Top 10 All Natural Anti-Viral Compounds

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by whay, Feb 29, 2020.

1. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

This is Cathcart:
    https://omarchives.org/dr-robert-cathcart-md-a-unique-function-of-vitamin-c/
    “In 1970 I noted an increasing bowel tolerance to oral ascorbic acid with illness. In 1984 I wrote, (19) "Based on my experience with over 11,000 patients during the past 14 years, it has been my consistent observation that the amount of ascorbic acid dissolved in water which a patient, tolerant to ascorbic acid, can ingest orally without producing diarrhea, increases considerably somewhat proportionately with the "toxicity" of his illness. A person who can tolerate orally 10 to 15 grams of ascorbic acid per 24 hours when well, might be able to tolerate 30 to 60 grams per 24 hours if he has a mild cold, 100 grams with a severe cold, 150 grams with influenza, and 200 grams per 24 hours with mononucleosis or viral pneumonia. The clinical symptoms of these diseases and other conditions previously described, are markedly ameliorated only as bowel tolerance dose levels (the amount that almost, but not quite, causes diarrhea) are approached (20.21.22.23.24.25)."

So, this is back in 1970. His observation was *bowel tolerance* - ie your bowel not trying to shit out as fast as possible excess vitamin C when you are sick. I don’t know if a serum vitamin C was available then. It is now, but not that cheap I think. A problem I think people agree more or less on is it can be hard to know what is happening when you lack blood level data and even more pertinent, tissue delivery, particularly in this case to the lungs.

But that’s what Cathcart had in the 1970s. Do you think this is good enough?
    https://beckibaumgartner.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Cathcart-Vitamin-C-Paper.pdf

I can’t find anything placebo controlled by Cathcart (yet, still looking)

However I found two trials for sepsis/ARDS published in the last 2 years in JAMA which failed to find evidence of any beneficial change with megadose vitamin C infusion versus placebo, except in all cause mortality as a secondary endpoint in one trial.

2. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

And I think you need to understand this guy Cathcart

Here is what he wrote in that paper I linked:

“Viral hepatitis of all types, in my experience, is one of the easiest diseases for ascorbic acid to cure”

Oh really?

I think hepatitis C only got good widely available curative treatments in the last few years.

Hepatitis B has only suppressing drugs even now. The vaccine on the other hand is helpful.

So this very bold claim made 50 years ago is nothing more than wishful thinking unless there is clear evidence to back it up. (There isn’t, because he could not have known at all what the quantitative load of the virus was in the blood, because polymerase chain reaction technology only was developed decades later and not widely available until almost two decades more)

His evidence for what substantiates a “cure” is a few liver function enzyme tests and a clinical impression from what I can see.

That’s the standard in the 1970s as it’s all people had. That colours how people think, the same as it does today and the placebo controlled randomised double blind trial is the standard now.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  3. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

Well-I don't think so-I 'm taking a lot Vitamin C and in 32 years I don't know what's a flu or viruses. Coincident?-I don't think so -I'm not taking any medication-using only old method medicine/plenty garlic as well/. I 've seen people where 50 times more than standard norm Vitamin C has been given to them and they recovered very quickly-taking before some medication without any positive results. I would't say that dr.Lewis was dead wrong on Vitamin C...

Pendragon and 66rounds like this.
  4. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I would argue you are health conscious and thus have a different lifestyle to most. That's why you dont get sick. Your diet is likely to much more balanced than others.

madaw1 likes this.
  5. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Why the fixation on Vitamin C?

You want a good natural anti viral compound - Royal Jelly for the win, I have half a teaspoon a day....which I attribute to maintaining a higher than average immune system.

NOTE Point 1, 2 & 9
    from this 5 year study.

RESEARCH SYNOPSIS

The only thorough research on Royal Jelly was conducted at the University of Bratislava in the Slovak Republic by Dr. Josef Vittek (Biologist) and Dr. Jaroslav Kresanek (Pharmacologist). After five years of intensive scientific investigation, they discovered the following:

1. All known viruses could not survive in pure Royal Jelly.

2. Royal Jelly has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties, specifically against streptococcus, staphylococcus and bacillus (disease causing bacteria).

3. Royal Jelly accelerated the formation of tissue in human bones, helping arthritic conditions.

4. External applications of Royal Jelly on human subjects accelerated the healing process of burns, cuts, scrapes and infections, in half the normal time.

5. After causing rats cancer cells, the controlled group of rats were given Royal Jelly in their diet. Their cancer was controlled and eventually disappeared. In the other group, which didn’t receive the Royal Jelly, all the rats died of cancer.

6. Impotency in male subjects was improved considerably in 90% of the cases studied, resulting in superior sexual performance.

7. It was discovered that Royal Jelly cures sore throats, intestinal problems, reduces high cholesterol levels to normal in 2 weeks, and is helpful in the treatment of hardening of the arteries, arteriosclerosis, vascular disorders and Buerger’s disease. They also found that putting Royal Jelly on bed sores eliminated the problem in a few days.

8. Incredible results were obtained in rejuvenating sex glands, increased sperm count and sexual function in both sexes. It helped memory and brain activity as well as producing an overall high and lasting source of energy.

9. It was concluded that ingesting Royal Jelly produced an extraordinarily high resistance to disease.

Pendragon, madaw1 and 66rounds like this.