Top 10 All Natural Anti-Viral Compounds

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by whay, Feb 29, 2020.

1. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

Coronavirus can be treated with cow urine, dung: Hindu Mahasabha chief
    This comes at a time when one case of novel coronavirus has been confirmed in Kerala, India
    https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/i...urine-dung-hindu-mahasabha-chief-4890361.html

“Consuming cow urine and cow dung will stop the effect of infectious coronavirus. A person who chants Om Namah Shivay and applies cow dung on body, will be saved. A special yagna ritual will soon be performed to kill coronavirus," the report quotes Chakrapani as saying.

2. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^^^

Sad but funny...Must stop thinking, too many jokes re this come to mind.

3. Pendragon

Pendragon Active Member

Yes Vitamin C does work, if you use the correct dose and mode of administration.

Both forms of Vitamin C are important:

generic Vitamin C - Ascorbic Acid powder is cheap and we use it for prevention. This is an example of correct dose and use of Ascorbic Acid powder:
    Vitamin C Saves Wuhan Family from COVID-19

Liposomal Vitamin C allows you to almost double the concentration of vitamin C in the blood and deal with the onset of infection.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    sodl and madaw1 like this.
  4. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

In the blue corner is Pendragon

In the red corner is Harvard

Is there a treatment available for coronavirus?
    Currently there is no specific antiviral treatment for this new coronavirus. Treatment is therefore supportive, which means giving fluids, medicine to reduce fever, and, in severe cases, supplemental oxygen. People who become critically ill from COVID-19 may need a respirator to help them breathe. Bacterial infection can complicate this viral infection. Patients may require antibiotics in cases of bacterial pneumonia as well as COVID-19.

Antiviral treatments used for HIV and other compounds are being investigated.

There’s no evidence that supplements, such as vitamin C, or probiotics will help speed recovery
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog...many-questions-and-some-answers-2020022719004

5. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

Again I ask Pendragon, do you have anything more than case reports, particularly from orthomolecular vitamin advocacy websites?

6. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

I just can’t find anything really worthy of the sensational claims beyond case reports

7. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

What about the evidence for this, beyond case reports?

8. sodl

sodl Active Member

madaw1 and Pendragon like this.
  9. Pendragon

Pendragon Active Member

[​IMG]
    China Today: Large scale version of the western private clinics administering IV Vitamin C.
    COVID-19 you have met your match - good buy.

10. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

Nobody in that picture on oxygen.

Remember - this is where it counts.

The most probable reason for hospitalisation in adults is probably going to be type I respiratory failure, ie a failure to maintain adequate oxygenation no matter how hard you breathe.

I don’t think heroic vitamin C doses mean much outside of this group. But I’m happy to be convinced otherwise.

If the group of people you infuse are not the sick ones, then they were most likely going to get better anyway. Its the sick ones you want to know about. Otherwise it is clear selection bias.

Meanwhile, there is one trial going on in China (on clinicaltrials.gov). I’m a bit suspicious at the bias (or assumption) level in the preamble. So, I don’t have my hopes up about a dispassionate study.

China is now reporting almost no cases. This is remarkable. As is the censorship there. And people here are saying the US is censoring vitamin C. China *actually* made it a criminal offence to write stuff on the internet. Let that sink it, you CCP fans.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  11. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

12. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

And again, why do you people consistently post stuff from orthomolecular sites? Do you have an agenda perhaps? Or is this your stock and trade?

13. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

And it is a totally misleading headline to say it is the USA censoring this information

It is FACEBOOK (per the article)

I’ve also seen Reddit censor this sort of thing. Twitter censors Alex Jones.

The US has freedom of speech written into its bill of rights. None of these companies are the USA.

It is duplicitous media manipulation to suggest it is the USA “censoring”.

This is in stark contrast to the CCP - who actually did make it a criminal offence to spread information about this virus around the net.

Just ask Li Wenliang. Oh you can’t because he’s unavailable for comment

14. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

And again the same Dr Saul! Dr Saul hopefully also takes into account the various studies that have not (yet) demonstrated the odd miraculous recovery in case reports.

15. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

Let’s hope he’s right because right now we could sure use something that works

16. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

Maybe you haven't read yet... Sorry to quote my own post...

17. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

The material you quote is not of the current standard for good quality evidence.

Also, there’s evidence vitamin C is pro-oxidant in high doses (not anti-oxidant).

18. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

After this post,to preserve my inner energy there is no point to further continue...
    Edit: Old standard is working more efficiently today than current standard therefore Big Pharma is against it...

19. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Dr Lewis was a smart man but dead wrong on Vitamin C. Sure it is beneficial, but any excess you take in is just excreted in your urine. Same more for most water soluble vitamins. One or two mandarins a week is plenty Vitamin C for your body.

Just be careful not to overdose on the fat soluble ones...

20. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

It’s about the quality of the evidence

The quote you list seems to be this:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4069036

It’s a hypothesis published in 1985 by Cathcart and a comment about toxicity.

I firmly don’t believe there is any real objection by anyone if this actually works. The problem is not that it’s cheap. The issue is whether it works.

You know what Big Pharma would do if it did work? They’d tweak the molecular structure slightly (Maybe make a longer acting isomer/enantiomer given its short half life). They’d patent that, market it and profit, like they do for so many cheap drugs.

They haven’t done that. If megadose vitamin C works, they’ll be in like Flynn to make money with “ascorbocides”