TPP Dirty Deals - Selling out Australia

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by ozcopper, Apr 13, 2015.

1. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Just heard Obama and Singapore PM talking about the TPP...Both played up that the TPP was good for all nations. Obama didn't care if the two Presidential Candidates for 2016 opposed the TPP... He said he would push it through Congress....

However, he didn't mention how Corporations would rule the roost legally by using the ISDS.

At least he spoke for some time on the TPP unlike our PM who has hardly mentioned it.

The Europeans oppose the TPPP. Are Australians dumb?

It will be too late when our Sovereignty is gone. ISDS rules over High Court.

Regards Errol 43

2. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

WikiLeaks' Assange - TPP Not Only Trade, 83% Is Fascists Controlling Our Daily Lives
    1 day ago -

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBeQvpFTvqU[/youtube]

3. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Obama wants this in place before he departs the office. Clinton is all in favour. Trump says he'll do all he can to reverse it if it's signed before he is elected and refuse to ratify it if he's Pres. before then. MSM anti-Trump fervour explained?

From the above youtube description:

4. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

(Note: I am just referencing your quote)
    OECD countries already F$%Ked over many developing countries to be where we are now though.
    Without pillaging other nations of resources and exporting crap dirty work where would we be.

Lets look at textile industries, third world country people work in horrendous conditions so we can have our clothing for less.

Why is that we think it is only the good jobs that are sent off shore to mexico or any other country like India or Philippines?

Plenty of really shit jobs are sent as well.

Many corporation in Australia (same in America I presume) have off shored call centres... and local people complain bitterly and say we should "bring" these jobs back to Australia (USA) , "that these are good jobs for aussies" (BULLSH%T) call centre jobs are shitty, imagine listenting to people complain all day, everyday. Do you think happy people call call centre?

Its even worse than having to say "Would you want to have Fries with that" after graduating Uni.

I talk to my friends, and they say my company should bring these jobs back, but trust me most uni graduates now wont have the stomach for it, my pampered friends kids wont last week and rather get the dole.

What people forget is that these are shit shit jobs. No one enjoys listening to the crap people say to a Level 1 helpdesk. However L1 helpdesk is a career path in many of these countries and they do work really hard in difficult circumstance. And also many are paid double or triple the local wages, making it a real career path.

My customers say I want to speak to a person in Australia or USA, thinking local people are better. And yes they are better, but that is not because they are in Australia or USA but that is because they are more senior, be it level two or even higher.

Bringing back level 1 helpdesk to Australia, it wont solve the issue, what we will get is 100% disinterested staff who complain bitterly about $45k to $65K salary and leave...

If the consumers agree to pay more for internet, we could pay L1 staff $90K but as if.

We should remember there are many crap jobs, that we couldn't get locals to do, and if we paid them enough to get them "work" it, than the consumers wont pay for it because it is too expensive.

just my 2 cents

5. JulieW

I came across this article on ISDS

and :

6. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Looks like the author has been doing a lot of imagining.

7. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

there is not a single bill that passed with being read first.

just say yes, later you can take your time to read them all. so we are not sure what we are voting for here mate.

we vote for the people that gave us the most money, we represent the most of you alright.

you get what you paid for alright, you get the representation you deserved.

8. tas stacker

tas stacker Active Member

Governments should be transparent in there dealings
    However I have yet to see a government that was

9. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Australia is a corporation masquerading as a democratic government state.
    It's not even legal yet we all accept income tax and go to vote for two parties offering the same thing.

We are to blame, the government is only doing it's fiduciary obligation in looking after the shareholders.
    Just a heads up.... it aint us.

10. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Those in government like to trot out the line "if you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to hide." Well, governments seem to have much to hide, so....

11. JulieW

12. JulieW

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTGkkefjLCE[/youtube]

13. errol43

Thanks for posting this video JulieW...Explains the dangers of the TPP...Corporations rule the world!

Meanwhile here is our PM Turnbull along with Julie Bishop over in the US preaching to US senators about the trade benefits of the TPP.

They will come back with brown tongues after licking the ass of Obama.

Selling out Australia to the whims of Corporations.

Frack baby Frack and drill baby drill, anywhere, anytime You have the law on your side.

Not a word from Shorten either....Maybe they will all end up with a job on the ISDS or Goldman Sachs. :)

Thousands are demonstrating in Europe over the TPPP yet here in Australia it seems like hardly a soul cares...Is it because all that Australians care about is security, gay marriage or scoring minor brownie points off each other.

Wake up Australia, stop worrying about interest rates and home loans for if you do then the TPP will make you a slave for ever more.

Regards Errol 43

14. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

IMHO Australians are mostly ignorant of what the TPP is, and what it's consequences are.

Not helped by the fact that no politician or party has made an issue of it and the MSM are completely silent on it.

Australia is a nation of mushrooms. Kept in the dark and fed on sh1t.

15. errol43

At last Demonstration against the TPP in WA.

Regards Errol 43