in question (middle, snakes). Screenshot_20191026-103943__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20191026-103958__01.jpg

Skyrocket and 66rounds like this.
  6. 66rounds

Would be interesting to see photos of the toning he is talking about.

Skyrocket likes this.
  7. Revils

This is his photo, I don't believe this to be from the roll I sent.

Attached Files:

Skyrocket likes this.
  8. 66rounds

I don't think a sealed roll would tarnish that bad in transport. Where is his side on photo or photo of an open roll?

Makes me think if I were to sell a roll I should mark it in a non-destructive way with a paint pen or something.

9. Revils

I asked for side photos and the reply was:
    "There is no point sending you more pictures when you just deny they are the same coins and accuse me of scamming you".
    I do prefer face to face trades but obviously this isn't always practical.

66rounds likes this.
  10. Clank47

Clank47 Member

Sorry to hear about @Revils hickup... But can anyone vouch for @Bank Manager? I ordered from him and paid nearly 3 weeks ago and have been left in the dark... It's a small order so i'm not worried but I just want to know what is happening...

11. 66rounds

Same thing happened a couple weeks prior and he resolved via express post. I think he must travel or something. If the order is small just have patience. If it's pricey maybe some of the others have contact details for him?

12. Clank47

Clank47 Member

I see, I'm not fussed about the order cost, but if I should expect it in the mail or not. I just hope it's not lost somewhere in the post. I guess I'll keep waiting. Cheers

66rounds likes this.