This Forum vs EBay

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by silverlover, Aug 24, 2011.

1. silverlover

silverlover Member

We are pretty lucky to have these kind of forums to not only discuss all things that are Panda related but to also buy/sell Pandas as well.
    Even though Pandas are very beautiful coins that have a strong numismatic value, trying to get the best price for your coin is not the easiest depending where you are. I've tried selling one of my older Pandas and the shops at best will take a dollar over spot at best.

The only other alternative is using EBay. While eBay generally gets you the best prices on the surface, the amount of fees/commission really screws with your profits. There are other hassles too that others can list here.

And now comes the best thing, the Panda forums here at silverstackers. Despite having very low traffic in comparison to EBay, every auction I've seen here as commanded very good prices for the seller and even for the buyer. No commissions or nothing aside from the option of using Paypal.

Another great thing is that there is a good trust system here based on referrals and past references. You can also get to k ow the poster based on their posts here.

My personal thing that I like is that if I wanted to live in Thailand in the near future, I can just sell my Pandas from there and will hope to gain such an excellent credibility that there will be no worries of which country I'm selling them from.

I know many people are afraid to buy certain items depending which country their from when it comes to eBay.

And last you have great help from peeps like Yennus, fishball, etc to vouch if you have a real or fake Panda. You certaintly don't get that on eBay.

I can't wait till this site gets more traffic esPecially as silver goes up.

2. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

:lol: yeah Silverstackers is great for price discovery in pandas.

yennus offers some of the best prices for his Gold fractional pandas and buyers get bargains from him.

Best to have a few sales/buys under your belt silverlover, much easier to vouch for people when trades have been done.

For example, you could buy some of those cheap 2009 pandas from NWTMint and ship them here for us poor Australians hahaha :D

3. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I avoid Ebay for many reasons... but I really enjoy being here on Silverstackers! :)

Silverstackers beats Ebay! :)

4. nicwinner

nicwinner Active Member Silver Stacker

ebay is a good way to learn, include fake inmormation..
    this fourm is good to talking with other silver collector!

5. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

eBay has a well deserved reputation for fraudulent products. BUT, good deals and good product can be found. Even though it can be a bit of a hassle, PayPal and eBay will reimburse for bogus deals, I know, they've had to reimburse me LOL. I've learned to be picky as to who I buy from. BUT I am very, very fortunate to have stumbled across a forum with knowledgeable, reputable fellow Panda collectors and would turn here first when looking to expand my collection.
    I'm honored to be a part, albeit it small, of the 'Panda Brotherhood', uhm, Sisterhood too, sorry ladies :)
    Rich