Trade Problem

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Garnet, May 15, 2012.

1. coined

coined New Member

As it seems I've been condemned I'll give the short version.
    I have traded and sold quite a few of these coins. They have been received with positive feedback. I traded 3 at the same time to another SS member. One of those he was not happy with. We discussed it over the phone and both agreed the best was to return each others silver. None of these coins were the one I sent Garnet.
    He did ask if it was in good condition and I replied honestly. I believed it was. I have never had it out of the capsule and had no reason to believe it had been. I don't take every coin out of its capsule to inspect before shipping as I'm sure most of you don't.
    I thought it was a good trade. I offered it on the selling forum and Garnet contacted me with the deal.
    When he found the apparent scratch the first I heard of it was via an e-mail from him telling me I am full of BS and that I can send his silver back to him and that I can pay for the postage incured by him. I am a fair person. I'm relatively new to this but I don't put up with abuse, acusations or demands. So told him to keep the coin. I'm not taking part in the refunding and that a civil conversation/e-mail would have seen this sorted out quickly and amicably.
    Yup, I turned my feedback off for a night. Not that it will count for anything now.
    Anyhow, what times the hanging? I'll provide the rope.. Apparently, there's a chance it'll be faulty!
    Here's hoping people will still take my money and sell me silver. I'll pay first !
    Have a great Wednesday. And remember if this is the biggest issue in our lives we are pretty bloody lucky !
    Coined

2. SULLA

SULLA Member Silver Stacker

3. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

4. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

(my bolding)

Coined,

Regardless of how the complaint was first raised - that's an unacceptable outcome to a trading dispute in this community.

Please rectify this situation or your Silver Stackers account will be closed.

Ben

5. coined

coined New Member

The way I see it, my account is no longer any good anyway.

6. Garnet

Garnet Active Member Silver Stacker

I would like to clear up that I did not abuse him or tell him he is full of BS.

Below is the exact message I sent him when I found the scratch.

"I received my coin today and I'm not happy. There is a scratch over the queens head, under the E in Elizabeth. I specifically asked you if the coin was in mint condition and you said it was fine, but it's not fine.

I will be returning the coin to you tomorrow and expect you to return my 10oz bar. I also expect you to pay for the return postage of your scratched coin. And please don't give me some BS story about you never saw it or it wasn't like that when you sent it."

7. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

As a note to the general stacker community - if you do have a dispute with a trade, try and resolve it civilly in the first instance to avoid this sort of situation. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar so to speak.

The value of the trading relationships and network you can build up through this forum will be paramount in years to come - I would estimate far more trading occurs off the forum directly between members, than occurs in the trading threads. This is purely a result of building up trading relationships based on mutual trust. The time will come when these relationships are invaluable - and I know of many instances where members have been able to liquidate large amounts on short notice within the community at much fairer prices than if they had to dump metal on a dealers desk.

Stackers have long memories, and this situation is still recoverable.

8. Bart

Bart New Member

Thats pussy talk. Man up an do the right thing. Take it as a life lesson, admit you stuffed up and don't do it again. You attracted a lot of attention by the way you've handled the threaad, so you're not making it any easier for yourself.

Take your balls and go home, no-one really gives a sh*t anyway.

Or read the posts above and actually learn something.

9. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

I don't participate on here all that often, but just want to mention a persons outlook.

If your outlook is positive, you'll look at problems as opportunities, in this case an opportunity to do the right thing, communicate like an adult and make all parties involved happy.

If it's negative, problems are problems and resolution is not necessary, just want the problem to go away and forget there ever was one, as you can't change it anyway.

Outlook is a choice.

10. Graeme

Graeme Member Silver Stacker

If conciliation between parties is not an option, either party can refer the matter to the Magistrates Court for determination by a Registrar/Magistrate.

This is not the best solution but it takes the decision out of the hands of the parties involved and obtains a Court Order which is binding on all parties.

11. ShadowPeo

ShadowPeo Member Silver Stacker

12. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

13. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSyQk-sa2RA[/youtube]

14. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

I deal with rude & abusive people frequently with my business. It's no reason to take their money or rip them off though. I just choose not to deal with them in the future, just like a select few sellers on here. Don't lower yourself coined, break even and move on, I'm sure everyone will forgive you after a while.

15. Dabloodymess

Dabloodymess Active Member

This (and every other thread where a bad trade is outed) serves as a lesson for everyone.

Hard earned dollars change hands here, in often significant amounts. The tolerance for BS by the community here is very low... gain cred by the teaspoon, lose it by the bucket.

Any problems need to be dealt with promptly, politely and fairly... its not bloody rocket surgery :)

16. Sultan Pepper

Sultan Pepper Member

That's a very disappointing response.

17. slater

slater New Member

that is a scumbag move for sure....there is no reason that coined rep couldnt of been salvaged......even now, would just have to work a bit harder to do it....i am new here, and i have done 3 over seas buys with members here and havent had any problems.....prettymuch can tell from the way the posting is here that its a no nonsense site...and i love that about it..

so sorry to see someone get ripped off like this....

18. Prior

Prior Member Silver Stacker

Trade rookie..

19. adrenalin

adrenalin New Member

Must be some damaged 5oz ox coins going around Queensland.

A few months ago bought some 5oz ox coins from a different Queensland member. (Not Coined)
    This member had a lot for sale. In the messages before purchasing the coin,
    I had specifially asked if they were in absolute perfect condition.
    As I am fussy about the coin condition as well as capsule the condition.

The seller mentioned they were in great condition and that the
    coin had only hairline scratches only on the capule and that you can hardly see them.
    I thought I would just replace the capsule when it arrived.

However, when the coin arrived it had toning, scratches on the coin and capule.
    I was not impressed!! And mentioned I would not of bought it if I had seen it in real life before.

No feedback was left. However I will never deal with that person again.

Also on the grapevine I heard of a few other members that bought these coins from the same member and they were not impressed too.

20. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Must be the floods :p