Too bad it took me so long to get back in.

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by intelligencer, Jan 19, 2011.

1. intelligencer

intelligencer Active Member

What a thrill shares have been over the past two weeks!

Already over 23% return on one share and over 10% overall. I shold have got back in ages ago. Would have had heaps more play money!

I guess I just needed to get the security of physical in place as a hedge against my loans.

Now 50% of anything more I earn becomes play money for shares. I'm on an accumulation program :)

I sold my Myer shares today, first I've ever sold at a loss. And will redeploy that too.

One last dog industrial share left - TLS which will again be sold at a loss soon. I only went for T1 so its not too bad but I've seen the light with the penny stocks :)

2. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

AKM..............

got in @ 19.5 on 14/10/10

yesterday hit 82.5

today 75.5

YEEHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shares can be fun!!!!!!

3. Mark

Mark New Member

I wouldn't even know where to start with shares.

Buying silver (what little i have) was the first time i have ever invested in something and i only did it because i can physically hold it.

I have often wanted to buy some shares but don't have much money and the whole process seems to big and scary.

4. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

IVR

Ready to run on Jungle Dam Iron ore news. Daily/Weekly charts look excellent

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Me too Mark. Until I have at least 1000oz in Silver, I'm not even looking at shares although in the way of PM bull runs, the mining stocks usually outperforms the physical by a substantial amount.

If you know what you're doing, shares can be much more profitable but you really have to know what you're doing. ;)

6. Mark

Mark New Member

Congrats on the 6000th post Auspm :p

1000 Oz is a worthy goal... but unfortunately 100 will have to come first

7. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sounds like 'Fluffy's' about to get a hot lead injection.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I only just passed 100 at xmas just gone mate, don't feel bad. I had a shocking year in 2010 with some unforseen expenses meaning I had to liquidate some of my position (most painful, I don't recommend it!). But getting back into the game and buying as soon as you can is key to moving ahead.

When you start saving hard and buying on a regular basis (no matter how small) you'll be surprised just how quickly it adds up. ;)

9. intelligencer

I think at todays prices for silver 200oz would be plenty to contemplate some shares.

Its not as scary as you might think.

Only caveat imo is that the money should be 100% excess to your needs. Money you'd otherwise never miss if you lost it.

Not that you will lose it, but you could.

Shares have been kind to me over the past 20 years even as a very very lazy buy and hold investor. The last 6 months have seen me liquidate tens of thousands worth of shares to redeploy into loan payments, metals and now new shares.

I'm quietly confident that the $10k I've recently redeployed should become $50k within 2 years. If I can score some ten and twenty baggers the sum could be a lot more.

It took a few hobbies to break me out of 100% physical metal.

1. Stacking cupronickel.
    2. Learning to solder/weld so that I can build myself a nice pot still for distillation of ethanol.

I feel infinitely more settled since I've lost the gloomy feeling from thinking just physical.

If you havent done it yet, look into shares. Theyre not as hard as you think.

10. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Man, you're playing with a black science there mate. Temperature, bacterial infections, feedstock blends. I'm stuffed if I know how appalachian hillbillies made moonshine at all. Yet some old guys can run up a brew in no time, wash their kit out with a garden hose and get a second batch on in no time!

11. intelligencer

Yes a lot to learn.

I was thinking of stacking whiskey, vodka etc at one point but then it occured to me that you'd be infinitely better off if you actually had the know how and equipment to make moonshine in that scenario.

You could use the ethanol as fuel, an anaesthetic, disinfectant etc. Very useful and complements stacking imo.

12. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

And you can make 96% pure ethanol from humble ingredients such as grass clippings etc. Anything natural that contains sugar.

http://homedistiller.org/

13. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

intelligencer, I am glad to see you have rejoined the stock investors. I certainly understand and agree with the need to own physical pms. And even though I have always thought that the pm stocks would outperform physical pms, I still put about 1/2 of my investment money into physical pms. For those contemplating investing in pm stocks, they are very volatile and it will be an extremely bumpy ride. However, if the pms increase in price as much as most of us anticipate, the stocks should greatly increase in value.

14. vacantroom

vacantroom New Member

That's WHY I invest in shares, because I don't have much money .... but I want more.